We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who is the Best Fire Bender?

Well who is it?

WiseLad

[21]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    the dragons were maybe more easily killed because they were not vicious? only killed when they had to, but they are more powerful, specially when they can do more than red, yellow and blue fire
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jackson5050

[22]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    I think it is absurd to include Zhao and not Azula, but the omission is inconsequential. Although Azula is my favorite character, Iroh and Ozai are the only serious contenders for best firebender. Ozai is my selection, but I would not fault someone for selecting Iroh.
    Edited on 06/01/2009 9:53pm

edmasterchaos

[23]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 41
    WiseLad wrote:
    the dragons were maybe more easily killed because they were not vicious? only killed when they had to, but they are more powerful, specially when they can do more than red, yellow and blue fire
    Well, i don't know if Rainbow Fire is stronger, or canon, it's just an One-Episode Deal.

Unless the new comics reveal something, i'll consider dragons to be weaker than the many FireBenders who got the Dragon title.

gilvatar

[24]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 17
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I think it is absurd to include Zhao and not Azula, but the omission is inconsequential. Although Azula is my favorite character, Iroh and Ozai are the only serious contenders for best firebender. Ozai is my selection, but I would not fault someone for selecting Iroh.
    Plus we don't know Iroh's true power. We never saw him fighting someone for more than 2 seconds.

MarryLarry

[25]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 11

edmasterchaos wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    Well, i don't know if Rainbow Fire is stronger, or canon, it's just an One-Episode Deal.

Unless the new comics reveal something, i'll consider dragons to be weaker than the many FireBenders who got the Dragon title.

Zuko said they were the ultimate Firebenders. He also never said a Firebender had to use Firebending to kill them, meaning they could use any weapon at their disposal like spears, arrows, traps, etc.

KingofSpades209

[26]Jun 2, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Plus we don't know Iroh's true power. We never saw him fighting someone for more than 2 seconds.
    Well he was a general and he has the nickname "The Dragon of the West" so I think he is a talented earth bender.

AllieAllie

[27]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 22

KingofSpades209 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Well he was a general and he has the nickname "The Dragon of the West" so I think he is a talented earth bender.

Well, that's for sure. You should see him lift those rocks, he could probably beat Toph.

Edited on 06/03/2009 8:24am

JadeBlosssom

[28]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 4
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    He destroyed the "invincible" wall of Ba Sing Se with the comet's power. That's pretty badass.

gilvatar

[29]Jun 3, 2009
    JadeBlosssom wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    He destroyed the "invincible" wall of Ba Sing Se with the comet's power. That's pretty badass.
    I just didnt think that counted because off the comet.

JadeBlosssom

[30]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 4
    gilvatar wrote:
    JadeBlosssom wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I just didnt think that counted because off the comet.
    Yeah, but that massive mechanical drill couldn't even do that. Comet's power or not, that says a lot about his firepower

gilvatar

[31]Jun 3, 2009
    KingofSpades209 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying we don't know if he really is 2nd to Ozai or if he was just trying to keep Zuko from pushing the issue and he really has more power than Ozai has ego.

Jackson5050

[32]Jun 3, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    True, we have only seen glimpses of his firebending prowess. That is why I would not fault someone for selecting Iroh. Which brother is better than the other one is, to our limited knowledge, indeterminable.

isabelwhatx

[33]Jun 11, 2009
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    True, we have only seen glimpses of his firebending prowess. That is why I would not fault someone for selecting Iroh. Which brother is better than the other one is, to our limited knowledge, indeterminable.

Jackson! I knew I recognized the ridiculous vocabulary

isabelwhatx

[34]Jun 11, 2009
    From those choices...

Ozai, dur. Iroh may be a good firebender, but Ozai has incredible power to back him up. The most we've ever seen Iroh do is the Dragon of the West move, and Ozai has shown much more promising moves.

CrimsonCy

[35]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 7

isabelwhatx wrote:
    From those choices... Ozai, dur. Iroh may be a good firebender, but Ozai has incredible power to back him up. The most we've ever seen Iroh do is the Dragon of the West move, and Ozai has shown much more promising moves.

Ozai is also far sexier than Iroh... by default that makes him wayy better. Although, it'd be better if he had Kataras body...

Edited on 06/11/2009 3:38pm

Sektos

[36]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    Ozai is younger than Iroh, so its very possible that it would give him the edge to beat Iroh, even if Iroh was older. HOWEVER Iroh did massively beef up in S3

Its very likely that Iroh could beat Ozai, whether he had equal, greater or less FB power. He, like Zuko, learnt true source of Firebending so isn't ruled by his emotions, has years more experience that Ozai in the battlefield, AND IMPORTANTLY can redirect lightning. Ozai would have been Dead or seriously injured on two occasions where Zuko and Aang had opportunity to redirct lightning at Ozai but choose not to,

MarryLarry

[37]Jun 13, 2009

Ozai was already hit with lightning when Zuko shot it at him. Granted it wasn't a direct hit, but it landed right at his feet which is close enough to send most people to the morgue. He was close enough to get most of the juice yet he still got right back on his feet. Whereas Iroh gets hit by a relatively small blast of fire by Azula and almost goes down for the count.

In terms of endurance I say Ozai has Iroh beat.

Sektos

[38]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 10
    MarryLarry wrote:

Ozai was already hit with lightning when Zuko shot it at him. Granted it wasn't a direct hit, but it landed right at his feet which is close enough to send most people to the morgue. He was close enough to get most of the juice yet he still got right back on his feet. Whereas Iroh gets hit by a relatively small blast of fire by Azula and almost goes down for the count.

they never show Ozai getting hit by lightning. The lightning bolt hits the ground in front of him and blaws him back into the wall. As for Iroh, he was hit by azula's blue fire, not lightning

MarryLarry

[39]Jun 14, 2009
    Sektos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

they never show Ozai getting hit by lightning. The lightning bolt hits the ground in front of him and blaws him back into the wall. As for Iroh, he was hit by azula's blue fire, not lightning

...?

I think you should reread my post.

Jackson5050

[40]Jun 15, 2009
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Jackson! I knew I recognized the ridiculous vocabulary
    Well, a ridiculous vocabulary is my specialty.