We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The Official Book 3: Fire Discussion Thread

BradyTheRandom

[21]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 5

edmasterchaos wrote:
    ross93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Season 3, by far, had the most drama. It's going to be favoured by most because it's the end of the series and, obviously, incredibly epic But sometimes it just lost it for me *shrugs*
    it is epic but episodes 1-5 were a waste of time they could have done somehtign better
    And they could've done way better in The FireBending Masters.

Aztecs with firebending that is never mentioned again, dragons that don't anything and pretty much saying 'Oh yeah, the FN was evil from the start, yup, they killed these awesome guys, even Roku knows lame-rage-bending rather than True Rainbow Bending'
    :/

The rage bending only started when the war did, because apparently that's when they became evil. Or something, it was a bit confusing. Still though, nice to see a dragon that's not a flashback, illusion, or spirit. Real dragons FTW.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[22]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 41
    BradyTheRandom wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    ross93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Season 3, by far, had the most drama. It's going to be favoured by most because it's the end of the series and, obviously, incredibly epic But sometimes it just lost it for me *shrugs*
    it is epic but episodes 1-5 were a waste of time they could have done somehtign better

Aztecs with firebending that is never mentioned again, dragons that don't anything and pretty much saying 'Oh yeah, the FN was evil from the start, yup, they killed these awesome guys, even Roku knows lame-rage-bending rather than True Rainbow Bending'

The rage bending only started when the war did, because apparently that's when they became evil. Or something, it was a bit confusing. Still though, nice to see a dragon that's not a flashback, illusion, or spirit. Real dragons FTW.

They said something about the FN taking their bending then twisting it with rage or something and that it happened by the time everyone thought they died, which Zuko mentioned was over 10,000 years ago. (may have the year wrong, but it was way before Aang or Roku)

gilvatar

[23]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 17
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    BradyTheRandom wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    ross93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

They said something about the FN taking their bending then twisting it with rage or something and that it happened by the time everyone thought they died, which Zuko mentioned was over 10,000 years ago. (may have the year wrong, but it was way before Aang or Roku)
    didn't he say they dragons started getting hunted when Sozin started it. And AAng said there were plenty of dragons when he was a kid (remeber, he's 112). I think u have your facts wrong.

edmasterchaos

[24]Apr 9, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    BradyTheRandom wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    ross93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

didn't he say they dragons started getting hunted when Sozin started it. And AAng said there were plenty of dragons when he was a kid (remeber, he's 112). I think u have your facts wrong.
    No, i was talking about the Sun Warriors, not the dragons ^^;;

MarryLarry

[25]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 11

The show never fully indulged us when exactly they went from the right way to the wrong way. Just because the Sun Warriors vanished from society at large doesn't mean the Fire Nation went straight to the darkside after their disappearance.

edmasterchaos

[26]Apr 9, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:

The show never fully indulged us when exactly they went from the right way to the wrong way. Just because the Sun Warriors vanished from society at large doesn't mean the Fire Nation went straight to the darkside after their disappearance.

That is true, however, the fact that they stated that the FN took their firebending and 'twisted it' with emotions before they ultimately vanished does seem quite dark and evil.
    Though, it's more likely that they did it to ease the control and feel a connection to the fire, and those Aztecs guys just exagerated a bit.

MarryLarry

[27]Apr 9, 2009

I'm guessing the Sun Warrior's whole philosophy was based on having balanced emotions, which control willpower, which determines the intensity of the bender's flames. After their disappearance (reason for which was never disclosed), I think people just stopped adhering to the strict code laid out by the Sun Warriors but still tried having balance in their lives. Kind of like going from a 10th century Buddhist Monk living in a monastery of strict discipline to a modern-day yoga instructor who follows the same code, albeit more loosely.

As time went on and war loomed over the horizon, this lighthearted adherence decayed even further. And since firebending's strength is linked to their will which is linked to their emotions, the firebender's mistakenly believed rage to be the most powerful emotion to manipulate their element. After all, can you think of a better motivator than anger?

