We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Azula Discussion Thread

isabelwhatx

[1]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 14

Alright, I'm sorry. Most of these boards are PLAGUED with Azula discussions. Why? Because us Azula freaks and you Azula haters need a place to vent and debate.

So, I've decided to make this thread. Zuko has 40938503498530943 discussions, so why can't Azula have this one?

BEAR IN MIND this is Azula in GENERAL. I know there are threads about her mental health and such, but this just covers all the topics.

Anyway, discuss away The first thing I'm going to say is...

AZULA PWNS ZUKO!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gilvatar

[2]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 17
    ZUKO ROCKS SOCKS!!!! *runs away*

isabelwhatx

[3]Sep 25, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:

Ha, that's about all he'll ever rock. Azula rocks everything else As she should.

EmoHaruno

[4]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:

Ha, that's about all he'll ever rock. Azula rocks everything else As she should.

Oh really?
    So Azula rocks neck-showing shirts? And a scar? And manliness?
    Sorry, Zuko has you beat.
    But after those things Azula beats everyone at everything

isabelwhatx

[5]Sep 25, 2008
    Just a little FYI, Azula completely beat Zuko in the Agni Kai. So don't start that on here. It'll get ugly.

DeeDuck33

[6]Sep 25, 2008
    I love and hate Azula, every time I saw her, I wish she would die, yet I hoped she didn't. Azula is that type of enemies you love to hate. Not one of those foolish villains who think they can take over the world when they are too stupid to realize that puting an off switch isn't good idea.

In fact, Azula was so awesome, no one was able to take her down. She took herself down. No one else. xD

Axrendale

[7]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 10

DeeDuck33 wrote:
    I love and hate Azula, every time I saw her, I wish she would die, yet I hoped she didn't. Azula is that type of enemies you love to hate. Not one of those foolish villains who think they can take over the world when they are too stupid to realize that puting an off switch isn't good idea. In fact, Azula was so awesome, no one was able to take her down. She took herself down. No one else. xD

QFT!

Although I never hated Azula. I loved her, no hatred in it at all. Whenever she was involved in fights, I cheered for her. Nothing you guys haven't heard from me before

DeeDuck33

[8]Sep 25, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

DeeDuck33 wrote:
    I love and hate Azula, every time I saw her, I wish she would die, yet I hoped she didn't. Azula is that type of enemies you love to hate. Not one of those foolish villains who think they can take over the world when they are too stupid to realize that puting an off switch isn't good idea. In fact, Azula was so awesome, no one was able to take her down. She took herself down. No one else. xD

QFT!

Although I never hated Azula. I loved her, no hatred in it at all. Whenever she was involved in fights, I cheered for her. Nothing you guys haven't heard from me before

Well, she was almost subdued by Katara in CoD, but Zuzu helped her out. For the most part, she won (or at least harmed the gaang in some way).

Axrendale

[9]Sep 25, 2008
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

DeeDuck33 wrote:

QFT!

Well, she was almost subdued by Katara in CoD, but Zuzu helped her out. For the most part, she won (or at least harmed the gaang in some way).

Well, look at it this way - her near defeat to Katara in COD gets balanced out by the fact that where Zuko got beaten by Aang, Azula pwned Aang in a single shot in that episode. In fact, she did so twice. Zuko never actually managed to take anyone down on his own.

isabelwhatx

[10]Sep 25, 2008
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

DeeDuck33 wrote:

QFT!

Oh, she definitely won in CoD. If you kill the Avatar, no matter WHAT happens to you, you will always win. That's how awesome killing the Avatar is.

rgc19

[11]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 5

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Just a little FYI, Azula completely beat Zuko in the Agni Kai. So don't start that on here. It'll get ugly.

We've been over this a million times. Azula did not beat Zuko in the Agni Kai. Once she launched that illegal shot she forfeited all claims to victory in that fight. Now notice I say victory, not success. Victory comes with specifications (namely, those of the Agni Kai). Success, on the other hand, is measured in absolute terms. Plus, she neither killed Zuko nor won the fight in the end, so I'm not really sure how she won or beat anyone.

Not trying to start fights here, and I'm definitely not an Azula hater (second fave char.). But I just can't let statements like that pass.

I know Axrendale will probably fight me to the death on this one.

Axrendale

[12]Sep 25, 2008
    rgc19 wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

We've been over this a million times. Azula did not beat Zuko in the Agni Kai. Once she launched that illegal shot she forfeited all claims to victory in that fight. Now notice I say victory, not success. Victory comes with specifications (namely, those of the Agni Kai). Success, on the other hand, is measured in absolute terms. Plus, she neither killed Zuko nor won the fight in the end, so I'm not really sure how she won or beat anyone.

Not trying to start fights here, and I'm definitely not an Azula hater (second fave char.). But I just can't let statements like that pass.

How did you ever guess that?

rgc19

[13]Sep 25, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:
    rgc19 wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

How did you ever guess that?

Eh... maybe I recall a certain debate on the Sozins Comet thread.

Axrendale

[14]Sep 25, 2008
    Ah yes, I remember that one. As I recall, we managed to include everything in our discussion from Genghis Khan's honor code to the cold war and school corridor brawls. It was definitely a very interesting argument.

microwave234

[15]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    rgc19 wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

QFT. Anyway I think she is kinda overrated but that may because i'm used the the powerhouses in Naruto.

rgc19

[16]Sep 25, 2008

Axrendale wrote:
    Ah yes, I remember that one. As I recall, we managed to include everything in our discussion from Genghis Khan's honor code to the cold war and school corridor brawls. It was definitely a very interesting argument.

It certainly was. I think it's a testament to the show that it's able to spark such arguments.

isabelwhatx

[17]Sep 25, 2008
    rgc19 wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

All because she didn't kill Zuko doesn't mean she didn't win. Zuko didn't kill Zhao, but he won the Agni Kai.

FrigginGodess

[18]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 22
    I rather say she's a bit loco.

PsychoPass

[19]Sep 25, 2008
    I think we should have one of those "Broken Fanbase" (TVtropes has the meaning) debates/discussions/arguments. I've always wanted to be involved with one of those. The vehemence from both sides will be mutually understood so it's all good. :F

isabelwhatx

[20]Sep 25, 2008
    PsychoPass wrote:
    I think we should have one of those "Broken Fanbase" (TVtropes has the meaning) debates/discussions/arguments. I've always wanted to be involved with one of those. The vehemence from both sides will be mutually understood so it's all good. :F

I can't find it in there?