We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

seanroylv

[181]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 9

I've got a question when I go through the last several chapters of Season 2. I still feel confused about how the Dai Li turned around beginning to take order from Azula and abandon their own leader, Long Feng. Azula is just a teen, it not very convincing after her stupid short speech, Dai Li began to listen to her.

Dai Li knew the consequence of taking order from Azula instead of Long Feng, the earth kingdom will fall, and beside they get nothing good by joining the fire nation( at least nothing was shown on the show)and let Azula destroy their own element. They can take Azula down easily, but they didn't.

Azula took control of the Dai Li only by intimidation, that's just not convincing for me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spike815

[182]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    seanroylv wrote:

I've got a question when I go through the last several chapters of Season 2. I still feel confused about how the Dai Li turned around beginning to take order from Azula and abandon their own leader, Long Feng. Azula is just a teen, it not very convincing after her stupid short speech, Dai Li began to listen to her.

Dai Li knew the consequence of taking order from Azula instead of Long Feng, the earth kingdom will fall, and beside they get nothing good by joining the fire nation( at least nothing was shown on the show)and let Azula destroy their own element. They can take Azula down easily, but they didn't.

Azula took control of the Dai Li only by intimidation, that's just not convincing for me.

The Di Lee gained alot from the coup. They got to stay in charge of Ba Sing Se when the fire nation took over. If they hadn't joined, they would have been prisoners, maybe even executed.

They saw that the earth kingdom was doomed anyway. Ba Sing Se was the only city left.

seanroylv

[183]Jan 2, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    seanroylv wrote:

The Di Lee gained alot from the coup. They got to stay in charge of Ba Sing Se when the fire nation took over. If they hadn't joined, they would have been prisoners, maybe even executed. They saw that the earth kingdom was doomed anyway. Ba Sing Se was the only city left.

They didn't stay in charge in Ba Sing Se, in fact some of them were took by Azula to the fire nation. They could still control the city under Long Feng, but they didn't, they surrender to another nation while there is still hope left in the earth kingdom capital. Can three teens take over Ba Sing Se if the Dai Li didn't surrounder?

it's just foolish and inconvicible for me to believe the Dai Li would listen to Azula, I don't think the creator did a very good job here in convincing the audiences.

MarryLarry

[184]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 11

The Dai Li guy that spoke to Long Feng about Azula's speech explained their thoughts. "She's terrifying and inspirational at the same time."

Azula gave them all a pep talk about how the Earth King was going to imprison them unless they overthrew him. They were programmed to follow the strongest, and since Long Feng subverted, she became the alpha dog.

The Dai Li didn't care who ruled the city as long as they still had power and they do. The "Going Home Again" comic that was in the magazine showed them working with the FN, not as prisoners in a cell.

seanroylv

[185]Jan 2, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

The Dai Li guy that spoke to Long Feng about Azula's speech explained their thoughts. "She's terrifying and inspirational at the same time."

Azula gave them all a pep talk about how the Earth King was going to imprison them unless they overthrew him. They were programmed to follow the strongest, and since Long Feng subverted, she became the alpha dog.

The Dai Li didn't care who ruled the city as long as they still had power and they do. The "Going Home Again" comic that was in the magazine showed them working with the FN, not as prisoners in a cell.

thanks, I think that answers my question!

tomtitan

[186]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 19
    tomtitan wrote:
    i have a question: how does everyone in avatar know how to read? i mean, think about it, sokka and katara grew up in a tiny village in the south pole, who would've taught them how to read? everyone (except for toph) can read and write fluently, yet besides toph and zuko everyone seems to have come from a 'poorer' background, and with the exception of ba sing se university and the fire nation school (which was for well off children), we've never seen any educational facility. how do they all read/write?

and another tiny question, is there only 1 village in the south pole, or is it made of lots of small villages? (i guess the same can be asked for the north pole)

my question gets ignored in my own thread!
    *sigh*

WiseLad

[187]Jan 3, 2008
    because parents make sure to teach their children the language

and I think the North tribe has one big city where All live, but in peace times, some small villages would be around the big city

the south tribe has become many small villages, the Sokka-Katara village is just one of many villages in the South

and tomti....

