We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The Official Book 3: Fire Discussion Thread

MajLorne

[41]May 4, 2009
    • level: 21

I'm new here and from watching the reruns on NickToons, I must say I'm an adict of this show. It's got lots of great action mixed with humor. And episodes like Sokka's Master, Southern Raiders, and Sozin's comet pts 3 and 4 were among my favs in book 3.

As far as the episode: Ember Island Players, I thought it was a good episode being that it recapped a lot of the previous seasons [which I haven't watched till just recently] and got me caught up the the finale and really allowed me to make sense of the entire show up to that point.

The first episodes I saw were the Boiling Rock. So yeah i started watching the show real late. Shame the show is finished. I mean there's not much more to add now that the world is at peace now, but I guess I just wished they could have some more stuff like a movie or whatever.

Edited on 05/04/2009 10:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Malice99

[42]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    This book was....okay, but in my opinion this book isn't as good as book 1 and definitely not as good as 2. "Sokka's Master" and "The Beach" were great and some where good. But, the rest was just...meh. The finale was good, but it left soon loose ends(which I hope will be tied up by some specials or a new spin-off).

Water78

[43]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 47

Iroh: Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see it as more senseless violence, a brother killing a brother to grab power. The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord.

Isnt that kinda what Zuko did to Azula. But instead a brother grabbing power from a sister

piccolo1104

[44]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    I just had a question about the last episode. When Azula is starting to attack Katara, she says something about looking after Zuuzuu, but I could never hear the whole quote. Anyone know what she said?

Full-of-Fire

[45]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 2
    @Water78: True. But Iroh couldn't be the one to take down the Firelord. It was the Avatar's duty to.

And no one technically had the destiny to defeat Azula, she just needed to be stopped. :shrug Besides, Zuko's been wanting to get back at Azula for a long time now.

@piccolo1104: Azula: "I????????d really rather our family physician look after little Zuzu if you don????????t mind."

Water78

[46]Jul 28, 2009
    Full-of-Fire wrote:
    @Water78: True. But Iroh couldn't be the one to take down the Firelord. It was the Avatar's duty to.

And no one technically had the destiny to defeat Azula, she just needed to be stopped. :shrug Besides, Zuko's been wanting to get back at Azula for a long time now.

@piccolo1104: Azula: "I????????d really rather our family physician look after little Zuzu if you don????????t mind."

oh thanks for the help

srebak

[47]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 18
    In "Southern Raiders" Katara said "I should've known you wouldn't understand", when referring to the man who killed her mother, but Aang says that he did by pointing out how he felt when Appa was stolen and when he saw what the Fire Nation did to his culture. Why in the world would Katara of all people need to be reminded of how much Aang would understand that kind of pain? His entire civilization was nearly wiped out and she doesn't think he'd understand her losing her mother?

edmasterchaos

[48]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 41
    srebak wrote:
    In "Southern Raiders" Katara said "I should've known you wouldn't understand", when referring to the man who killed her mother, but Aang says that he did by pointing out how he felt when Appa was stolen and when he saw what the Fire Nation did to his culture. Why in the world would Katara of all people need to be reminded of how much Aang would understand that kind of pain? His entire civilization was nearly wiped out and she doesn't think he'd understand her losing her mother?
    Cuz, when she is in fury she has nearly no logic thinking, she felt pain, great pain, and so she thought she had a right, not thinking clearly, and since Aang didn't truly have parents to raise him she thought that his pain was not the same.

I think.

AllieAllie

[49]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 22
    I think you're right-she usually isn't as sensible as usual when she's angry.

gilvatar

[50]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 17
    Full-of-Fire wrote:

And since Zuko trained the avatar and continues to work with the avatar then I guess that makes it ok

Water78

[51]Aug 15, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    Full-of-Fire wrote:

And since Zuko trained the avatar and continues to work with the avatar then I guess that makes it ok

And they still find time to have tea

XanderKage

[52]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 4

Awesome show. Just finished watching the last episode (DVD). The ending was really good. I'm glad, because lots of shows screw up the ending... Anyways, the show was excelent, the best thing that ever happened to Nickelodeon.

PS - Is anyone else sad Sokka lost his sword?

Water78

[53]Sep 9, 2009

Since they showed the western air temple in this season

which of the 4 air temples did u like best?

Jackson5050

[54]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 12
    Water78 wrote:

Since they showed the western air temple in this season

which of the 4 air temples did u like best?

Personally, I thought the Eastern Temple was the most beautiful.

legersem

[55]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 20
    Hey all, I know this has probably been asked, like, a bazillion times and you might get tired of people asking it, but: what is the "secret message" revealed when Aang pulls the water away from the land after defeating the Fire Lord and dousing the fires in Sozin's Comet (4): Avatar Aang? I've looked at that part a ton of times and I've even paused it practically frame by frame to find it, but I just can't seem to find it. Can someone tell me what it is? Like, specifically what it says? Much appreciated!

Water78

[56]Sep 20, 2009
    legersem wrote:
    Hey all, I know this has probably been asked, like, a bazillion times and you might get tired of people asking it, but: what is the "secret message" revealed when Aang pulls the water away from the land after defeating the Fire Lord and dousing the fires in Sozin's Comet (4): Avatar Aang? I've looked at that part a ton of times and I've even paused it practically frame by frame to find it, but I just can't seem to find it. Can someone tell me what it is? Like, specifically what it says? Much appreciated!

I dont remember hearing of any secret message there

AllieAllie

[57]Sep 20, 2009

Water78 wrote:
    legersem wrote:

I did hear of that, but I think it was just a rumor and wasn't really true.

legersem

[58]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    AllieAllie wrote:

Water78 wrote:
    legersem wrote:

I did hear of that, but I think it was just a rumor and wasn't really true.

No, it must actually be there. I think I heard it from several websites, including this one which states "When Aang uses waterbending to wash the fire burning the land, there is a cryptic message when the ground begins to show" which makes me think it has to be there and I've been overlooking it.

ranger8060

[59]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    two year anniversary guys. wow. i remember waiting nine months for season three to start and now we're waiting about nine more months for the first live action movie. time really does fly.

AllieAllie

[60]Sep 22, 2009
    It does I didn't even realize how long it had been.