We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Sozin's Comet (Series Finale) Official Discussion Thread - (*Major Spoilers*)

Rate the finale! How was it?

Nameless0

[1]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 8

This topic will count down to the first episode in the "Avatar Final" week and then follow up with the next episode the next day and so on, until the four episode final saturday the 19th.

The next episode(s) is the Avatar: The Last Airbender Series Finale; a 2-hour long episode/movie.

It have four parts, which will air as follows:

Sozin's Comet Part 1: The Pheonix King, will air Saturday, July 19th, at 8:00 p.m.

Sozin's Comet Part 2: The Old Masters, will air Saturday, July 19th, at 8:30 p.m.

Sozin's Comet Part 3: Into The Inferno, will air Saturday, July 19th, at 9:00 p.m.

Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Aang, will air Saturday, July 19th, at 9:30 p.m.

START COUNTING!!!

EDIT2: Just converted the thread into a discussion thread.

EDIT:

I will recommend you to post the remaining time period in this thread so people who randomly passes through this forum/thread will eventually reach the popular "CAN'T WAIT!!one1!! XD" mood, we all know so well. Hopefully with their newly gained excitement they will follow your example and post a more updated time period. In the end this will create a extreme proportional increase of "can't wait"-ness that will level the Avatar Final with New Years Eve and make proud fans jump in the air in the moment of truth and/or alternatively make them pee their so called pants out of pure excitement!

Edited on 07/20/2008 3:05am
    Edited 54 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lisa31468

[2]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 17

I think this thread is a good idea however please brace yourself for the sad reality that Nickelodeon changes its schedule on a regular basis regarding Avatar so simply because Nick posted July 14th at one time on their website, and simply because ASN posted July 14th as the return airdate and the fact that there was an article about it returning July 14th recently at BuddyTV.com stating the same, the truth is anything can happen. And knowing Nick most likely it will! LOL

If you want a RELIABLE countdown to our collective freedom from Nickelodeon...count down to the finale DVD set for release July 29th.

dark_aquatus

[3]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    Lisa31468 wrote:

I think this thread is a good idea however please brace yourself for the sad reality that Nickelodeon changes its schedule on a regular basis regarding Avatar so simply because Nick posted July 14th at one time on their website, and simply because ASN posted July 14th as the return airdate and the fact that there was an article about it returning July 14th recently at BuddyTV.com stating the same, the truth is anything can happen. And knowing Nick most likely it will! LOL

If you want a RELIABLE countdown to our collective freedom from Nickelodeon...count down to the finale DVD set for release July 29th.

Nickelodeon has repeadedly stated that they WILL conclude the series at July 14th. They already changed this date a couple of times, but after their short announcement in which they've stated they really care about the Avatar fans and due to the release date of the finale DVD set, they can't afford it to change the finale date AGAIN. Ofcourse all we can do is wait and see, but please, have a little faith!

Edited on 06/13/2008 6:00pm

Nameless0

[4]Jun 13, 2008
    Thank you Lisa. I am aware of this! And as always Nick is letting us down once again by giving its viewers a false hope. But despite the fact they removed the airdate again from their website I still believe that this date is the most official tv release date there is. This thread is going for the closest airdate so even though it is still uncertain I will use this date for now and alter it if necessary. I hope that alright with all of you ^^

toosmooth

[5]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 15
    Uhm...ok? I think you shuld have waited until at least the end of june to make this but ok. 1 month?

superSokka

[6]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    My B-day is on July 29. I guess I know what I'm getting.
    Edited on 06/13/2008 6:26pm

xRamensx

[7]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11

Final Countdown , huh?

But I can't wait though! 8D

Spacerac

[8]Jun 13, 2008
    superSokka wrote:
    My B-day is on July 29. I guess I know what I'm getting.
    You lucky.. !

