We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Sozin's Comet (Series Finale) Official Discussion Thread - (*Major Spoilers*)

Rate the finale! How was it?

Lisa31468

[21]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 17

dark_aquatus wrote:
    Lisa31468, although I don't think your last comment towards me was very polite, I'd like to tell you what I meant to say. I never said that I'm 100% sure they will start airing the last episodes at july 14th. I did however, say that the chances of Nickelodeon not airing these episodes at this date are very slim. We should presume that they will do what they've promised; we should have a little faith! If it turns out they've decided NOT to air them, you'll have more than enough time to complain about it. Complaining now is useless...

You mean like keeping their promise to air '10 Straight Weeks of Avatar' and stopping at week 9 without apology or explanation?

You mean like keeping their promise to air Avatar episodes they repeatedly posted on their website TV Schedule only to remove them the day before they are scheduled to air?

You mean like keeping their promise to return from hiatus in April 2008 to air WAT, FBM, BR:1 and BR:2 and instead they release them to DVD May 6th?

You mean like posting that 'Avatar Returns July 14th to Nickelodeon!' on their website and then removing it and now it is 30 days to the day that the finale episodes are supposedly to begin airing and yet we have NO official word from anywhere that they will even air on Nick at all?

DarkAqua there's a BIG difference between having hope and being just plain stupid.

We longer complain about Nick. We accept that Nick will ALWAYS think of Avatar and its fanbase LAST, if they think of us at all.

The reality is July 29th is the only date we can count on. If Nick decides on a whim at the last minute to air all the episodes that are yet unaired in the US, great.

But in the end it doesn't matter what they do anymore. Someone will buy the finale DVD and someone will post all the remaining episodes to the internet one way or another.

Your hope and faith in Nickelodeon is pointless as it unnecessary to look to Nick for anything anymore.

Many of us after we have the ending to Mike and Bryan's wonderous gift--Avatar, Aang's story, will then decide if we even want to be fans anymore. And trust me we have some time to mull it over as the live-action movie is not set for release until July 4, 2010.

And as per usual there is NO word from Nick about the rumored three one-hour animated Avatar movies or the alleged global gaming event either.

So we've got some time to decide if we ever want to have anything to do with Nickelodeon ever again.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vxiel

[22]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 6

*In Chris Crocker tone*: Leave Nickelodeon alone! All you do is bash nick and make fun of the network! You people are mean!!

sorry, just wanted to do that

Lisa31468

[23]Jun 14, 2008
    Vxiel wrote:

*In Chris Crocker tone*: Leave Nickelodeon alone! All you do is bash nick and make fun of the network! You people are mean!!

10/10 Nice.

xRamensx

[24]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    Vxiel wrote:

Nickelodeon loves their aunt! All you people do is take, take, take! *emowail*

Chris Crocker is an annoying she-male.

Anyway.. Yeah, totes excited!

Spacerac

[25]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 15
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    And as per usual there is NO word from Nick about the rumored three one-hour animated Avatar movies or the alleged global gaming event either.
    Maybe we're not getting those since that flier was outdated/bogus. Also, they never really promised to return in April, but they should have since the DVD came out on May 6th. Though then again, maybe that was there way of getting more people to get the Volume 3 DVD.

Lisa31468

[26]Jun 14, 2008

Spacerac wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    Maybe we're not getting those since that flier was outdated/bogus. Also, they never really promised to return in April, but they should have since the DVD came out on May 6th. Though then again, maybe that was there way of getting more people to get the Volume 3 DVD.

My point is that at one time that flyer was deemed 'accurate' because it was circulating as a promotional device to secure advertisers.

Did anyone in fandom get any clue or word that those things were even possible?

No. You have to be a potential advertiser to apparently get the inside track on what the heck is going on with Avatar.

There's no excuse for that.

We should be in on the loop not be left no alternative but to scour the internet for every grain of sand of information we can find and try to piece things together like a Scooby-Doo mystery.

