We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

hey, i just noticed toph never died...

gilvatar

[21]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 17
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Toph was a reincarnation of Avatar Roku's earthbending master. Since he died and Roku (Aang) already knew him, it would make sense for Aang to see a vision of someone he knew who had passed away.

I think the Avatar just draws similar people to him. For example, Roku's waterbending teacher held an air much like Sokka. Friendships, in a way, can reincarnate, even though each Avatar had their own personality, they tended to like the same types of people.

Wasn't that touched upon in The Avatar and the Fire Lord? Or was it a different episode with Aang and Roku?
    It was in The Avatar and The Fire Lord.

Epic. That kind of implied that the whole gAang was a reincarnation.

So, what was Katara reincarnated from?
    *shrugs* Roku's wife?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FrigginGodess

[22]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 22
    gilvatar wrote:
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Toph was a reincarnation of Avatar Roku's earthbending master. Since he died and Roku (Aang) already knew him, it would make sense for Aang to see a vision of someone he knew who had passed away.

I think the Avatar just draws similar people to him. For example, Roku's waterbending teacher held an air much like Sokka. Friendships, in a way, can reincarnate, even though each Avatar had their own personality, they tended to like the same types of people.

Wasn't that touched upon in The Avatar and the Fire Lord? Or was it a different episode with Aang and Roku?

*shrugs* Roku's wife?

And Zuko was Sozin? Toph is Roku's earthbnder teacher.
    But, then, where does Sokka and Suki fit?

gilvatar

[23]Sep 26, 2008
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    FrigginGodess wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

*shrugs* Roku's wife?

And Zuko was Sozin? Toph is Roku's earthbnder teacher.
    But, then, where does Sokka and Suki fit?
    Buddies who weren't in the flashbacks?

MarryLarry

[24]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 11

You guys realize that if everyone was a reincarnation of someone the population would never grow, right?

And why the detroit is this whole "Toph death" ordeal still being discussed? The writers made it abundantly clear in "The Swamp" that "time is an illusion" and she was someone "[Aang] will meet."

Edited on 09/26/2008 8:42pm

FrigginGodess

[25]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 22
    Right.

And, besides, I dont think Sokka or Suki ever had rencarnations. I'm certain their just their for the heck of it.

Glitterstrar

[26]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    Maybe she died like a week after the finale.?

isabelwhatx

[27]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 14
    Alright, here we go, ahahaha...

1. TOPH DID NOT DIE. ROFL.

2. Zuko is not a reincarnation of Roku, because Aang is the reincarnation of Roku. Roku can't be two people at once. Zuko is just a guy with two very, very opinionated great-grandfathers.

3. Katara was implied to be Roku's wive's reincarnation. Another Kataang foreshadow, I might add. Although it's not concrete, we can be 90% sure.

4. Not everyone is a reincarnation of someone else. Just a few specific people, like Aang and Katara.

5. This one is directed at you, MarryLarry I don't think the writers wanted everyone to be a reincarnation. Plus, we're simply talking about the Avatar world. Maybe the population doesn't go up. We can't be sure. It can go down, though.

MarryLarry

[28]Sep 26, 2008
    If the population never grew, then the FN would have no need to expand into the EK to build colonies. Hence my point. Not everyone is an incarnation of a past being.
    Edited on 09/26/2008 9:01pm

gilvatar

[29]Sep 26, 2008
    of course not everyone in the world (but then again, those airbenders had to go somewhere) we're just sayiong most of the gaang could.

isabelwhatx

[30]Sep 26, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:
    If the population never grew, then the FN would have no need to expand into the EK to build colonies. Hence my point. Not everyone is an incarnation of a past being.

They aren't expanding because they want to raise their population, they're expanding because they believe the rest of the world is tainted and must be purified but the All Mighty Phoenix King. The Fire Nation is only expanding for the sake of expanding and to convert the other territories to its beliefs and customs (religion, much?).

