We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

Miroku_of_Nite1

[61]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 17
    I'd like a series set during the time the Avatar was away. It could be sort of like the Old Republic era of the Avatar world.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[62]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 41
    Me too, but Zuko's mom and how the hell there will be balance when the new Avatars will suck need to be explainedd.

_Flutterlight_

[63]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 15
    Plus, we never found out how Iroh got to the Spirit world. (We know he went there at least once... He saw Spirit Aang riding Roku's dragon). Or any details about what happened to Lu Ten.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[64]May 1, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Me too, but Zuko's mom and how the hell there will be balance when the new Avatars will suck need to be explainedd.

Given probably 300 more years the Airbenders should return.

edmasterchaos

[65]May 1, 2010
    Yeah, but that'd mean that during it there'd be two avatars who'll be lame, and they'd be sad for that. Very sad. And all the cool avatars would make fun of them.

gilvatar

[66]May 1, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Yeah, but that'd mean that during it there'd be two avatars who'll be lame, and they'd be sad for that. Very sad. And all the cool avatars would make fun of them.
    Why can;t Aang's kids teach them?

edmasterchaos

[67]May 1, 2010

Well, the odds would be a bit against him, and, without applying Incest who knows how long the airbenders from Aang's smexy life would last, that's without saying how an unnormal life Aang would have to apply to his sons so they become true Airnomads that have enough spiritual power or whatever to be air benders a life where Aang would have to raise them like he was raised, AKA no mother, and he's the avatar so who knows how much time he can actually afford to do so.

_Flutterlight_

[68]May 1, 2010
    Didn't Bryke tell us that there would be no more airbenders ever, because it was "Avatar the LAST airbender"?

Then again, they said that there wouldn't be a fourth season too...

I guess more airbenders might be possible... Katara's a waterbender even though her parents and grandparents weren't benders, so it's clear the bending gene can skip at least two generations and still show up.

WWinnieF

[69]May 2, 2010
    • level: 20
    Whether or not there's another set of airnomads coming or not, I doubt Aang or Katara would want to force any children they might have into a harsh life when there's peace existing at the present time. Besides, didn't the creators already say that the GAang's story is over? That means that another new character would have to surface or that a background character from the original series would have to be given the spotlight.

edmasterchaos

[70]May 2, 2010
    I'd like to bring attention to Flutter's post, second line specifically. Right now anything Bryke ever said isn't fully trustworthy, who knows what kind of sneaky things they're planning for this season, maybe there will be airbenders, maybe Aang is infact the last one, right now we don't know what to believe.

WWinnieF

[71]May 2, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    I'd like to bring attention to Flutter's post, second line specifically. Right now anything Bryke ever said isn't fully trustworthy, who knows what kind of sneaky things they're planning for this season, maybe there will be airbenders, maybe Aang is infact the last one, right now we don't know what to believe.
    Right. So, let's just take things with a grain of salt.

_Flutterlight_

[72]May 2, 2010
    I guess we're back to desperately waiting for more information...

MarWash

[73]May 2, 2010
    • level: 31
    I think you guys are taking "The Last Airbender" portion of the title waaaay too literally. Aang is the last airbender only because while he was in the glacier, the Nomads were wiped out... this does not mean that there weren't hundreds of thousands of children born into the world with the aptitude for airbending. The only reason there aren't any airbenders besides Aang, is because no one has been around to turn that natural ability into skill.

It's completely possible that since Aang is now in tune with nature and can energybend, he can seek out people who have the latent airbending talent. This of course is pure speculation, but it would only make sense that if he can find those people, he would create a new Air Temple and reintroduce airbending into the world.

_Flutterlight_

[74]May 2, 2010
    We're taking it seriously because Bryke specifically said in an interview that after Aang there would be no more airbenders. They also specifically said that there was not going to be a fourth season, and Zuko and Aang's stories were over.

That's why were all so skeptical of this recent news.

MarWash

[75]May 2, 2010
    I'm not arguing what's been said in the past, all I'm saying is that the creators reserve the right to change their minds. Eric Kripke said there would only be 5 seasons of Supernatural, George Lucas said there would only be 3 Star Wars movies, James Cameron said there would only be 3 terminator films... as we know, all of those are untrue. With that in mind, i offered a possible storyline, one that you do not have to agree with.

edmasterchaos

[76]May 2, 2010
    Ok then, i don't agree with your storyline. Also i would appreciate if you don't start post with "I think you guys are taking "The Last Airbender" portion of the title waaaay too literally." sure Bryke can change their minds, but until they do so it's confirmed that "Aang is the LAST airbender."

MarWash

[77]May 2, 2010
    lol, i would appreciate it if you didn't tell me what i could start a sentence with. I made that statement in the context of there possibly being another season, not as a definitive or foregone conclusion of what WILL happen.

WWinnieF

[78]May 2, 2010
    :
    George Lucas said there would only be 3 Star Wars movies
    Actually, no. He had said from the start that the first three were actually later movies to his saga, so he really had planned to have six films from the very start. In the case of Aang, until we hear otherwise, he is The LAST Airbender and his story (along with Zuko's) would be over.

katrah88

[79]May 4, 2010
    • level: 11
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Why are the old users getting out of the mines?! >/

jk jk i love to see ya guys back

Because the movie is near and that signifies enough time for Bryke to focus on other prospects--such as, MOAR AVATARZ! Older fans know this and check in when it feels 'right'? It's like an "Avatar-sense" if you will.

In short... we just KNOW!

edmasterchaos

[80]May 4, 2010
    Holy cow! You even enter the Zombie category! You're a classic! btw, you can say classic now, we got style ;D