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/112/203.jpg
    http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/114/126.jpg
    http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/115/933.jpg
    http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/301/069.jpg
    http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/302/267.jpg
    http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/207/527.jpg
    http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/304/341.jpg

tomtitan

[188]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 19

WiseLad wrote:
    because parents make sure to teach their children the language and I think the North tribe has one big city where All live, but in peace times, some small villages would be around the big city the south tribe has become many small villages, the Sokka-Katara village is just one of many villages in the South and tomti.... http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/112/203.jpg

http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/114/126.jpg

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/115/933.jpg

http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/301/069.jpg

http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/302/267.jpg

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/207/527.jpg

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/304/341.jpg

wow! thanks for that!!

but some of those aren't really facepams, especially the one where she's crying.

Edited on 01/03/2008 3:05am

TheNextAvatar

[189]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    So the Fire Nation had dragons, the Earth Kingdom had badgermoles, the Air Nomads had Sky Bisons, but that did the Water Tribes have? Since every nation had an animal which can pretty much bend and is the origin of their element, what's the special animal for the WT?

Miss_Katara

[190]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    TheNextAvatar wrote:
    So the Fire Nation had dragons, the Earth Kingdom had badgermoles, the Air Nomads had Sky Bisons, but that did the Water Tribes have? Since every nation had an animal which can pretty much bend and is the origin of their element, what's the special animal for the WT?

Teh moon! They learned their bending by watching the push and pull motion of the moon and the ocean spirits. I think they don't have a special animal, or maybe it's the PENGUIN!!!

WiseLad

[191]Jan 3, 2008
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    TheNextAvatar wrote:

Teh moon! They learned their bending by watching the push and pull motion of the moon and the ocean spirits. I think they don't have a special animal, or maybe it's the PENGUIN!!!

most probably the sea serpent, as it is the one that waterbends

Miss_Katara

[192]Jan 3, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    TheNextAvatar wrote:

Did it!? Oh well, it doesn't live near the poles where the Watertribes live, that's a little strange I'd say.

WiseLad

[193]Jan 3, 2008
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    TheNextAvatar wrote:

even though they are different (like A bulldog is different than a german sheppard) the Unagi is also a sea serpent, and the Kyoshi Island is close to the south pole, and also remember that Ba sing Se is close to the north side of the map, is simply not close to the North tribe land

Did it!? Oh well, it doesn't live near the poles where the Watertribes live, that's a little strange I'd say.

Miss_Katara

[194]Jan 3, 2008

Ok I got this question, I am totally not good with painting on the PC and all. I tried to photoshop something and it went terribly wrong. But I wanna try again, I'm good in drawing. What is/are the best prgrams to use? I already got PS CS3, I got that from my uncle. (retail, yes)

And do you guys have some good toturials? For photoshopping and/or drawing on the PC?(I'm good with that IRL, but op the PC..)

I want to make some kickass fanart

WiseLad

[195]Jan 3, 2008
    check PM

Miss_Katara

[196]Jan 3, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    check PM

Thanks, I'll start with the basics first, I first gotta learn how everything works.. I never knew enough to make something nice... Also I always lack inspiration

And I gotta find some awsome texture database of w/e, I don't feel like creating them myself.. But I'll start drawing first XD

RellikofSouls

[197]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 6
    Wow how rich is ur uncle? PS CS3 costs like 600 quid

Miss_Katara

[198]Jan 3, 2008
    RellikofSouls wrote:

He got it for free from his work..

KingAtticus

[199]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 11
    RellikofSouls wrote:

What the hell's a quid?

RellikofSouls

[200]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 6

KingAtticus wrote:
    RellikofSouls wrote:

What the hell's a quid?

It means pounds (British Currency)

And wow i could do with a free PS CS3 lol