We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The Official Book 3: Fire Discussion Thread

Water78

[61]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 47
    AllieAllie wrote:
    It does I didn't even realize how long it had been.

I feel old.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bobuski

[62]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 1
    hmmm, book three. Absolutely amazing. tho i wanted zutara -_- (please dont start a shipping war.)

MajLorne

[63]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    Water78 wrote:

Iroh: Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see it as more senseless violence, a brother killing a brother to grab power. The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord.

Isnt that kinda what Zuko did to Azula. But instead a brother grabbing power from a sister

That is true, but Azula was more a steward and fire lord in place of her father, who wanted to rule the entire world. Plus Katara in the end defeated Azula. Though it seemed Zuko had things under control and didn't need Katara there in the first place. I guess they wanted Katara to beat Azula since Zuko interfered in her fight at Ba Sing Se.

MajLorne

[64]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    XanderKage wrote:

Awesome show. Just finished watching the last episode (DVD). The ending was really good. I'm glad, because lots of shows screw up the ending... Anyways, the show was excelent, the best thing that ever happened to Nickelodeon.

PS - Is anyone else sad Sokka lost his sword?

Yes, it was such a shame he lost the sword. I just hope they find another commet to make a sword out of or maybe years later find that sword :p

whiteforest

[65]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 17
    MajLorne wrote:
    XanderKage wrote:

Awesome show. Just finished watching the last episode (DVD). The ending was really good. I'm glad, because lots of shows screw up the ending... Anyways, the show was excelent, the best thing that ever happened to Nickelodeon.

Yes, it was such a shame he lost the sword. I just hope they find another commet to make a sword out of or maybe years later find that sword :p

And his boomerang for that matter. Even if his boomerang didn't come back, he can always go back for his boomerang. :]
    Edited on 12/14/2009 12:15am

CoconutHead2012

[66]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    bobuski wrote:
    hmmm, book three. Absolutely amazing. tho i wanted zutara -_- (please dont start a shipping war.)
    I totally agree with you...i thought there was hope when zuko saved katara during his angika with azula...dammit!

CoconutHead2012

[67]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    whiteforest wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:
    XanderKage wrote:

And his boomerang for that matter. Even if his boomerang didn't come back, he can always go back for his boomerang. :]
    The boomerang will come back, it knows its mission!!... although losing the space sword was as bad as well...sucks to be sokka

elementavatar14

[68]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 8

idk if it was the excruciating wait or not, but after the final like 6 episodes of season 2, i thought the first like 6 episodes of season 3 were terrible. and i no i shouldnt b comparing ending episodes with beginning episodes, but i needed more season 2 action!

JandSman

[69]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    Season 3 was my favorite here is my ranking of the season.

Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 2

edmasterchaos

[70]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 41
    elementavatar14 wrote:

idk if it was the excruciating wait or not, but after the final like 6 episodes of season 2, i thought the first like 6 episodes of season 3 were terrible. and i no i shouldnt b comparing ending episodes with beginning episodes, but i needed more season 2 action!

Agreed, though i didn't find them terrible i did find the first few episodes of season 3 to be bland in comparison.

Nickylucas

[71]May 29, 2011
    • level: 23

JandSman wrote:
    Season 3 was my favorite here is my ranking of the season. Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 2

Warning, the following post contains spoilers for the show:

My favorite is actually Season 2. It had an amazing second half IMO. Maybe a few fillers in the first half but they built their storylines up incredably. Zuko being alone, Toph's addition to the team, Azula chasing them around the Earth Kingdom, and utimately Appa getting kidnapped leading them to Ba Sing Se. And you can't forget the amazing twist in the finale, can you? But ultimately it's may favorite because of the character development. Every character went through a journey in this season and came out a new man/woman. Especially Zuko. Best season in my book.

Season 3 is a close second. The first half was OK. Mainly filled with fillers, but although fillers they were still amazing episodes. The second half was amazing, drawing a conclusion to pretty much every loose end in the show. We saw the return of many characters from Season 1 and 2, we found out which side Zuko was really on, and the finale was just one word: awesome. Rarely do amazing shows end on such a high note, and the creators are smart for not continuing to milk it.

Season1 had an epic finale, and that's all it's really good for besides introducing us to the concepts and characters. We saw first hand many times what influence the fire nation had on the world in the examples of the Southern Water Tribes and Air Temples, as well as the Northern Air Temple. But basicly this was the introductory season and it built a lot towards it's epic finale.

Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1

Rd_Dude

[72]May 29, 2011
    • level: 4

Nickylucas wrote:

JandSman wrote:
    Season 3 was my favorite here is my ranking of the season. Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 2

Warning, the following post contains spoilers for the show:

My favorite is actually Season 2. It had an amazing second half IMO. Maybe a few fillers in the first half but they built their storylines up incredably. Zuko being alone, Toph's addition to the team, Azula chasing them around the Earth Kingdom, and utimately Appa getting kidnapped leading them to Ba Sing Se. And you can't forget the amazing twist in the finale, can you? But ultimately it's may favorite because of the character development. Every character went through a journey in this season and came out a new man/woman. Especially Zuko. Best season in my book.

Season 3 is a close second. The first half was OK. Mainly filled with fillers, but although fillers they were still amazing episodes. The second half was amazing, drawing a conclusion to pretty much every loose end in the show. We saw the return of many characters from Season 1 and 2, we found out which side Zuko was really on, and the finale was just one word: awesome. Rarely do amazing shows end on such a high note, and the creators are smart for not continuing to milk it.

Season1 had an epic finale, and that's all it's really good for besides introducing us to the concepts and characters. We saw first hand many times what influence the fire nation had on the world in the examples of the Southern Water Tribes and Air Temples, as well as the Northern Air Temple. But basicly this was the introductory season and it built a lot towards it's epic finale.

Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1

yes also some spoilers in this comment:

Yeah I know what you mean with season 2. I think the Ba Sing Se storyline is the best part of the show and the season finale was so good (mainly because you didn't expect its ending at all). And offcourse the character development is at its best (Zuko in particular).

Season 1 comes after that. I think it is really underrated, season 1 had some really awesome episodes (the storm, blue spirit, the siege of the north!!) and although it had some 'fillers' I think in general it's a little bit better than season 3.

Season 3 was my least favorite season. Now I think all the seasons are all very good. It's just when I think about it I liked season 2 and season 1 just a tiny bit more than season 3. There were just some episodes in season 3 I didn't like as much. And yes, most of those episodes are in the first half of the season (although the other half of the season was fantastic!). I think it's because of me though... I had some ridiculously high expectations for season 3 after the season 2 finale and although in general those episodes weren't bad at all, my expectations were just too high...

Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 3

killerband55

[73]Sep 16, 2011
    • level: 5

i'm starting to watch this show again on Nicktoons, and i personally love Book 3: Fire a lot, loved when Zuko joined the Avatar group, as well as Suki (even if it was such a short time), and loved the episode where Aang didn't get much sleep and had daydreams and nightmares such as him confessing his love to Katara (even though that was one wicked daydream, and called her his "forever girl", lol)

eneterprise

[74]Oct 10, 2013
    • level: 12

cant believe how dead this area is now...

Yellow-Eyed-Demon

[75]Jul 30, 2014
    • level: 1

I know this whole thread is essentially dead, but I'd still like to give my opinion. I really liked season 3, but I think it was the weakest season definitely. It was too full of filler episodes which they could've used for some much more interesting plot points such as Ursa's whereabouts, Koh's return, Iroh and Ozai's past, who's Kuzon, and more of the war's history. Interesting characters such as Toph, Mai, and Ty Lee were also largely sidelines and ignored. I really enjoyed the finale and the Day of Black Sun, and most of the other episodes as well as Sokka and Zuko's character growth. I was also happy to see Suki return and join the group permanently.

I think my biggest problem was how they made Fire Lord Sozin the same age as Avatar Roku and having both be Zuko's great-grandfather. Yeah it was a good idea in theory, but it seemed a little sudden. Plus I really can't see Sozin waiting until he's 82 to have his son (according to the creators Azulon was born the same year the war began), I just don't buy any possible explanation I've heard people give, plus it implies that both Roku and his child had to have given birth at 70 at least which seems too unlikely. It also retcons earlier episodes where they seem to imply that Sozin was a younger man when he started the war and personally fought in some battles.

Lastly I feel like season 3 had a lot of buildups that lead to nothing. For example, after DoBS, The Duke, Teo, and Haru joined the group, but they literally did nothing afterward and promptly left a few episodes later with Hakoda and Chit Sang. Also, what was the point of having Hakoda and Chit Sang leave the Boiling Rock if they were just going to have them leave in the next episode? That makes very little sense. Finally, Aang's decision to not kill Fire Lord Ozai just seemed so last minute, no buildup. He seemed perfectly alright with killing the buzzard wasp in the past, and knocking the Fire Nation soldiers off the montain in the Northern Air Temple, plus he vocally seemed all for killing Ozai in DoBS until Sokka insisted on retreating. I don't have a problem with the fact that he didn't kill Ozai, I just wish they had given it more of a buildup.

Season 3 was by no means a bad season, I just think they could've been done a bit better. Personally my favorite has always been season 2.