WiseLad

[31]Sep 27, 2008
    reincarnation is but an illusion Avatars are their own unique persons that happen to have the "avatar spirit" in common

Toph can't be an reincarnation of the earthbending teacher of Roku, if we took it like that, than Bumi would not be alive(he was to be Aang's teacher except Aang got "frozen" )

Roku just implied that friendships "transcends" lifetimes BECAUSE him and Aang had Gyatso in common, and because Zuko was to be the reconciliation of the firelord with the avatar (Zuko and Aang) and of Sozin and Roku (by birth as his father was descendant of Sozin and his mother of Roku)

and many times people can be very similar, and it gives the illusion of being the same person

DemocracyDefend

[32]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    DemocracyDefend wrote:

Well cant resist

Ah crap forgot cant post pics yet dagnit

Just go to Photobucketaand search Facepalm and look at the Zuko image

you could post the link though couldn't you?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/facepalm/TeaDidikai/MR%20Graphics/Facepalm.jpg?o=4

MarryLarry

[33]Sep 27, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    They aren't expanding because they want to raise their population, they're expanding because they believe the rest of the world is tainted and must be purified but the All Mighty Phoenix King. The Fire Nation is only expanding for the sake of expanding and to convert the other territories to its beliefs and customs (you kind of contradicted yourself).

Not once in the series did we ever see any FN people trying to convert others to 'the will of fire.' It was never alluded to, never hinted, never mentioned. Hence, They could care less what the other 'lesser races' thought.

The whole concept of a colony is to take people from a crowded country and put them somewhere else so the mother-country has room to grow and hopefully the colony makes some cash for the homeland while they're at it. It's a lot like how some parents expect their kids to repay them when they move out.

isabelwhatx

[34]Sep 28, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    They aren't expanding because they want to raise their population, they're expanding because they believe the rest of the world is tainted and must be purified but the All Mighty Phoenix King. The Fire Nation is only expanding for the sake of expanding and to convert the other territories to its beliefs and customs (you kind of contradicted yourself).

Not once in the series did we ever see any FN people trying to convert others to 'the will of fire.' It was never alluded to, never hinted, never mentioned. Hence, They could care less what the other 'lesser races' thought.

Not true. In the Headband it was specifically said that the Fire Nation believes it's the superior nation and is expanding its borders to help the other nations.

Jancro-Liva

[35]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    ... facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

MarryLarry

[36]Sep 28, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    They aren't expanding because they want to raise their population, they're expanding because they believe the rest of the world is tainted and must be purified but the All Mighty Phoenix King. The Fire Nation is only expanding for the sake of expanding and to convert the other territories to its beliefs and customs.

Not true. In the Headband it was specifically said that the Fire Nation believes it's the superior nation and is expanding its borders to help the other nations.

I don't remember the word "help" ever being used. Not to mention if they wanted to convert EK peoples, then why would Ozai try to wipe them all out with the comet?

isabelwhatx

[37]Sep 28, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    They aren't expanding because they want to raise their population, they're expanding because they believe the rest of the world is tainted and must be purified but the All Mighty Phoenix King. The Fire Nation is only expanding for the sake of expanding and to convert the other territories to its beliefs and customs.

I don't remember the word "help" ever being used. Not to mention if they wanted to convert EK peoples, then why would Ozai try to wipe them all out with the comet?

Because Ozai was a power hungry fool. The rest of the nation was under the impression that they were helping the other nations by converting them. It's somewhat like religion.

NegiSpongie

[38]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    I remember a lot of people posting topics a while back saying that Toph was gonna die because of that Swamp episode. I didn't believe one word of it and that the Swamp was supposed to say she was gonna die. And look, the show is now over and Toph is still alive.

shadowysea07

[39]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 25
    NegiSpongie wrote:
    I remember a lot of people posting topics a while back saying that Toph was gonna die because of that Swamp episode. I didn't believe one word of it and that the Swamp was supposed to say she was gonna die. And look, the show is now over and Toph is still alive.
    no really i didn't notice

_Flutterlight_

[40]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    There were more threads about her dying because Azula set that doll Iroh gave her on fire.