We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Sand Benders!?!

The_Rebell

[1]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 1

Sand benders!?? How!?? When you thought there was only four element benders...?? Of course it could be a branch of Earth benders.?? What do you think of this new devlopment??? Agree...Disagree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Phantom_Gurl

[2]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 23
    I thinks its just a link of earthbending......and this topics gonna get locked, move this discussion to the Official Fury of Aang thread

antlive831

[3]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    The_Rebell wrote:

Sand benders!?? How!?? When you thought there was only four element benders...?? Of course it could be a branch of Earth benders.?? What do you think of this new devlopment??? Agree...Disagree?

analagous to the waterbenders in the swamp. a stlye of bending of a particular element. I don't think it is that significant.

Songoftheskies

[4]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    They're Earthbenders. Remember how in The Chase Toph bended sand at Azula? Sand is earth, it's made of small pieces of rock through erosion. Do you consider deserts and beaches part of the land, or part of the sea or wind?

GuardiansofVeil

[5]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    i created a thread like this already if you would of bothered to look to see if one was already created

the_yssa

[6]Jul 14, 2006
    The_Rebell wrote:

I thought it was a nice development! We saw how there were different types of waterbenders and now we see different types of earthbenders. I wonder if there's something like that for firebenders??

the_yssa

[7]Jul 14, 2006
    Was it just me or did the Sand People remind you of Star Wars?

Songoftheskies

[8]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yes

MasterToph

[9]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    the_yssa wrote:
    The_Rebell wrote:

I thought it was a nice development! We saw how there were different types of waterbenders and now we see different types of earthbenders. I wonder if there's something like that for firebenders??

ya cant wait to see ash benders

Edited on 07/14/2006 8:30pm

antlive831

[10]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    the_yssa wrote:

speaking of star wars didn't aang's face after he atacked the vulture bee remind you of when anakin's face after he killed the sand people after they killed his mother?
    katara = padme.
    definitely meant to be a homage.

the_yssa

[11]Jul 14, 2006
    MasterToph wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:
    The_Rebell wrote:

Ha! Ashbenders....good one! Watch it come true!

the_yssa

[12]Jul 14, 2006
    antlive831 wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:

speaking of star wars didn't aang's face after he atacked the vulture bee remind you of when anakin's face after he killed the sand people after they killed his mother?
    katara = padme.
    definitely meant to be a homage.

I was thinking the same thing!

cobe2001

[13]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    the_yssa wrote:
    MasterToph wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:
    The_Rebell wrote:

Ha! Ashbenders....good one! Watch it come true!
    You said there were different types of Waterbender? When?

soccerdawg76

[14]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 18
    How can sand benders be earth benders? Toph spent the whole episode complaining about not being on solid land, just loose sand.

the_yssa

[15]Jul 14, 2006
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    How can sand benders be earth benders? Toph spent the whole episode complaining about not being on solid land, just loose sand.

Sandbending is a specific form of earthbending, just like the swamp people were a different/specific form of waterbending. Toph was just mad because sand is loose and vibrations don't go through as well like it would if it was totally solid.

cobe2001

[16]Jul 14, 2006
    the_yssa wrote:
    soccerdawg76 wrote:

Sandbending is a specific form of earthbending, just like the swamp people were a different/specific form of waterbending. Toph was just mad because sand is loose and vibrations don't go through as well like it would if it was totally solid.
    How was the swamp people different waterbenders? Don't they just bend water?

the_yssa

[17]Jul 14, 2006
    cobe2001 wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:
    soccerdawg76 wrote:

They bend it differently. As you have probably seen, they don't use the normal martial art style of waterbending.

cobe2001

[18]Jul 14, 2006
    the_yssa wrote:
    cobe2001 wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:
    soccerdawg76 wrote:

They bend it differently. As you have probably seen, they don't use the normal martial art style of waterbending.
    Well, I wasn't really paying attention. So how did they do it differently? Plus, if they're different, maybe they might be called Swamp-Waterbender? Or Swampbender?

the_yssa

[19]Jul 14, 2006
    cobe2001 wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:
    cobe2001 wrote:
    the_yssa wrote:
    soccerdawg76 wrote:

Well, I wasn't really paying attention. So how did they do it differently? Plus, if they're different, maybe they might be called Swamp-Waterbender? Or Swampbender?

Ha! It's a bit hard to explain how they did it differently! Do you remember when they were in their boats and they moved the water by rotating their arms.....yeah that's not normal waterbending, though, Katara was seen doing it once. Ummm...I think in the movie, Swampbender was mentioned...or maybe it was swamp man....but whatever, it's based on your opinion really. I think it's a different kind of waterbending, but you might not. Whatever!

cobe2001

[20]Jul 14, 2006
    Well, now we know there are 3 branched benders. Lightning Bender, Sand Bender, and Swamp Bender. Wonder if there's more.