We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Did you name any of your pets after any avatar character????

kelalala_121

[21]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 16
    If I get me another dog, and I want to, has to be female and either a husky or a german shepherd and I will name her Azula.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[22]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    Ahahaha. You'll jinx the dog.

KingofSpades209

[23]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    Isn't there a dog that goes insane overtime? You can name that dog Azula

Jackson5050

[24]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 12
    kelalala_121 wrote:
    If I get me another dog, and I want to, has to be female and either a husky or a german shepherd and I will name her Azula.
    Please, and I am being serious, do not denigrate Azula by naming a dog after her. That would be similar to naming your dog Martin Luther King Jr. or George Washington; it is disrespectful.

isabelwhatx

[25]Aug 10, 2008
    Lmao. Jackson5050, some people aren't as hxc Azula fans as you. They can't fully appreciate her. Don't take it too personally.

Dafoose

[26]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 19
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I named my pet rock "The Boulder."

Epic.

isabelwhatx

[27]Aug 10, 2008
    LMAO. I didn't see that one. Good idea, man. Nice match.

TitanPredator

[28]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 5

Jackson5050 wrote:
    kelalala_121 wrote:
    Please, and I am being serious, do not denigrate Azula by naming a dog after her. That would be similar to naming your dog Martin Luther King Jr. or George Washington; it is disrespectful.

Well, in that case it is also disrespectfull to call a pett Suki or Zuko or whatever avatar character. Azula is not more important then any of the other character. In fact, she is just a sadistic wannabee dictator. And Azula is certainly not more important than Martin Luther King, or any other real person.

isabelwhatx

[29]Aug 11, 2008
    TitanPredator wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    kelalala_121 wrote:

Well, in that case it is also disrespectfull to call a pett Suki or Zuko or whatever avatar character. Azula is not more important then any of the other character. In fact, she is just a sadistic wannabee dictator. And Azula is certainly not more important than Martin Luther King, or any other real person.

Dude, WRONG thing to say to Jackson5050. Prepare to get lectured about the greatness of Azula. And she is much more significant than the other characters. But I'll let the crazed Azula fans do the talking.

TitanPredator

[30]Aug 11, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    kelalala_121 wrote:

Dude, WRONG thing to say to Jackson5050. Prepare to get lectured about the greatness of Azula. And she is much more significant than the other characters. But I'll let the crazed Azula fans do the talking.

Okey, but does he realy not understand that Azula is just a wannabee dictator. And doesn't he realizes that people in the real world are always more important than made up persons?

isabelwhatx

[31]Aug 11, 2008
    Stop while you can. And she absolutely is NOT a wannabe dictator.

Dafoose

[32]Aug 11, 2008
    TitanPredator wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    kelalala_121 wrote:

Okey, but does he realy not understand that Azula is just a wannabee dictator. And doesn't he realizes that people in the real world are always more important than made up persons?

-_-
    We name our pets after Avatar because we love Avatar.

End of story.

TitanPredator

[33]Aug 11, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:

Okey, she may not be a wannabee dictator. She IS a sadistic dictator. But she still is not equaly important as a REAL, NOT MADE UP person.

Dafoose

[34]Aug 11, 2008
    TitanPredator wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

Okey, she may not be a wannabee dictator. She IS a sadistic dictator. But she still is not equaly important as a REAL, NOT MADE UP person.

Again,

We name our pets after Avatar because we think Avatar is awesome.
    End of story.

And Azula was a very important character. She wasn't a dictator dude, she never had any power. Get over already. Ozai was the dictator.

She was half a dictator: She used fear to control people, but she did not choose to control everyone.

TitanPredator

[35]Aug 11, 2008
    Dafoose wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

Again, We name our pets after Avatar because we think Avatar is awesome. End of story. And Azula was a very important character. She wasn't a dictator dude, she never had any power. Get over already. Ozai was the dictator. She was half a dictator: She used fear to control people, but she did not choose to control everyone.

Yeah, I understand why you name pets after avatar. I don't think that's bad. But someone here on this forum said that naming a pet after Azula is disgracing and that it's the same as calling a dog Marting Luther King. But it's not the same since Azula is made up and Martin Luther King was a real person with real feelings and not the feelings that the creators of avatar made up for her.

isabelwhatx

[36]Aug 11, 2008
    TitanPredator wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

I didn't say she was equally as important as a real person, so don't argue with ME. I'm just warning you about your soon-to-be-flamed future.

TitanPredator

[37]Aug 11, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

I didn't say she was equally as important as a real person, so don't argue with ME. I'm just warning you about your soon-to-be-flamed future.

Okey, but my point was just to Jackson5050 that Azula is not as important as a real perosn like Matin Luther King or any other real person. That was my point. And what do you mean with soon-to-be-flamed future? And another queation: was that with Martin Luther King just a bad comparison of Jackson5050 or does he realy think she's as important as a real person?

Edited on 08/11/2008 10:02am

isabelwhatx

[38]Aug 11, 2008
    1. Flaming means that someone is insulting you over the internet, basically. I can't think of a better way to describe it.

2. I think he was just saying that you wouldn't disgrace someone so important by naming your dog after him/her. It was just a very strong comparison.

TitanPredator

[39]Aug 11, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    1. Flaming means that someone is insulting you over the internet, basically. I can't think of a better way to describe it.
    2. I think he was just saying that you wouldn't disgrace someone so important by naming your dog after him/her. It was just a very strong comparison.

Okey, but I don't think that calling a pet Azula is insulting. But calling it Marting Luther King is insulting, I think. I mean, Azula doesn't exist in real life, so it isn't insulting. And I admid she is an important character, and she is quite awesome, but calling a pet Azula is not a disgrace. It's more like a tribute I guess.

[40]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 9

okay guys!!! get back on topic!!! enough with the azula/dictator thing!!!! talk about your pets that relate to avatar!!!!

thanks.....i just dont want this to be locked