We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

Eman5805

[101]May 20, 2010
    • level: 14
    katrah88 wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:

Dude. Where's Zuko's mom? o.O

Tch. Do you REALLY think something worth only a single episode of effort on the creators part is worthy of a mini-series spinoff? Leave that noise to fanfics.

Extremely wishful thinking here but maybe they would have something like they did during the s2-s3 hiatus where they had those special little clips online featuring the four Avatars of Christmas' Past when Aang was unconscious.

*looks around* What, no? You say they're past that and it'll just be a bunch of speculation from here on out? Oh, ok then. So, not even an extension off the third movie for Zuko's mother? Maybe? Wait, really you think so?! Oh, you were just joking? No, no, I'm okay. I'm not even a little upset. Nope, not at all. No-sir-ree bob, not me. *sulks*

Wat
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bunnygirl

[102]May 20, 2010
    • level: 10
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Have we already seen pop-up editions of season 3 episodes? if so i'm calling that in 3x21 there will be a pop-up saying "Bryan decided not to show everyone what happened to Zuko's mom - Mike" XD

No, they only did season 1, last year, i think. But, yeah, they're definitely going to do something like that. or something like "Zuko's mom is actually..." and they never finish the pop-up. At least M. Night said that he would show where Ursa is. Assuming the first movie does well enough to get movies 2 and 3.

qijong

[103]May 22, 2010
    • level: 1

If M. Night showed where was Ursa, it wouldn't be considered canon because it wasn't showed in the series. May be Nick will show it so M. Night could add it to the movies and then it would be considered canon.

Edited on 05/22/2010 12:00pm

Bunnygirl

[104]May 23, 2010

So Viacom has filed papers for a show called Avatar: The Legend of Korra. The name sounds very water-tribe so possibly the avatar right after Aang? Or maybe the first Avatar, who happened to be from the water tribe, who knows. It's a pretty gender-ambiguous so it could be male or female. I just hope Korra's not like Aang and Katara's kid because that would be crazy.

Edited on 05/22/2010 11:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

edmasterchaos

[105]May 23, 2010
    • level: 41
    Korra, hmm... that is indeed a very Water-nationish name, i'd say a very old one. Maybe it has to do with a waterbender that invents bending! O:

AllieAllie

[106]May 23, 2010
    • level: 22

SOunds interesting. Maybe it is about the first Avatar like Bunnygirl said

edmasterchaos

[107]May 23, 2010
    I'm now leaning for a guy who invents all bending and is also an Avatar, the first one to discover he's such since, y'know, the only quality of an Avatar is controlling all the kung fu in the world.

CrimsonCy

[108]May 23, 2010
    • level: 7

cool story bro

WWinnieF

[109]May 24, 2010
    • level: 20
    Bunnygirl wrote:

I just hope Korra's not like Aang and Katara's kid because that would be crazy.

How so? The next in line after Aang would be a water Avatar, since Aang was an airbender , Roku was a firebender, and the sequence is Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. Besides, although the creators did say that say that Aang's story is over, that doesn't mean the GAang wouldn't make a cameo or appear in some form.

Bunnygirl

[110]May 24, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:
    Bunnygirl wrote:

How so? The next in line after Aang would be a water Avatar, since Aang was an airbender , Roku was a firebender, and the sequence is Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. Besides, although the creators did say that say that Aang's story is over, that doesn't mean the GAang wouldn't make a cameo or appear in some form.

No, I didn't mean the cycle, I meant that if Korra was a Kataang baby it would just be really odd on a lot of levels. Aang would have to die seconds before Korra was born and him just being reborn as his own child would be weird. It would be like a bad fanfic.

edmasterchaos

[111]May 24, 2010
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    WWinnieF wrote:
    Bunnygirl wrote:

No, I didn't mean the cycle, I meant that if Korra was a Kataang baby it would just be really odd on a lot of levels. Aang would have to die seconds before Korra was born and him just being reborn as his own child would be weird. It would be like a bad fanfic.
    This. Oh god this.

katrah88

[112]May 24, 2010
    • level: 11
    Eman5805 wrote:
    katrah88 wrote:
    My failed attempt at humor.

Wat

Yea... just leave it.

On another note, I would prefer Korra have as little connection to Kataang as possible.

_Flutterlight_

[113]May 24, 2010
    • level: 15
    I think this is going to be like what Bryke has been saying in the past: they're doing another story from the Avatar world, but it has nothing to do with Aang and Zuko, because their stories are over.

katrah88

[114]May 24, 2010
    ^That. I'd hope they would go further into the Spirit World (possibly giving us an answer to why Iroh was able to go--without actual mention of him, maybe a nod to him).

pFalavolito

[115]May 25, 2010
    • level: 2

If they make a new Avatar, i hope its set at a different time period, with completely new characters and everything. the last avatar was perfect, and i wouldnt want it to be ruined in anyway by continuing on.

AllieAllie

[116]May 25, 2010
    • level: 22

I agree that it shouldn't be Aang and Katara's kid. IMO that would be pretty lame and it would be kind of wierd and illogical. Like someone else said, Aang would have to die seconds before his kid is born for that to happen.

pFalavolito

[117]May 25, 2010
    • level: 2
    but im sure that if they were to make it aang's and katara's kid they would tie in some kind of weird back story so that aang wouldnt have to die or something

edmasterchaos

[118]May 25, 2010
    But, Aang and Katara's son being a main character in an avatar series sounds like a very very bad fanfic o-o

katrah88

[119]May 25, 2010
    pFalavolito wrote:
    but im sure that if they were to make it aang's and katara's kid they would tie in some kind of weird back story so that aang wouldnt have to die or something

The only way I could see Aang not dying is if he found a way to get rid of his powers. Just, no.

WWinnieF

[120]May 27, 2010
    • level: 20
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    But, Aang and Katara's son being a main character in an avatar series sounds like a very very bad fanfic o-o
    So? A lot of beloved franchises end up like bad fanfics sooner or later, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen to The Last AirBender now that it has a movie to its name for Hollywood to exploit. I wouldn't want the franchise to take that course, but I wouldn't be too shocked if it did.