We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Dividing super-powers into the Four Elements!

ThisCrazyGuy

[41]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^Okay.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spazdog

[42]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 7

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    ^Okay.

lol

tenacon

[43]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    Eclectro type = fire.
    mettallo= earth.

ThisCrazyGuy

[44]Nov 11, 2008
    Spazdog wrote:

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    ^Okay.

lol

What do you think of my Light control and manipulation/Invisibility for Forebending idea?

Spazdog

[46]Nov 12, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    Spazdog wrote:

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    ^Okay.

lol

What do you think of my Light control and manipulation/Invisibility for Forebending idea?

its cool idea, but not to sure if it will work though.

ThisCrazyGuy

[47]Nov 12, 2008
    Spazdog wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    Spazdog wrote:

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    ^Okay.

lol

its cool idea, but not to sure if it will work though.

Please explain the error in my idea.

ThisCrazyGuy

[48]Nov 17, 2008

Okay... Or don't...

LOL

ThisCrazyGuy

[50]Jan 3, 2009

I'm reviving this thread, because I think it deserves to be around a lot longer than it was, it is good fun, it isn't old AT ALL (it is a new thread compared to most of the ones on the first page, heck, it's only two months old), and I think it has more potential and seriousness than a lot of the threads that are currently on the first page. A lot of MY threads have died, and I'm okay with that, but I think this one deserves more.

So where do you guys (or who ever comes to this thread) think Super Strength would go? And Shape Shifting?

Edited on 01/03/2009 2:14pm

vampking06

[51]Jan 3, 2009
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

I'm reviving this thread, because I think it deserves to be around a lot longer than it was, it is good fun, it isn't old AT ALL (it is a new thread compared to most of the ones on the first page, heck, it's only two months old), and I think it has more potential and seriousness than a lot of the threads that are currently on the first page. A lot of MY threads have died, and I'm okay with that, but I think this one deserves more.

So where do you guys (or who ever comes to this thread) think Super Strength would go? And Shape Shifting?

Super Strengthseems most along the lines of earthbending just because the style and form earth benders have to use is modeled around being psysically strong. Even with how small Toph is, you have to admit she was pretty strong.

Shape shifting imo, seems like waterbending because water in and of itself has many different shapes (ice, mist, steam, liquid, blood, etc).

And for the record, Batman >> Sokka. No superpowers, yet cna easily meausure up to and surpass those that do have the powers.

ThisCrazyGuy

[52]Jan 3, 2009
    vampking06 wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Super Strengthseems most along the lines of earthbending just because the style and form earth benders have to use is modeled around being psysically strong. Even with how small Toph is, you have to admit she was pretty strong.

Shape shifting imo, seems like waterbending because water in and of itself has many different shapes (ice, mist, steam, liquid, blood, etc).

And for the record, Batman >> Sokka. No superpowers, yet cna easily meausure up to and surpass those that do have the powers.

Cool! I also wonder about Time and Space manipulation/Time control and teleportation.

ThisCrazyGuy

[53]Jan 4, 2009
    And Duplication (cloning yourself and other objects).

ThisCrazyGuy

[54]Jan 6, 2009
    And what does everyone else think about Super Strength?

AllieAllie

[55]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 22
    Super strength should definitely be under earthbending. Strength is more important for earthbending than the other elements.

ThisCrazyGuy

[56]Jan 10, 2009
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Super strength should definitely be under earthbending. Strength is more important for earthbending than the other elements.
    I agree.

ThisCrazyGuy

[57]Jan 11, 2009
    What about Enhanced Smell?
    Edited on 01/11/2009 8:23am

legersem

[58]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 20

Enhanced smell would most certainly fall under the realm of airbending. The main reason is that you could use air currents miles away to carry a smell to you or just use the air around you to pick up trace scents in the area.

I believe that duplication would go with waterbending because you could use water to create look-alikes of yourself and then use them to attack. I considered all the other elements and figured this one worked as air- and firebending (I even thought about your light theory) would only create translucent and shadow copies while earthbending would just be rocks. Waterbending just seemed to most lifelike out of the four.

ThisCrazyGuy

[59]Jan 11, 2009
    legersem wrote:

Enhanced smell would most certainly fall under the realm of airbending. The main reason is that you could use air currents miles away to carry a smell to you or just use the air around you to pick up trace scents in the area.

I believe that duplication would go with waterbending because you could use water to create look-alikes of yourself and then use them to attack. I considered all the other elements and figured this one worked as air- and firebending (I even thought about your light theory) would only create translucent and shadow copies while earthbending would just be rocks. Waterbending just seemed to most lifelike out of the four.

I agree on Enhanced Smell! I'm not sure about Duplication though... :S

legersem

[60]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 20
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    legersem wrote:

I agree on Enhanced Smell! I'm not sure about Duplication though... :S

Well, think about it. Duplication would have to be basically like creating other, solid copies of yourself, right? That knocks out airbending and firebending since copies made out of air, fire, or refracted light wouldn't make a solid human being. The problem I had with earthbending was creating copies with no mobility. Rock people just wouldn't be like real people whereas people made out of water could be bent to look like people and would have the flexibility to fight like a person. Mud would be the best combination, so maybe water and earth?