We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The New Official Kataang/Zutara Battlefield

Best Ship

SgtHydra

[261]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    Lisa31468 wrote:

LOL Uchiha.

Exactly...

Kind of like wow we just made love...

"Meh."

The irony is with Zuko's hot, fiery temper it would only make sense that he would be far more 'enthusiastic.'

Yeah.

Mike and Bryan was trying to create a yin-yang ship, but it didn't work out.

If Mai was more... well... actually... its just her hair... srsly. If she just let it down... she might be hot.

But let's not even get into her personality... its none existant...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lisa31468

[262]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 17

LOL Nice.

Let us all sing the Zuko's Anthem...(to the tune of the Fire Nation National Anthem)

"....My 'flame' burns for thee..."

Uchiha0000

[263]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 4

Speaking of letting hair down, Azula was scarily good looking when she let hers down. I was like "Who is that...?" then she opened her mouth and I was like...

SgtHydra

[264]Mar 28, 2008
    Uchiha0000 wrote:

Speaking of letting hair down, Azula was scarily good looking when she let hers down. I was like "Who is that...?" then she opened her mouth and I was like...

Azula is hot enough for any ship.

I ship Azu-anything. Azutara, Azuoph, Azulee, Zucest, Azuroh... etc.

Azula is my forever girl.

Lisa31468

[265]Mar 28, 2008
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

LOL Uchiha.

Exactly...

"Meh."

The irony is with Zuko's hot, fiery temper it would only make sense that he would be far more 'enthusiastic.'

Yeah.

If Mai was more... well... actually... its just her hair... srsly. If she just let it down... she might be hot.

Agreed.

To me:

Zuko and Ty Lee--Not enough depth and substance to be believable.

Zuko and Mai--Too much emo, not enough balance.

As to the Kataang and Zutara debate:

While I respect everyone's individual and rather passionate opinions on the matter...

My thoughts are if you ask me what ship will most likely end up as actual canon...it's Kataang. Because it's a Y7 show and it's puppy love.

If you ask me which ship would be more believable as 14 and 15 year-old girls tend to find bold and brazen older guys irresistable...I would have to say Zutara and it's mature love.

Kataang=Sweet, adorable, puppy love

Zutara=Passionate, realistic, mature love

Lisa31468

[266]Mar 28, 2008

It was kind of nice to see Azula let her hair down but what was up with that whole bedroom scene between Zuko and Azula?

Ick-factor-10.

Murellus

[267]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 9

Zutara would be full of abuse. Zuko and Mai are happy together. Leave it at that and here's a potato for you.

SgtHydra

[268]Mar 28, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

LOL Uchiha.

Exactly...

"Meh."

Yeah.

Agreed.

To me:

While I respect everyone's individual and rather passionate opinions on the matter...

My thoughts are if you ask me what ship will most likely end up as actual canon...it's Kataang. Because it's a Y7 show and it's puppy love.

If you ask me which ship would be more believable as 14 and 15 year-old girls tend to find bold and brazen older guys irresistable...I would have to say Zutara and it's mature love.

I see Zutara as just Teen love.

Adult fans do like to use that for mature fanfictions, which is okay (you grown ups are sick minded, ya know that, right?)

But I mean come on, for the moment, their just kids. Not puppy love, but not sweating "in the middle of the night" with each other love.

And yes, I do enjoy Billy Joel now and again.

DPluver2012

[269]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 11
    ok im done XD i see this wherever i freakin go .zutarians,no offense, but u think too much for this .every scene with katara and zuko in it does not make it a 'zutara gay moment' i dont want to come down on u guys hard about this but jeez....kataang is in ur face.plus the writers dont freakin think this hard about these'moments' u think of.wow.....they had no intentions of making zutara happen.in fact they didnt even hear about the pairing until book 2.they wouldnt just decide all of a sudden,"o were dropping katara and aang's relation ship becuz of this new zutara one we just heard about.no....aint gonna happen end of story.they wouldnt just throw out half of the kataang relationship buildup over for ZuTaRa .i wrote zutara weird becuz it is.i rest my case.and if u want to flame me go right ahead i could care less.its just a tv show and u dont know where i live so i think i'll live.and for those who do flame me,thats just stupid becuz im not flaming you im flaming the ship called zutara.and btw idk why were even fighting about this...its all of our opinions and its freedom of speech(doesnt every country have that?) so im sry if u think i offended u im just stating the facts im sry

Murellus

[270]Mar 28, 2008

Katokkaang?

Uchiha0000

[271]Mar 28, 2008

Sex.

Lisa31468

[272]Mar 28, 2008
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

LOL Uchiha.

Exactly...

"Meh."

Yeah.

Agreed.

To me:

Adult fans do like to use that for mature fanfictions, which is okay (you grown ups are sick minded, ya know that, right?)

But I mean come on, for the moment, their just kids. Not puppy love, but not sweating "in the middle of the night" with each other love.

