We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

How Avatar Changed or Affected Your Life

rgc19

[41]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    rgc19 wrote:

Well I'd be quite concerned if Avatar 'effected' my life. That would suggest... well you know... nevermind.

Has it affected my life? Maybe it's made me a bit more of a romantic.

Ah, well I'll fix it
    It's cool. I just got this disturbing image when I read it. Shouldn't need explanation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jackson5050

[42]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    If you don't tell me willingly I'll make you. You know, I've been working out lately I could take you.
    Do not mess with a bull, isabel...you will most certainly get the horns.

Alpha1Niner

[43]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 10

Not if the bull is dead.

Besides, you never know. Isabel might be a guy in disguise. ???

Or one of those "large boned" women.

FireLordZuko93

[44]Oct 22, 2008
    Alpha1Niner wrote:

Not if the bull is dead.

umm, shes neither. I've seen pictures of her..she's quite pretty
    Edited on 10/22/2008 5:40am

snowflakes123

[45]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 4

avatar affecting my life...well i'd be a little sad if a cartoon show really did affect my life, but i'll avoid being obnoxious and answer the question ^.^

i liked avatar through the first season and most of the second, but i got really mad at the third because i felt really let down; all the really cool stuff i thought they were setting up for didn't happen, the couples were predictable and really boring (zutara, tophaang, HELLO?! >.o ), and in the end it just turned out to be a typical nick show. -sigh- >.> i was hoping for much more complexities and depth in the outcome of the show and it didn't happen, so i was really sad about that.

guess i'll just have to look to my real animes for that stuff, eh? -huggles naruto, bleach, death note, and trigun-

Alpha1Niner

[47]Oct 22, 2008
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    Alpha1Niner wrote:

Not if the bull is dead.

*whispers to FLZ* I was kidding

FireLordZuko93

[48]Oct 22, 2008
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    Alpha1Niner wrote:

Not if the bull is dead.

*whispers to FLZ* I was kidding

ahh well sometimes its hard to tell sarcasism on the internet

EmoHaruno

[49]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    snowflakes123 wrote:

avatar affecting my life...well i'd be a little sad if a cartoon show really did affect my life, but i'll avoid being obnoxious and answer the question ^.^

i liked avatar through the first season and most of the second, but i got really mad at the third because i felt really let down; all the really cool stuff i thought they were setting up for didn't happen, the couples were predictable and really boring (zutara, tophaang, HELLO?! >.o ), and in the end it just turned out to be a typical nick show. -sigh- >.> i was hoping for much more complexities and depth in the outcome of the show and it didn't happen, so i was really sad about that.

guess i'll just have to look to my real animes for that stuff, eh? -huggles naruto, bleach, death note, and trigun-

It ended up as a happy ending with predictable events because it is a kids show.

Water78

[50]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 47

Well lets see my thearpist is very wealthy i have suddan attacks of me trying to water bend when ever i see what. I try to firebend like azula every time one of my siblings bothers me. I try to fly to the moon because my girldfriend is up there. The spirit of ocean is haveing fun with her and i am down here. When i see rocks i think i can cause earth quakes so i start punching the ground whic i break every night. Every morning, I break my arms, and every evening I break my legs, and every night a heart attack puts me to sleep. Flerm? When i jump in the lake i dont get wet the river gets me. Kensington is were the party is in ur cheese. I would love to be avatar i could kill that hobo living under my bed who wants world domination. The boy named lisa ran out of the supermarket with liver slapping him self. The cops chased him. The boy named lisa slaps himself with liver. I bought a 50 year old cat from ur grandy. BAGELS! I love Tina Fey i love to call her aunt fey. Have you ever seen a sail run over a speeding car which through it self out the window of a hostpital. Ding dong the witch is dead. I was eating a home grown taco a cat in a tree died and fell in my taco. The taco went every were it my front door. My mom saw it and through it at a car speeding down the road. The car couldnt see were it was goiong. An old lady sneaking out of nut house fell out the windo and on the car and began to do the limbo. My taco died that day i saw the creepy girl's mother through her down the well and now i died when i watch a video tape. Which spanked my self with my taco which the cat itself died in. I got a home growne diseas said the mayor who ate ur 609. O thats a great german eggo is opreggo. Yum flerm. Did u see that chocolate cow run down the river run into the boy named lisa with the liver who through the liver at the cat who fell in my taco hit my door thrown at a car that googly silly old lady got it and this all was seen my bryan and mike and this is how avatar was created. I love avatar so much i go to therapy 10 times a week.

isabelwhatx

[51]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    Alpha1Niner wrote:

Not if the bull is dead.

