We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The Official Avatar Escape From the Spirit World Game Topic (Codes Included!)

obsessedchic1

[81]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    I already saw Kuruk's comic on livevideo.com. Also, they changed the passwords because Nick caught on to what we were doing. If we keep guessing and download the comics, they will lose viewers for the next 2 weeks, Saturday that is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kataang4eva081

[82]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    UGamer08 wrote:

My take so far:

Roku- alright at best. Think the thing that really messed it up was ???Fang???. Seriously, are you effin me with that?

Kyoshi- a bit better and it did provide intriguing backstory. Unfortunately unlike the other two, we didn???t delved that much into her overall personality. And she just happened to live to 230, and just happened to be the one who engendered that Dai Li. It was kinda one of the times where the creators try a bit too hard to connect everything together.

Kuruk- Now this one I really enjoyed, quite interesting considering how little focus we???ve had on him in the past. It kinda reminded me of a later season 1 episode, with pacing and story that flowed a bit better (even in such a limited time period), quality characterizations (Kuruk was definitely and thankfully not what I expected), and an almost perfect balance between comedic and dramatic elements. I don???t like quoting lines, but that agni kai bit was too much. Huh, emoticon. I hope the next one???s just like it, though that kindof thinking process is usually the comeuppance of these things. Eh, well whatever.

Yea, that was basically my take on it too.

Roku- When Aang said "Fang", I was like, are you kidding me? That is the most uncreative name I have ever heard for a dragon. And since when did Aang learn his name anyways? Anywho, the story was ok, it showed a different side of Roku.

Kyoshi- This one I actually liked. Better than Roku's. It made Long Feng not look so high and mighty since he didn't think up the Dai Li. I think they were kinda stretching it with the 230 years though. I also wish we could have seen more of her actual life and/or personality more. But her story was pretty interesting, and I liked how she was all like, "How dare you not listen to me!"

Kuruk- I think I liked his the best. It definatley showed a different type of Avatar. Not all goody-goody. And it was nice to see an past Avatar actually in love. His story was pretty sad though. Nice, but sad. I hope they bring this guy back up in the actual series. So far, I think his was the best. Not really any complaints here.

obsessedchic1

[83]Feb 10, 2007
    I loved the Kuruk comic and it reminds me of Sokka and Yue for some reason. Its so funny how he challenged the Fire Nation civilian...I'm just going into the store.

bdllbo

[84]Feb 10, 2007
    I can sort of see Aang loving Katara from afar, or maybe even having a "lifelong companion" and not formally get married. Especially after seeing what happens to Kuruk. Having a ceremony would just invite all kinds of spirits to show up at the wedding!

Or maybe Aang will learn to confront and defeat Koh once and for all, setting all the faces free. There are tons of lessons that Aang can take from this experience... plus it's great to see some history of the Avatars to get us by until Season 3!!

Earthbender567

[86]Feb 10, 2007
    ??out of curiosity wat was the code that got us the kuruk comic? the one that we see. n e 1 no?
    Edited on 02/10/2007 2:54pm

MZQ12

[87]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 9

i saw the kuruk comic and i was like hmmmm does anyone else think he looked a lot like Hokoda

Edited on 02/10/2007 4:50pm

andrep007

[88]Feb 10, 2007

yeah he really looked a lot like Hakoda

And I also agree that kuruk comic is the best of the other 3

xlAVA_TARlx

[89]Feb 10, 2007
    I disliked Kuruk's the most. It was way too cliche, Avatar or not. "I will not stop to find Ummi." Blah, blah. I've heard it all before. Roku- His way good. It showed that all Avatar's need to take time to learn things. I really enjoyed seeing the other half of Roku.

Kyoshi- My favorite. I really liked how we learned that she is the oldest Avatar and why she created the Dai Li. I think it was the most interesting.

Now don't bite me if you disagree with me, it's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

kataang4eva081

[90]Feb 10, 2007
    It seems that the Avatars are all giving Aang "advice" on some problems he's already had. Roku told him to be patient with his Avatar training, in "The Avatar State", he was all like "ZOMG, I need to get into the Avatar State!", and of course his whole love problem with his Avatar State in the season finale. Kyoshi told him about balance and how everything had a consequence, but it could be good or bad. His whole job is balance, and he faces descisions all the time, for example, like wether to stay with the Guru and master his Avatar State or go and help Katara. And now Kuruk told him about how being all show-offy and boastful was bad. Like when Aang thought he could firebend well, but ended up burning Katara, or when he showed off for all thos girls in Kyoshi, and Zuko ended up finding him from all the talk about him. And of course the whole being in love when you're the Avatar can be dangerous. What will he learn from the airbender (Yangchen?), what other problems does Aang have?

UGamer08

[91]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 23

xlAVA_TARlx wrote:
    I disliked Kuruk's the most. It was way too cliche, Avatar or not. "I will not stop to find Ummi." Blah, blah. I've heard it all before. Roku- His way good. It showed that all Avatar's need to take time to learn things. I really enjoyed seeing the other half of Roku. Kyoshi- My favorite. I really liked how we learned that she is the oldest Avatar and why she created the Dai Li. I think it was the most interesting. Now don't bite me if you disagree with me, it's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Ouch. Yeah but no, I felt the line he delivered at the ending coulda been better. I liked the look on his face though, angry. Anywho, I forgot to mention how I enjoyed seeing another side of Roku, ya'know aside??from??the non-wise and all knowing can't do no wrong mentor thingie. And lets face it, everything's as good as the show is,??like everything in the??world, everything??kinda been done at least 14 times prior, (book of ecclesiastics) but eh as long as they make an effort for it to be entertaining. No need to get all liberal though. emoticon. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

PeterSimonis

[92]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 11

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a problem over here. Living in Holland, I can't get access to Turbo Nick so I won't be able to find the new code. "kuruk" doesn't work anymore, so I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me the new password, as there is no way for me to find out...

PinkTyLee

[93]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    Okay did anyone find the "angry peasant" title hillarious? I laughed my head off at that. Maybe I shouldn't have...

xXDeadboyXx

[96]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    obsessedchic1 wrote:
    I already saw Kuruk's comic on livevideo.com. Also, they changed the passwords because Nick caught on to what we were doing. If we keep guessing and download the comics, they will lose viewers for the next 2 weeks, Saturday that is.

oh thts why thank u, so what are they then?

xXDeadboyXx

[97]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    I saw the first 3 chapters, where can I find the fourth? I checked youtube and livevideo and i dont wanna wait 2 weeks any1 hav any ideas?

kataang4eva081

[98]Feb 11, 2007

xXDeadboyXx wrote:
    I saw the first 3 chapters, where can I find the fourth? I checked youtube and livevideo and i dont wanna wait 2 weeks any1 hav any ideas?

You're screwed like the rest of us. I hate this waiting game myself. First we had to wait for the DVD, then the Game to actually start, now we have to wait a week for each comic, and we have always been waiting for season three, or at least a date or a trailer or something. Nick needs to throw us a bone already. I'm one step away from insanity...

dumb_person1

[99]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 41
    what's this about?

Hiphop03

[100]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 24
    I just watched kuruk,,lol i cant believe koh took his wife's face!! anyway does anyone know where yangchens comic video is,,,i tried looking it up but couldnt find it!
    Edited on 02/11/2007 5:53pm