LOL to the Billy Joel reference. Now you are speaking my language.

Yes I suppose adults are sick-minded in their need to push Zuko and Katara into having wild monkey love...this is reminscent of our debate over the nude Zutara pic way back in the day, remember?

Aang is on the quintessential 'hero's journey' and because of this the pure, innocent love between Katara and Aang will most likely prevail in my opinion. (only my opinion)

I'm not Mike and Bryan. I don't hold any secret information about the end of S3. I'm just guessing like everyone else.

But as an adult I can see the appeal of Zutara as well.

Lisa31468

[273]Mar 28, 2008

DPluver2012 wrote:
    ok im done XD i see this wherever i freakin go .zutarians,no offense, but u think too much for this .every scene with katara and zuko in it does not make it a 'zutara gay moment' i dont want to come down on u guys hard about this but jeez....kataang is in ur face.plus the writers dont freakin think this hard about these'moments' u think of.wow.....they had no intentions of making zutara happen.in fact they didnt even hear about the pairing until book 2.they wouldnt just decide all of a sudden,"o were dropping katara and aang's relation ship becuz of this new zutara one we just heard about.no....aint gonna happen end of story.they wouldnt just throw out half of the kataang relationship buildup over for ZuTaRa .i wrote zutara weird becuz it is.i rest my case.and if u want to flame me go right ahead i could care less.its just a tv show and u dont know where i live so i think i'll live.and for those who do flame me,thats just stupid becuz im not flaming you im flaming the ship called zutara.and btw idk why were even fighting about this...its all of our opinions and its freedom of speech(doesnt every country have that?) so im sry if u think i offended u im just stating the facts im sry

What the...? Dude, seriously, because a larger font emphasizes your point? Really?

Uchiha0000

[274]Mar 28, 2008
    Bold is cruise control for cool.

SgtHydra

[275]Mar 28, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

LOL Uchiha.

Exactly...

"Meh."

Yeah.

Agreed.

To me:

LOL to the Billy Joel reference. Now you are speaking my language.

Yes I suppose adults are sick-minded in their need to push Zuko and Katara into having wild monkey love...this is reminscent of our debate over the nude Zutara pic way back in the day, remember?

Aang is on the quintessential 'hero's journey' and because of this the pure, innocent love between Katara and Aang will most likely prevail in my opinion. (only my opinion)

I'm not Mike and Bryan. I don't hold any secret information about the end of S3. I'm just guessing like everyone else.

But as an adult I can see the appeal of Zutara as well.

Its obvious which ship will win out on the katara side of things.

For me, the real battles should be fought with the sokka ships. I'm torn on those. Am I a george shipper, a ty lokka shipper, a tokka shipper, or a Yuokka shipper? Too many to choose on that one... Sokka is a fine pimp. Probably got his skillz from Iroh.

But getting back to Zutara, I'd say overall it is the more mature ship. And by mature, I mean it's a sustainable relasionship. With aang's comings and goings, something is bound to happen... a mid-life crisis on Katara's part, perhaps?

Aang's the avatar. He's not the best husband. Zuko on the other hand will probably grow up quickly as the Fire Lord and won't be so... immature...

I see Aang having the same childish outlook for the rest of his life, and I hate that in people.

Why can't happy people learn to hate the world like everyone else?

SgtHydra

[276]Mar 28, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:

DPluver2012 wrote:

What the...? Dude, seriously, because a larger font emphasizes your point? Really?

I don't even bother reading all caps, coloured, or bolded. Too hard on me eyes.

Murellus

[277]Mar 28, 2008
    OMG A MONKEY RIDING A MOTORCYCLE
    Edited on 03/28/2008 12:38am

Uchiha0000

[278]Mar 28, 2008

The problem with the Sokka shipping is that he has no lengthy relation to anyone.

He's at Kyoshi island for a day and bam, him and Suki wanna get it on.

He's at the North Pole for like, a few days and bam, him and Yue want to get it on.

He's merely looked at by Ty Lee a few times and she wants to get it on with him.

He's with Toph the most, and now, even -she- wants to get it on with him.

I bet he'll end up with Suki, since it was his first thing.

SgtHydra

[279]Mar 28, 2008
    Uchiha0000 wrote:

The problem with the Sokka shipping is that he has no lengthy relation to anyone.

He's at Kyoshi island for a day and bam, him and Suki wanna get it on.

He's at the North Pole for like, a few days and bam, him and Yue want to get it on.

He's merely looked at by Ty Lee a few times and she wants to get it on with him.

He's with Toph the most, and now, even -she- wants to get it on with him.

I bet he'll end up with Suki, since it was his first thing.

But he won't end up a virgin, we can all agree on that.

Lisa31468

[280]Mar 28, 2008

Uchiha0000 wrote:
    Bold is cruise control for cool.

LOL Yeah exactly.