We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Did you name any of your pets after any avatar character????

isabelwhatx

[61]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    Ahahahahahaa. That's so awesome. I want to get a new pet just to name it after Avatar. I might have to take up on that name a rock The Boulder thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[62]Aug 11, 2008
    I'm getting a pug and naming it Momo. NO JOKE. (That's the sad part.)

TitanPredator

[63]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    Axrendale wrote:

TitanPredator, I feel that we are destined to disagree on everything forever

Cookies if you get the reference.

I once had a friend who named his goat Zhao. In a massively strange coincidence, the goat was attacked and eaten by a particularly ferocious Jack Russel Terrier about a month after SoTH first aired.

True story.

Yup, I feel to that we are destined to disagree. But that makes the discussions quite intresting. But I get you point about Azula, but I still think it's also insulting to call a pet to one of the other main characters, if it's also insulting to call it Azula.

Weird story about the goat. But was he realy eaten by the dog, or only killed?

Jackson5050

[64]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 12
    Azula is different than the other main characters. She is on a higher level of awesome when compared to the other main characters. If I could describe Azula with one word, I would have to use the made-up word, scrumtrulescent. Definition of scrumtrulescent: so great that any other word employed would be woefully insufficient, and would serve only to limit the sheer magnitude of the greatness intended by the descriptor.

isabelwhatx

[65]Aug 11, 2008
    TitanPredator wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

I once had a friend who named his goat Zhao. In a massively strange coincidence, the goat was attacked and eaten by a particularly ferocious Jack Russel Terrier about a month after SoTH first aired.

True story.

Yup, I feel to that we are destined to disagree. But that makes the discussions quite intresting. But I get you point about Azula, but I still think it's also insulting to call a pet to one of the other main characters, if it's also insulting to call it Azula.

It's not the fact that Azula is a main character. Aang, Katara, Zuko, Sokka, and the rest of the gAang haven't had as much of an impact on major fans as Azula has. She is by far the most interesting. It's hard to explain.

TitanPredator

[66]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

True story.

It's not the fact that Azula is a main character. Aang, Katara, Zuko, Sokka, and the rest of the gAang haven't had as much of an impact on major fans as Azula has. She is by far the most interesting. It's hard to explain.

Well, not everybody likes Azula as much as you and Jackson5050 do. My favorite is Jeong Jeong for example. And I find it realy hard to explain . It's just about the small details about the character's personality. But my point is, not everybody is a great Azula fan. Some people even hate her. So it's just an opinion. You guys like her very much. I do to, but not as much as you probably

isabelwhatx

[67]Aug 11, 2008
    I'm not an Azula fan, actually. My favourite character is Aang. But that doesn't dismiss the fact that Azula is interesting. You may hate her, you may love her, or you might not even care. But the truth is is that she's by far the most interesting character psychotically. Her personality is unique and fun to decipher.

Bunnygirl

[68]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 10

Jackson5050 wrote:
    Azula is different than the other main characters. She is on a higher level of awesome when compared to the other main characters. If I could describe Azula with one word, I would have to use the made-up word, scrumtrulescent. Definition of scrumtrulescent: so great that any other word employed would be woefully insufficient, and would serve only to limit the sheer magnitude of the greatness intended by the descriptor.

I'm sorry but even with that definition, "scrumtrulescent" sounds like how you'd describe a particularly delicious cookie.

isabelwhatx

[69]Aug 11, 2008
    COOKIES?! WHERE?! WHERE!? *searches for cookies* Who said something about cookies? WHERE ARE THEY?!

Axrendale

[70]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    Bunnygirl wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:

I'm sorry but even with that definition, "scrumtrulescent" sounds like how you'd describe a particularly delicious cookie.

A good cookie or piece of chocolate has been scientifivally proven to evoke the same response from the male brain as when said male is making love. Hence the association with Azula

[71]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 9

when i get my girl dog...should i name it:

Yue - 10

Suki - 10

Toph - 10

Katara - 10

How about you vote cuz i need help!!!! Basically do hurt or heal madness....heal ___ hurt ____

thanks

isabelwhatx

[72]Aug 11, 2008
    What type of dog?

Jackson5050

[73]Aug 11, 2008
    To me, Toph is the most doglike out of those four characters, so I would name her Toph.

isabelwhatx

[74]Aug 11, 2008
    Actually, Suki would be the best, because dogs apparently respond better to the "s" sound.

Jackson5050

[75]Aug 11, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Actually, Suki would be the best, because dogs apparently respond better to the "s" sound.
    Cesar Millan, is that you?

isabelwhatx

[76]Aug 11, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Cesar Millan, is that you?

Lmao. He's so weird His accent freaks me out.

[77]Aug 11, 2008
    i think im gonna name it Toph...cuz yes...that does sound most dog like.....except my sister is fed up with the obsessive avatar stuff....i want a boy dog more....and id name it zuko or iroh!!!!!!!!! how funny!!!!
    Edited on 08/11/2008 9:51pm

isabelwhatx

[78]Aug 11, 2008
    Tell your sister to shove it and then show her the light that is Avatar.

Jackson5050

[79]Aug 11, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Yeah, I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly.

[80]Aug 11, 2008

Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Yeah, I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly.

you mean make her watch my dvd's of avatar????

i talked my mom into watching avatar once a week....chroologically....(our next one is the solstice part 1)!!!!!! but my sister too???!!!?????!!!! thats too good to be true!!!!