EDIT: And yes it was promised in April 2008 Spacerac because that is what was said by Nick originally which is why every TV guide/Cable guide on the internet and in print said it returned in April and then Nick recanted on that too.

Edited on 06/14/2008 9:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

tomtitan

[27]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    xRamensx wrote:
    Vxiel wrote:

Who would win in a fight, Chris Crocker or Rick Astley?

Important questions...

Spacerac

[28]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 15
    Lisa31468 wrote:

Spacerac wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

My point is that at one time that flyer was deemed 'accurate' because it was circulating as a promotional device to secure advertisers.

Did anyone in fandom get any clue or word that those things were even possible?

No. You have to be a potential advertiser to apparently get the inside track on what the heck is going on with Avatar.

There's no excuse for that.

We should be in on the loop not be left no alternative but to scour the internet for every grain of sand of information we can find and try to piece things together like a Scooby-Doo mystery.

EDIT: And yes it was promised in April 2008 Spacerac because that is what was said by Nick originally which is why every TV guide/Cable guide on the internet and in print said it returned in April and then Nick recanted on that too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

KikitheFiend

[29]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 14
    Astley would roll all over Crocker.

xRamensx

[30]Jun 14, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    xRamensx wrote:
    Vxiel wrote:

Who would win in a fight, Chris Crocker or Rick Astley? Important questions...

Hm.. They're both internet annoyances..

I would say.. Chris Crocker. Because he/she can b**ch Rick Astley to death.

tomtitan

[31]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    xRamensx wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    xRamensx wrote:
    Vxiel wrote:

True, and she'll beg Rick to leave her alone.

[32]Jun 14, 2008

ONE MONTH GUYS!!!111one

(Although it is pretty sad...)

dark_aquatus

[33]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 5

ONE MONTH GUYS!!!111one

(Although it is pretty sad...)

I KNOW! I really can't wait, although I feel a bit sad that the show will end there and then
    Hmmm, I guess I should try not to think to much about that

KikitheFiend

[34]Jun 14, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    xRamensx wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    xRamensx wrote:
    Vxiel wrote:

True, and she'll beg Rick to leave her alone.
    But Rick is
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

So Chris could not escape...

Lisa31468

[35]Jun 14, 2008

Thanks Kiki, I'm gonna have that song in my head for the rest of the freakin' weekend. LOL

I would rather have 'Secret tunnel, through the mountain, secret, secret, secret, secret tunnnel. Yeah!'

xRamensx

[37]Jun 14, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:

Thanks Kiki, I'm gonna have that song in my head for the rest of the freakin' weekend. LOL

I would rather have 'Secret tunnel, through the mountain, secret, secret, secret, secret tunnnel. Yeah!'

What about?

Two lovers, from one another

A war divides their people

And a mountain divides them apart

Built a path to be together

Lisa31468

[38]Jun 14, 2008

Omg Ramens seriously. LOL

I just love that song! You know Dee Bradley Baker sang it live at one of the comic con's. I wasn't at that one but it must have been awesome!

xRamensx

[39]Jun 14, 2008

He did? Oh, I would have loved to be there.

But "Little Soldier Boy" continues to be my favorite. *sniff* In fact, any song sung by Mako/Iroh is awesome.

It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se

But the girls in the city look so pretty

And they kiss so sweet that you've really got to meet

The girls from Ba Sing Se!

Lol.. Iroh.. XD

dark_aquatus

[40]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 5
    xRamensx wrote:

He did? Oh, I would have loved to be there.

But "Little Soldier Boy" continues to be my favorite. *sniff* In fact, any song sung by Mako/Iroh is awesome.

It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se

But the girls in the city look so pretty

And they kiss so sweet that you've really got to meet

The girls from Ba Sing Se!

Lol.. Iroh.. XD

Aw, man! I love that song. Ofcourse, sang by anyone but Iroh would make it suck, but Iroh/Mako has a way of making any song nice/funny to hear!