We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

Spike815

[141]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    enctv wrote:

Hi, maybe a repeat question, but I'm still new to Avatar. In the episode Guru, Aang was told to let go of all his earthly attachements, basically Katara. But in the episode The Avatar and the Firelord, when Ruko finshed mastering all the elements he came back and married his true love. So Aang does not have to let Katara go to be the Avatar, right?

Correct. "Letting go" just means that Aang has to realize the world is more important than Katara. Roku understood this, he fought to save ALL of the villagers, not just his wife (which would have been alot easier.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enctv

[142]Jan 1, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    enctv wrote:

Hi, maybe a repeat question, but I'm still new to Avatar. In the episode Guru, Aang was told to let go of all his earthly attachements, basically Katara. But in the episode The Avatar and the Firelord, when Ruko finshed mastering all the elements he came back and married his true love. So Aang does not have to let Katara go to be the Avatar, right?

Correct. "Letting go" just means that Aang has to realize the world is more important than Katara. Roku understood this, he fought to save ALL of the villagers, not just his wife (which would have been alot easier.)

Thank you very much for the clarification. If the Guru had just told Aang that, I think he would have understood. Thanks again.

BradyBannister5

[143]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    In the episode City of Walls and Secrets, Aang says that he can feel Appa is in Ba Sing Se. However, we can see by the episode Appa's Lost Days that Appa came to Ba Sing Se after Aang arrived and said this (since he said it when he arrived.) Were Aang's senses wrong?

pc_fan03

[144]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 21

BradyBannister5 wrote:
    In the episode City of Walls and Secrets, Aang says that he can feel Appa is in Ba Sing Se. However, we can see by the episode Appa's Lost Days that Appa came to Ba Sing Se after Aang arrived and said this (since he said it when he arrived.) Were Aang's senses wrong?

That screenshot came from 2.15, The Tales of Ba Sing Se. That's Momo lying in Appa's footprint so well... Appa came before the Gaang.

WiseLad

[145]Jan 1, 2008
    BradyBannister5 wrote:

tales of BSS (215) was shown first, BUT it ends with Momo sleeping in a footprint of Appa

ALD(216) ends with Appa captured and GASP!!!!!!!!!!! leaving a footprint behind!!!

I wonder what came first time wise(not chapter wise) Momo sleeping in the footprint of Appa or Appa making it?

Jenny010

[146]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    hi new to the program...but a quick question....is zuko engaged? and if he is,....who with??

1337Bloodbender

[147]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 24

Jenny010 wrote:
    hi new to the program...but a quick question....is zuko engaged? and if he is,....who with??

He is not engaged. He does have or had, depending how future events turn out, a girlfriend though. Her name is Mai.

Jenny010

[148]Jan 1, 2008
    1337Bloodbender wrote:

Jenny010 wrote:

He is not engaged. He does have or had, depending how future events turn out, a girlfriend though. Her name is Mai.

didn't he break up with mai though.......in DOBS 1 he writes a letter and he says "...im sorry mai..." does that mean he broke up with her??

WiseLad

[149]Jan 1, 2008
    Jenny010 wrote:
    1337Bloodbender wrote:

Jenny010 wrote:

didn't he break up with mai though.......in DOBS 1 he writes a letter and he says "...im sorry mai..." does that mean he broke up with her??

no

as far as it can be certain,

chances are higher that he wrote something along this

"I am sorry, but I feel that in order to be true to myself, I have to join and help the Avatar, but I do love you. I have to go without you because I didn't want to force you to choose between me and the wishes of my father as ruler of the FN, and if you went with me, put your life in danger as a traitor"

BradyBannister5

[150]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 10

WiseLad wrote:
    BradyBannister5 wrote:
    tales of BSS (215) was shown first, BUT it ends with Momo sleeping in a footprint of Appa ALD(216) ends with Appa captured and GASP!!!!!!!!!!! leaving a footprint behind!!! I wonder what came first time wise(not chapter wise) Momo sleeping in the footprint of Appa or Appa making it?

well, I think Appa came to Ba Sing Se AFTER Aang arrived because of this screenshot from Appa's Lost Days, showing Aang sleeping at his house in Ba Sing Se, which he came into AFTER he said he felt Appa there, which lead me to believe that Aang's senses were wrong!

MarryLarry

[151]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 11
    Maybe his sixth sense can see the future.

_Nalesnik_

[152]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    ^^ yup, bradybannister is right, in appa's lost days, we see aang already in BSS, and then appa arriving, being captured by long feng.

I always considered that a plot hole, but you could say that his spidey sense was having an off day.

WiseLad

[153]Jan 1, 2008
    there is a chance that Appa was looking for Aang for a few days, and than heard the whistle, also remember that the gaang was in the outer walls for a while also, and that the leader of the Dai Li decided to get Appa himself since he knew Aang was looking for him at the end of COWAS, and a flying bison meant that the gaang could fly anywhere

tomtitan

[154]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 19
    KingAtticus wrote:
    It says to ask all questions. So does that include stupid questions, questions asked by noobs, or all of the above?

*I'm being serious here*

*Happy New Year! *

all questions, especially n00bish ones, because if n00bs ask their questions here, they won't make new threads for them, that's the whole point of the thread.

pc_fan03

[155]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 21
    BradyBannister5 wrote:

WiseLad wrote:
    BradyBannister5 wrote:
    tales of BSS (215) was shown first, BUT it ends with Momo sleeping in a footprint of Appa ALD(216) ends with Appa captured and GASP!!!!!!!!!!! leaving a footprint behind!!! I wonder what came first time wise(not chapter wise) Momo sleeping in the footprint of Appa or Appa making it?

well, I think Appa came to Ba Sing Se AFTER Aang arrived because of this screenshot from Appa's Lost Days, showing Aang sleeping at his house in Ba Sing Se, which he came into AFTER he said he felt Appa there, which lead me to believe that Aang's senses were wrong!

hmm... I got what you're saying... well Momo's story could have taken place after Appa's Lost Days, but it probably is really just a plot hole.

tomtitan

[156]Jan 2, 2008
    i have a question: how does everyone in avatar know how to read? i mean, think about it, sokka and katara grew up in a tiny village in the south pole, who would've taught them how to read? everyone (except for toph) can read and write fluently, yet besides toph and zuko everyone seems to have come from a 'poorer' background, and with the exception of ba sing se university and the fire nation school (which was for well off children), we've never seen any educational facility. how do they all read/write?

and another tiny question, is there only 1 village in the south pole, or is it made of lots of small villages? (i guess the same can be asked for the north pole)

[157]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 42
    Does anyone know if there are new video games to go with the avatar film when it comes out

tomtitan

[158]Jan 2, 2008
    Does anyone know if there are new video games to go with the avatar film when it comes out

the avatar film hasn't even been written yet, i think it's too early to be thinking about videogames, but probably, considering every film nowadays has a corresponding videogame.
    i wonder if they'll make a season 3 video game...

[159]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 42
    hopefully and they better make it the best one

Jenny010

[160]Jan 2, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    Jenny010 wrote:
    1337Bloodbender wrote:

Jenny010 wrote:

no as far as it can be certain, chances are higher that he wrote something along this "I am sorry, but I feel that in order to be true to myself, I have to join and help the Avatar, but I do love you. I have to go without you because I didn't want to force you to choose between me and the wishes of my father as ruler of the FN, and if you went with me, put your life in danger as a traitor"
    thanks uh...wiselad