We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

How Avatar Changed or Affected Your Life

microsphere

[21]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    Kallissa_Vic wrote:
    I learned how americans can take a great idea and screw it up. They could have changed some things and made it ten times better.

Oh? Please explain, I'm very interested on what you felt could be improved.
    My biggest complaint for it was the lack of blood and swearing. Sometimes it felt to kiddish to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EmoHaruno

[22]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    microsphere wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    Kallissa_Vic wrote:
    I learned how americans can take a great idea and screw it up. They could have changed some things and made it ten times better.

My biggest complaint for it was the lack of blood and swearing. Sometimes it felt to kiddish to me.

Well, it IS a kid show on a kid network. It just happened to be an epic, mature and totally awesome kid show.

microsphere

[23]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    microsphere wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    Kallissa_Vic wrote:

Well, it IS a kid show on a kid network.
    Exactly. That's a problem.

piranhapete

[25]Oct 19, 2008
    microsphere wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    microsphere wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    Kallissa_Vic wrote:

Well, at an impressionable age young people can become numb to violence if they watch too much of it. If they watch Avatar, they can get all of the blood-pumping action scenes without potentially seeing things they aren't mature enough to handle. Personally, action scenes like in The Blind Bandit and dark episodes like Zuko Alone made the show feel plenty grown-up, but that's just me.
    I don't mean to sound like a redneck grampa or anything, but I do think that violence and too much swearing can sometimes damage its viewers. Censorship is not always a bad thing.

As for it changing my life, Avatar is just one of those shows that makes you feel good. It didn't really change my beliefs (in fact, sometimes I think it's a little bit preachy...), but I really did enjoy it, and it's comforting to know that amidst life's chaos, things as great as Avatar can come into being.

KingofSpades209

[26]Oct 19, 2008

piranhapete wrote:
    microsphere wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    microsphere wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    Kallissa_Vic wrote:
    Well, at an impressionable age young people can become numb to violence if they watch too much of it. If they watch Avatar, they can get all of the blood-pumping action scenes without potentially seeing things they aren't mature enough to handle. Personally, action scenes like in The Blind Bandit and dark episodes like Zuko Alone made the show feel plenty grown-up, but that's just me. I don't mean to sound like a redneck grampa or anything, but I do think that violence and too much swearing can sometimes damage its viewers. Censorship is not always a bad thing. As for it changing my life, Avatar is just one of those shows that makes you feel good. It didn't really change my beliefs (in fact, sometimes I think it's a little bit preachy...), but I really did enjoy it, and it's comforting to know that amidst life's chaos, things as great as Avatar can come into being.

I agree with you. And I don't like bloody and gore tv shows so Avatar was perfect for me. But Avatar has never affected in my life.

isabelwhatx

[27]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 14
    All I can say is that if you need blood and gore to make a show good, then you obviously don't know what a good show is. There's a difference between an AMUSING show and a good show.
    Edited on 10/19/2008 9:04pm

Jackson5050

[28]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    All I can say is that if you need blood and gore to make a show good, then you obviously don't know what a good show is. There's a difference between an AMUSING show and a good show.
    It changed isabel's life by making her less of a nerd. Before she watched the show...she was the opposite of cool. Now, she is in between.

Also, pay no attention to Kallissa_Vic. He/She is an obvious troll.

EmoHaruno

[29]Oct 20, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    It changed isabel's life by making her less of a nerd. Before she watched the show...she was the opposite of cool. Now, she is in between.

Was that a slight insult at Isabel? ;P
    And by saying Avatar is a great to go and watch after a hard day can also mean it effected your life: almost like a safe haven.

FrigginGodess

[30]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 22
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Was that a slight insult at Isabel? ;P
    And by saying Avatar is a great to go and watch after a hard day can also mean it effected your life: almost like a safe haven.

Me? it was rather a life saver for Tv.com. And, I felt pretty much overrated in Tv.com

isabelwhatx

[31]Oct 20, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I think someone's jealous of my awesomeness

I am SO COOL it hurts and you know it, Jackson. Denial isn't just a river, you know.

Jackson5050

[32]Oct 20, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I am SO COOL it hurts and you know it, Jackson. Denial isn't just a river, you know.
    Did you just say denial is not only a river? After seeing that, I have to admit...you are cool. There is no ifs, ands or buts about it.

isabelwhatx

[33]Oct 20, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Did you just say denial is not only a river? After seeing that, I have to admit...you are cool. There is no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Epiphany! And since I'm so cool, I think I deserve to know yer old screen name. If you don't tell me, Ax will. I'm just giving you a choice here.

Jackson5050

[34]Oct 21, 2008
    Who said Ax is the one who knows it?

isabelwhatx

[35]Oct 21, 2008
    He told me he does Don't try and wiggle out of this one.

Jackson5050

[36]Oct 21, 2008
    I will neither confirm nor deny anything.

isabelwhatx

[37]Oct 21, 2008
    If you don't tell me willingly I'll make you. You know, I've been working out lately I could take you.

rgc19

[38]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 5

Well I'd be quite concerned if Avatar 'effected' my life. That would suggest... well you know... nevermind.

Has it affected my life? Maybe it's made me a bit more of a romantic.

EmoHaruno

[39]Oct 21, 2008
    rgc19 wrote:

Well I'd be quite concerned if Avatar 'effected' my life. That would suggest... well you know... nevermind.

Has it affected my life? Maybe it's made me a bit more of a romantic.

Ah, well
    I'll fix it

HawkGirl024

[40]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    It wont change me a lot but maybe the idea of the cartoon anime because i stop watching aerican cartoons because it started to bore me out nut this show reminds me they're still good american cartoons on Tv