That's just my guess.

joshwim8

[28]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 10
    MarryLarry wrote:

I'm guessing the Sun Warrior's whole philosophy was based on having balanced emotions, which control willpower, which determines the intensity of the bender's flames. After their disappearance (reason for which was never disclosed), I think people just stopped adhering to the strict code laid out by the Sun Warriors but still tried having balance in their lives. Kind of like going from a 10th century Buddhist Monk living in a monastery of strict discipline to a modern-day yoga instructor who follows the same code, albeit more loosely.

As time went on and war loomed over the horizon, this lighthearted adherence decayed even further. And since firebending's strength is linked to their will which is linked to their emotions, the firebender's mistakenly believed rage to be the most powerful emotion to manipulate their element. After all, can you think of a better motivator than anger?

That's just my guess.

why in the world are you people sitting here having a debate over firebending?????

and for it to last over two pages?it makes no sence.

edmasterchaos

[29]Apr 10, 2009
    joshwim8 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

That's just my guess.

why in the world are you people sitting here having a debate over firebending????? and for it to last over two pages?it makes no sence.
    For me, it's to discuss wether or not The FireBending Masters had continuity, if my facts are right (gotta watch the episode again to be sure) then, this episode messes up some of the story, along with not contribuiting with anything other than Aang learning firebending, in a way that seems to be too exagerated for no reason.

MarryLarry

[30]Apr 10, 2009

joshwim8 wrote:
    why in the world are you people sitting here having a debate over firebending????? and for it to last over two pages?it makes no sence.

discussion =/= debate

If it was a debate there'd be more capslock and incoherent walls of text.

joshwim8

[31]Apr 11, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:

joshwim8 wrote:

discussion =/= debate

listen....i didn`t mean to be such a jerk and im sorry

gilvatar

[32]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 17
    joshwim8 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

joshwim8 wrote:

discussion =/= debate

that's ok but you don't know how long it's been since there was intelligent discussion. I mean this is the first one based on facts in months.

boomeraangsquad

[33]Apr 12, 2009
    My opinion on Season 3? Well, it was certainly a great season and a good way to end everything. Sozin's Comet and The Day Of Black Sun were absolutely epic.

My only complaint is filler episodes the first half that could've tied up some loose ends that were never shown at the end of the show (Ursa, Iroh being able to see spirits, etc...). Episodes like The Painted Lady, The Beach, The Runaway, and Nightmares And Daydreams we could've done without. Nothing wrong with filler episodes, but when they interfere with the series not being closed fully, it is a bit disappointing.

But other than that, amazing season. 2nd half is what makes the season truly great, IMO. Better than Season 1 but not quite as good as Season 2.

joshwim8

[34]Apr 12, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    joshwim8 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

joshwim8 wrote:

discussion =/= debate

that's ok but you don't know how long it's been since there was intelligent discussion. I mean this is the first one based on facts in months.

im new here and i was rather crampy that day

MarryLarry

[35]Apr 15, 2009
    joshwim8 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    joshwim8 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

joshwim8 wrote:

discussion =/= debate

I here brownies help with that.

joshwim8

[36]Apr 15, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:
    joshwim8 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    joshwim8 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

joshwim8 wrote:

discussion =/= debate

I here brownies help with that.

thanks,i guess!!!!!!!!!

Jackson5050

[37]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    There are, needless to say, a myriad of good episodes in Book Three. Personally, I have gradually come to the decision that "The Avatar and the Fire Lord" is the best episode of Book Three...sans the four finale episodes.

joshwim8

[38]Apr 17, 2009
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    There are, needless to say, a myriad of good episodes in Book Three. Personally, I have gradually come to the decision that "The Avatar and the Fire Lord" is the best episode of Book Three...sans the four finale episodes.

the avatar and the firelord..............................really

boomeraangsquad

[40]Apr 26, 2009
    @joshwim8: What exactly is wrong with TAATFL?