AllKnowingBeing

[9]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    Yeah waiting is fun.(continues waiting)

picaboomman

[10]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 18
    didnt i make a thread about this already? anyway....
    31 days left

Lisa31468

[11]Jun 13, 2008
    dark_aquatus wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

Nickelodeon has repeadedly stated that they WILL conclude the series at July 14th. They already changed this date a couple of times, but after their short announcement in which they've stated they really care about the Avatar fans and due to the release date of the finale DVD set, they can't afford it to change the finale date AGAIN. Ofcourse all we can do is wait and see, but please, have a little faith!

Faith? You mean in Nickelodeon?!? LOL

It is to laugh.

Man you are definitely not from around here.

1st Guess-ASN staff/mod

2nd Guess-ASN forum frequenter and do-gooder

3rd Guess-ASNer sent to 'elevate' and 'enlighten' the TV.com Avatar forum

Lisa31468

[12]Jun 13, 2008

Nameless0 wrote:
    Thank you Lisa. I am aware of this! And as always Nick is letting us down once again by giving its viewers a false hope. But despite the fact they removed the airdate again from their website I still believe that this date is the most official tv release date there is. This thread is going for the closest airdate so even though it is still uncertain I will use this date for now and alter it if necessary. I hope that alright with all of you ^^

It's o.k. by me. We're always ready to be wrong about what we *think* Nick will do. No worries. If they do indeed begin the S3 finale episodes on July 14th, yay us! If they begin them and renig and fail to finish airing the finale like they did with the "Woot! 10 Straight Weeks of Avatar!" drama, we will be fine with that too.

Either way we OWN the last freakin' DVD on July 29th and our backsides our free from Nickelodeon FOREVER.

EarthbendingRox

[13]Jun 13, 2008
    Wow lisa, I never thought of you as pesemistic. Or is it realism? I always confuse the two...

Nameless0

[14]Jun 13, 2008
    Lol, agreed its nice to have a NICK "deadline". I need to go for now its not getting late anymore here in europe its about to get early so farewell for now! 31 days left...

sayonara

Lisa31468

[15]Jun 13, 2008

EarthbendingRox wrote:
    Wow lisa, I never thought of you as pesemistic. Or is it realism? I always confuse the two...

I'll take 'realist' for $200 Alec.

Avatar is ending. There is no word of any hope of a spinoff series. That alone is enough to put the down in down-trodden. I love Mike and Bryan with the intensity of 1,000 hot burning suns, but despise Nickelodeon with an equal fervor.

My take on it is we are FREE July 29th. And that's all I see right now.

If Nick actually does the decent thing by Mike and Bryan and allows Avatar to end with a little dignity, great. But I'm prepared for Nick to be, well Nick.

The DVD is our ticket to salvation, one way or another. And all the episodes from it will be downloaded to the internet without a doubt that same day. So if Nick backs out, we've got each others' backs, just like we always have, just like we've always had to do in Avatar fandom.

dark_aquatus

[16]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    Lisa31468, although I don't think your last comment towards me was very polite, I'd like to tell you what I meant to say.
    I never said that I'm 100% sure they will start airing the last episodes at july 14th. I did however, say that the chances of Nickelodeon not airing these episodes at this date are very slim. We should presume that they will do what they've promised; we should have a little faith!

If it turns out they've decided NOT to air them, you'll have more than enough time to complain about it. Complaining now is useless...

[17]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 14

Well, it's time for this once again...

Everyone off to tickerfactory! Go, go, go!

cg_619

[18]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 24
    dark_aquatus wrote:
    Lisa31468, although I don't think your last comment towards me was very polite, I'd like to tell you what I meant to say.
    I never said that I'm 100% sure they will start airing the last episodes at july 14th. I did however, say that the chances of Nickelodeon not airing these episodes at this date are very slim. We should presume that they will do what they've promised; we should have a little faith!

If it turns out they've decided NOT to air them, you'll have more than enough time to complain about it. Complaining now is useless...

faith and nickelodeon don't go together bud

Lisa31468

[19]Jun 14, 2008

The Tickerfactory is good.

Spacerac

[20]Jun 14, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:

The Tickerfactory is good.

I can't figure out how to even get a ticker, much less one that doesn't look girly.