We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

How Avatar Changed or Affected Your Life

ThisCrazyGuy

[61]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 8

Avatar is an amazing show, and it has made me think about a lot of things.

Did it change my life? That is a tricky question... Hmm... *Goes off to think about how Avatar has influenced me*

Edited on 10/27/2008 10:02am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

piranhapete

[62]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 11
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    What material was that...murder, sex, and foul language? I suppose that would have made Avatar a bit more spicier.

For me just more plot twists. Were it up to me, Suki would be dead and Ty-Lokka would reign supreme. Also, Teoph! Well, it was great, but I think the plot was a little straightforward sometimes. Being adult doesn't necessarily mean that it has murder, sex, and foul language - it's just that grown-ups have seen more cartoons in their longer lifetime, making Avatar more predictable, and some people really, really like unpredictability in tv shows. Adds a nice touch.

pc_fan03

[63]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    Well it got me involved at Tv.com, which was pretty fun for a while.

Falcondude123

[64]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 10

Jackson5050 wrote:
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    since me and bryan worked so hard on it.
    For one thing, it is Bryan and I. Also, are you insinuating that you are MDD?

Well... I suppose the jigs up- yes, that is me. MDD isn't what I usually go by, but it works well!

I just really wanted to thank you all on a more personal level for all of you amazing support. If you were at the Comic Con, you might remember me saying how I wished you guys knew how your high spirits and great fandom affected us. It was such a morale booster, especially when it came to paperwork, which believe me, can make you lose passion for anything! But if there was one thing we cared about the most, it was you guys. So, thanks again to all of you! Bryan, I know, shares the same gratitude!

EmoHaruno

[65]Oct 27, 2008
    Falcondude123 wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    since me and bryan worked so hard on it.
    For one thing, it is Bryan and I. Also, are you insinuating that you are MDD?

Well... I suppose the jigs up- yes, that is me. MDD isn't what I usually go by, but it works well!

I just really wanted to thank you all on a more personal level for all of you amazing support. If you were at the Comic Con, you might remember me saying how I wished you guys knew how your high spirits and great fandom affected us. It was such a morale booster, especially when it came to paperwork, which believe me, can make you lose passion for anything! But if there was one thing we cared about the most, it was you guys. So, thanks again to all of you! Bryan, I know, shares the same gratitude!

-rollseyes-
    I remember you from like two months ago.

Jackson5050

[66]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    I find your claim to be MDD highly dubious, but I have no evidence that you are lying. In light of this, I will tentatively offer my gratitude for the hard work.

Alpha1Niner

[67]Oct 27, 2008
    I think what everyone needs is a little proof that you're really who you say you are. Not to be disrespectful, but it seems that everyone here wants proof of something before believing it.

EmoHaruno

[68]Oct 27, 2008
    @ Alpha and Jackson: He's not, don't mind him.

Hughhh

[69]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    I don't presume to know the exact generation to which Jackson belongs, but suffice to say I'm probably in the same ballpark.

Watching Avatar was an aboslute pleasure. I sat with my wife and 8 year old daughter, and we watched all three books over the span of a couple of days. The little one is a big fan of Nick and Cartoon Network, and unfortunately the vast majority of shows on these networks are horrible. While shows like Fairly Odd Parents, Foster's Home... and Billy & Mandy are bearable, Avatar truly was a shining light by comparison.

Watching Avatar was such an overwhelmingly pleasant experience, it's difficult to describe. Smiles from ear to ear at the end of each episode, champing at the bit eager to get stuck into the next... Good times. I did feel a bit of sorrow when it all ended; I got onto Wikipedia straight away to see what was being done to keep it going (or "done the impossible" in Firefly vernacular), and was saddened to see that a live action movie was all that had been scheduled. If a fourth animated Avatar series can't happen, then I'd be sad, but with the same breath I have hopes that the creators might be given another chance in the not-too-distant future, to create something equally special for me to enjoy with my family.

Edited on 10/28/2008 3:26am

Chaospyro

[70]Oct 28, 2008
    Hughhh wrote:
    I don't presume to know the exact generation to which Jackson belongs, but suffice to say I'm probably in the same ballpark.

Watching Avatar was an aboslute pleasure. I sat with my wife and 8 year old daughter, and we watched all three books over the span of a couple of days. The little one is a big fan of Nick and Cartoon Network, and unfortunately the vast majority of shows on these networks are horrible. While shows like Fairly Odd Parents, Foster's Home... and Billy & Mandy are bearable, Avatar truly was a shining light by comparison.

Watching Avatar was such an overwhelmingly pleasant experience, it's difficult to describe. Smiles from ear to ear at the end of each episode, champing at the bit eager to get stuck into the next... Good times. I did feel a bit of sorrow when it all ended; I got onto Wikipedia straight away to see what was being done to keep it going (or "done the impossible" in Firefly vernacular), and was saddened to see that a live action movie was all that had been scheduled. If a fourth animated Avatar series can't happen, then I'd be sad, but with the same breath I have hopes that the creators might be given another chance in the not-too-distant future, to create something equally special for me to enjoy with my family.

Very nicely written , there are rumours of mini episodes in the future circulating around but most Avatards are eagerly waiting the next comic convention to see if any new information will come to light.
    Edited on 10/28/2008 6:37pm

Falcondude123

[71]Oct 29, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I find your claim to be MDD highly dubious, but I have no evidence that you are lying. In light of this, I will tentatively offer my gratitude for the hard work.

I appreciate your appreciation.

Being MDD(Master of Decietful Deception) is a difficult, albeit quite entertaining task!

...oh, my goodness! I just realized... nah... certainly you didn't think I was THE MDD, did you??? Not the great Michael DiMartino???

Oh, my! Ahh, I can't believe it! You did!

And all this time I thought you were calling me the Master of Decietful Deception!!

Hahahaha, what a humorous mix-up! Well, at least we can get a good laugh out of this silly mistake!

>:}

Hughhh

[72]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 2
    Chaospyro wrote:
    Very nicely written , there are rumours of mini episodes in the future circulating around but most Avatards are eagerly waiting the next comic convention to see if any new information will come to light.

Ah yes, the much vaunted COMIC CON... I've always meant to get along to one of those, if only to call the Bankys of the world "tracers".