We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Dividing super-powers into the Four Elements!

isabelwhatx

[21]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    I don't think Telekinesis can be seperated into one of the four element. Telekinesis is where one uses their mind to manipulate something such as moving or levitating an object, with their mind of course. It's all about using the mind not the body.

SPIRITBENDING!
    Sorry Isabel, we are keeping this within the four (original) elements of nature.

How are you though?

I'm epic
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ThisCrazyGuy

[22]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    I don't think Telekinesis can be seperated into one of the four element. Telekinesis is where one uses their mind to manipulate something such as moving or levitating an object, with their mind of course. It's all about using the mind not the body.

SPIRITBENDING!
    Sorry Isabel, we are keeping this within the four (original) elements of nature.

How are you though?

I'm epic
    Thought so... LOL.

Bye Issy!

Alpha1Niner

[23]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Alpha1Niner wrote:
    I think if Telekinesis were to be seperated into one of the four elements of nature, Fire would be it's home... Would it make Firebending to powerful? HELL YEAH! Is it realistic? I think so. Does it matter, considering this is just fantasy imagination? No.

I liked your Invisibility idea by the way.

^ Thanks. I agree IF telekinesis HAD to be seperated, then it would go with firebending.

ThisCrazyGuy

[24]Nov 5, 2008
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Alpha1Niner wrote:
    I think if Telekinesis were to be seperated into one of the four elements of nature, Fire would be it's home... Would it make Firebending to powerful? HELL YEAH! Is it realistic? I think so. Does it matter, considering this is just fantasy imagination? No.

I liked your Invisibility idea by the way.

^ Thanks. I agree IF telekinesis HAD to be seperated, then it would go with firebending.

ThisCrazyGuy

[25]Nov 6, 2008
    Ashley11292 wrote:

Power to freeze > Water

X-Ray vision > Air

Telekinises > Air

I also don't see what link X-Ray Vision has with Airbending... You can base your answering this thread, on things from, Science (Scientifically speaking and using proved facts/Realistic views of the four forces of nature), Religion, and even Mythology! It all depends on what kind of Human Being you are and how you portray the four elements, and it is totally up to you, but I am almost incapable of seeing the logic between X-Ray Vision linking Airbending (or just the Air element alone)...

Also, Waterbenders are already Ice masters...

Edited on 11/06/2008 7:56am

ThisCrazyGuy

[26]Nov 7, 2008
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    invisiblity > air
    Hey, could you explain your answer?

Alpha1Niner

[27]Nov 7, 2008
    ^Sure. By bending the air around you in a way that it changes the medium of that air, which is 1.0, to your medium, which is very high, then you will appear invisible to anyone looking at you. It's like a rainbow. Rainbows are formed from refracted light in the tiny rain drops. 96% of the light goes right through the drop and 4% returns to the observer, showing the rainbow, but if an even greater percentage refracted back to the observer then the rainbow would appear more solid and much brighter and you wouldn't be able to see what's behind it. As I'm saying this I think invisibility could also be catagorized with water as well, the bender could create thousands of little raindrops changing the medium of them as well refracting all light shown at them. Kewl. But, with air if you're able to create an air with a high enough medium, so that the light coming towards it bounces back at the critical angle, then the observer will not see the bender. It's like a mirror.

Count_Dracula08

[28]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 6

I wonder what force fields can be fitted into as an elemental category... Earth? That uses a lot of strength and force.

And as for the telekenesis thing, Air sounds good too, because if you use air bending and it is strong enough it could move some light objects like a potted plant or a ball! And besides, If there is a boulder sitting on top of a air vent on the ground and there's another exit, you could send the air through and have it go to the other vent to levitate the rock just like what Aang did in the episode: Imprisoned!

isabelwhatx

[29]Nov 7, 2008
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    ^Sure. By bending the air around you in a way that it changes the medium of that air, which is 1.0, to your medium, which is very high, then you will appear invisible to anyone looking at you. It's like a rainbow. Rainbows are formed from refracted light in the tiny rain drops. 96% of the light goes right through the drop and 4% returns to the observer, showing the rainbow, but if an even greater percentage refracted back to the observer then the rainbow would appear more solid and much brighter and you wouldn't be able to see what's behind it. As I'm saying this I think invisibility could also be catagorized with water as well, the bender could create thousands of little raindrops changing the medium of them as well refracting all light shown at them. Kewl. But, with air if you're able to create an air with a high enough medium, so that the light coming towards it bounces back at the critical angle, then the observer will not see the bender. It's like a mirror.

But light, technically, is just released energy from the electrons as they jump from the different atomic orbitals. So wouldn't it be fire?

Alpha1Niner

[30]Nov 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    But light, technically, is just released energy from the electrons as they jump from the different atomic orbitals. So wouldn't it be fire?
    No, you would be bending the medium, (air or water), in which light travels through or at. The medium would change and the light would bounce back preventing the observer to actually see the bender. Light, however, is completely different. I suppose a firebender could bend light. ??? Maybe.
    Edited on 11/08/2008 1:35am
    Edited 2 total times.

isabelwhatx

[31]Nov 8, 2008
    But that's what things are, simply light reflected into your eyes. That's why you can never see things in the dark. If we can control the amount of light reflecting into someone's eyes or how much light an object is emitting we can control whether or not the person sees it.

ThisCrazyGuy

[32]Nov 8, 2008
    Count_Dracula08 wrote:

I wonder what force fields can be fitted into as an elemental category... Earth? That uses a lot of strength and force.

And as for the telekenesis thing, Air sounds good too, because if you use air bending and it is strong enough it could move some light objects like a potted plant or a ball! And besides, If there is a boulder sitting on top of a air vent on the ground and there's another exit, you could send the air through and have it go to the other vent to levitate the rock just like what Aang did in the episode: Imprisoned!

Yes, but, as I said before, you can't just say that because both of the two are based on invisible forces moving objects, that they are the same... There is no logic in that, and it is unfair...

Also, Force Fields... I'll have more on that later.

Edited on 11/08/2008 5:05am

ThisCrazyGuy

[33]Nov 8, 2008
    Firebending/Fire element > Invisibility.

ThisCrazyGuy

[34]Nov 8, 2008
    Firebenders, bend Heat and Energy... They are two things that come from Fire/The Sun (and Stars)... So, why not bend Light as well, as that comes from the same place?

ThisCrazyGuy

[35]Nov 8, 2008

It's all well and good saying Water and Air fit Invisibility, but where does the Light that enables Invisibility come from?

TitanPredator

[36]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    Spazdog wrote:

invulnerability > Earth I guess

also where would transforming into a super sayian fit?

Super sayian would be like the avatar state. So I quest only for the avatar

ThisCrazyGuy

[37]Nov 8, 2008
    Isabel, when you get on here, could you state what element you think Invisibility would class under?

isabelwhatx

[38]Nov 8, 2008
    I believe that fire would be invisibility, but only because firebending is the bending of energy.

ThisCrazyGuy

[39]Nov 9, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    Firebenders, bend Heat and Energy... They are two things that come from Fire/The Sun (and Stars)... So, why not bend Light as well, as that comes from the same place?
    I think this makes a fair amount of sense as well.

Spazdog

[40]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 7

I rather bend Lightning