AW! *tackles FLZ in a death hug* You're so cute Jackson: I'd give the same advice to you *puts on cool shades and struts around like she owns the place because she does*
    Edited on 10/22/2008 5:07pm

EmoHaruno

[52]Oct 22, 2008
    Water78 wrote:

Well lets see my thearpist is very wealthy i have suddan attacks of me trying to water bend when ever i see what. I try to firebend like azula every time one of my siblings bothers me. I try to fly to the moon because my girldfriend is up there. The spirit of ocean is haveing fun with her and i am down here. When i see rocks i think i can cause earth quakes so i start punching the ground whic i break every night. Every morning, I break my arms, and every evening I break my legs, and every night a heart attack puts me to sleep. Flerm? When i jump in the lake i dont get wet the river gets me. Kensington is were the party is in ur cheese. I would love to be avatar i could kill that hobo living under my bed who wants world domination. The boy named lisa ran out of the supermarket with liver slapping him self. The cops chased him. The boy named lisa slaps himself with liver. I bought a 50 year old cat from ur grandy. BAGELS! I love Tina Fey i love to call her aunt fey. Have you ever seen a sail run over a speeding car which through it self out the window of a hostpital. Ding dong the witch is dead. I was eating a home grown taco a cat in a tree died and fell in my taco. The taco went every were it my front door. My mom saw it and through it at a car speeding down the road. The car couldnt see were it was goiong. An old lady sneaking out of nut house fell out the windo and on the car and began to do the limbo. My taco died that day i saw the creepy girl's mother through her down the well and now i died when i watch a video tape. Which spanked my self with my taco which the cat itself died in. I got a home growne diseas said the mayor who ate ur 609. O thats a great german eggo is opreggo. Yum flerm. Did u see that chocolate cow run down the river run into the boy named lisa with the liver who through the liver at the cat who fell in my taco hit my door thrown at a car that googly silly old lady got it and this all was seen my bryan and mike and this is how avatar was created. I love avatar so much i go to therapy 10 times a week.

I'm taking this as sarcasm

snowflakes123

[53]Oct 22, 2008
    Water78 wrote:

mkay may i just say that you are an epic weirdy and i officially love you forever?

snowflakes123

[54]Oct 22, 2008
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    snowflakes123 wrote:

It ended up as a happy ending with predictable events because it is a kids show.

-sigh- yeah. that's my problem; i'm not a kid anymore

EmoHaruno

[55]Oct 25, 2008
    snowflakes123 wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    snowflakes123 wrote:

Just because its a kid show doesn't mean it was totally for kids. It ended up having material all ages liked.

snowflakes123

[56]Oct 25, 2008
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    snowflakes123 wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    snowflakes123 wrote:

Just because its a kid show doesn't mean it was totally for kids. It ended up having material all ages liked.

oh yeah totally, but the material that i WANTED to be geared towards older people wasn't; i'm just really picky

Jackson5050

[57]Oct 26, 2008
    What material was that...murder, sex, and foul language? I suppose that would have made Avatar a bit more spicier.

Falcondude123

[58]Oct 26, 2008
    Wow... this place is still alive???!! I must admit, I am very impressed with the enduring of this show's cult following, tho not entirely surprised at it since me and bryan worked so hard on it.

I don't do this very often(the last time was just before we got Nick to release the finale, finally!! ), but i was just checking in on some of you wonderful fans' comments on several forums of several sites, and I jst decided I should let you all know how being a part of all of this has affected me. Me, personally.

Well, Avatar was more of an adventure for us than it was for the characters we love so much. There were of course times when we felt depressed, and even disillusioned, with our work. We had ups and downs. Once, when we were on lunch break, bryan turned and looked out the window at the passing cars and said, "we ought to be making better ones of those." I know it doesn't sound very profound in a simple post, but if you were there and you knew him like I do, you would understand what he meant- he meant that he wondered if our work mattered.

I had similar moments. Once I was having a really bad day. I called a girl I knew from high school who i hadn't talked to in years. Gutsy, I know. She was polite, but her tone of voice told me, "I was hoping you'd jumped off a cliff by now." Ouch, i know.

But no matter how bad things felt, there was always you guys who kept us going. All of you! Thank you all for being soo supportive! All I ever had to do was see how much this show meant to all of you (often by browsing this and other forums) and I just got this sudden jolt of energy, like I'd just drunk some of Iroh's tea(ridiculous joke, I know .

You guys kept the adventure alive, not us. It was you! Your fabulous fandom made us laugh, smile, and even inspired some of our work!! You guys(and by that I mean guys and girls! , are what made this amazing work worthwhile. You kept all of our spirit's alive, and we will always remember that!

Yes, Avatar affected me, but you all affected me even more! Thank you all soo much! May you all have luck and good fortune in your futures!

Jackson5050

[59]Oct 26, 2008
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    since me and bryan worked so hard on it.
    For one thing, it is Bryan and I. Also, are you insinuating that you are MDD?

Chaospyro

[60]Oct 27, 2008
    *Is now left thoroughly confused by Falcondude's post*