We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

hey, i just noticed toph never died...

turnupthexradio

[1]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 3
    i just caught this, but in the episode "the swamp", each person sees a loved one they lost. Katara sees her mother, sokka sees yue, and aang sees toph. But as we came to the end of the series, nothing ever happened to her. do you think the writers noticed?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libraman_92

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    turnupthexradio wrote:
    i just caught this, but in the episode "the swamp", each person sees a loved one they lost. Katara sees her mother, sokka sees yue, and aang sees toph. But as we came to the end of the series, nothing ever happened to her. do you think the writers noticed?

actually, they saw what they wanted dearly. katara wanted her mother, sokka wanted his girlfriend yue, and aang wanted an earthbending teacher. what was unusual about aang's vision, however, was that he never had seen the girl he saw in his vision before. that's the whole story.

DemocracyDefend

[3]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 3

Well cant resist

Ah crap forgot cant post pics yet dagnit

Just go to Photobucketaand search Facepalm and look at the Zuko image

Edited on 09/26/2008 3:53pm

FireLordZuko93

[4]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 12
    DemocracyDefend wrote:

Well cant resist

Ah crap forgot cant post pics yet dagnit

Just go to Photobucketaand search Facepalm and look at the Zuko image

you could post the link though couldn't you?

isabelwhatx

[5]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 14
    libraman_92 wrote:
    turnupthexradio wrote:

actually, they saw what they wanted dearly. katara wanted her mother, sokka wanted his girlfriend yue, and aang wanted an earthbending teacher. what was unusual about aang's vision, however, was that he never had seen the girl he saw in his vision before. that's the whole story.

This.

The unusual aspect, though, doesn't really apply to a freak like the Avatar I mean, he saw Katara getting hurt in CoD and he used the roots of a tree to see other things. Illusions aren't really that crazy compared to some of the other stuff he's done

libraman_92

[6]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    libraman_92 wrote:
    turnupthexradio wrote:

This.

The unusual aspect, though, doesn't really apply to a freak like the Avatar I mean, he saw Katara getting hurt in CoD and he used the roots of a tree to see other things. Illusions aren't really that crazy compared to some of the other stuff he's done

good point.

Jackson5050

[7]Sep 26, 2008
    Toph was a reincarnation of Avatar Roku's earthbending master. Since he died and Roku (Aang) already knew him, it would make sense for Aang to see a vision of someone he knew who had passed away.

FrigginGodess

[8]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 22
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Toph was a reincarnation of Avatar Roku's earthbending master. Since he died and Roku (Aang) already knew him, it would make sense for Aang to see a vision of someone he knew who had passed away.

So... is Zuko the reincharnation of Roku or Sozin?

gilvatar

[9]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 17
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

So... is Zuko the reincharnation of Roku or Sozin?
    Aang is Roku's reincarnation so it can't be him. Hmmm who was Roku's firebending master?

isabelwhatx

[10]Sep 26, 2008
    I don't think every single one of Aang's friends have to be a reincarnation. Zuko's a weird breed.

FrigginGodess

[11]Sep 26, 2008
    So... Zuko is the rencarnation of.... the firelord? Sozin? I dunno.

youtube_tv

[12]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 25
    actually i think they were seeing what they really wanted. Like sokka wanted Yue back and Katara wanted her mom back. and aang really wanted to get an earthbending teacher.

that just makes the most sense xD

FrigginGodess

[13]Sep 26, 2008
    True.

Jackson5050

[14]Sep 26, 2008
    I was kidding about Toph being a reincarnation, but it is a possibility. I doubt it, however, but it is a possibility.

DeeDuck33

[15]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    Jackson5050 wrote:

I think the Avatar just draws similar people to him. For example, Roku's waterbending teacher held an air much like Sokka. Friendships, in a way, can reincarnate, even though each Avatar had their own personality, they tended to like the same types of people.

FrigginGodess

[16]Sep 26, 2008
    Uh... now I'm confused.

isabelwhatx

[17]Sep 26, 2008
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

I think the Avatar just draws similar people to him. For example, Roku's waterbending teacher held an air much like Sokka. Friendships, in a way, can reincarnate, even though each Avatar had their own personality, they tended to like the same types of people.

Wasn't that touched upon in The Avatar and the Fire Lord? Or was it a different episode with Aang and Roku?

DeeDuck33

[18]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Wasn't that touched upon in The Avatar and the Fire Lord? Or was it a different episode with Aang and Roku?
    It was in The Avatar and The Fire Lord.

isabelwhatx

[19]Sep 26, 2008
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Epic. That kind of implied that the whole gAang was a reincarnation.

FrigginGodess

[20]Sep 26, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Epic. That kind of implied that the whole gAang was a reincarnation.

So, what was Katara reincarnated from?