We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

who will be the last Screaming Gaffer standing?

who will be the last one

imverybasic

[41]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 16

I still believe that it is possible. Chris said that no one could vote Courtney off and I assume that it's going to continue. If Courtney didn't have the power to sue the show, then she wouldn't have a purpose for returning. She has come back for revenge and since she's not so much as a strong competetor (no offense to Courtney fans), the only way that she could get her revenge on everybody is that if she files against the show to increase her chances of winning. If she didn't have a safety net, she could get voted off early and then there would be no purpose.

Justin could very well continue his role as the antagonist, although where we last left off, he seemed to have lost his charm then.

Over the last few episodes, Justin has only specialized himself into manipulating other players. He has had no real strategy into competing in additon, Lindsay and Beth have grown to see through his act. The only factor that makes Justin seem like a threat is his charm and model good looks, but since everyone has come to realize that it was just a mere, temporary attraction distraction, it thus makes it difficult for Justin to survive. Courtney, on the other hand not only has come prepared with shielding, but also has maintained her original motive in place. I think and in the words of the collective on the board: Courtney would do anything to win. She has pulled acts of trickery, has stolen a hot air balloon, and in addition, can hold a grudge for an extended period of time. So as long as she has the lawsuit, me thinks she's invincible this season, compared to Justin who can only get things off of his good looks, since it's beginning to ware down for most of the competetors, Justin's chances for winning are gradually slimming. I assume that Courtney may outlast him and become the new villian. This show is compelling for it's uncanny unpredictability, so it's anybody's game. Although, between Courtney and Justin, it's debatable to determine who will outlast the other.

Edited on 07/15/2009 5:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

somewierdkid

[42]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    you know,I think that either Duncan or Harold will last longest. and not 'cause Heather/LeShawna are expected to leave soon.
    i'm thinking one of them will win, too.
    ok, Owen won last season, right? He was a gopher. i think that the winner will be a bass member, like there would be a g,b,g,b pattern with the winners. you know, since gophers won last season, bass win this one. i know u r like "dude the teams r gaffers & grips!" but i think it will be an order based on "who was on what team originally?". and since(as far as i know) Duncan, Harold,& Courtney are the only original bass team members left, one of them will win.
    thank you.

MisterVoid

[43]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 15

BomberFman34 wrote:
    Why is it that everyone seems to think that Courtney can sue the show whenever she wants to? She already won a case on them and I'm pretty sure the judge isnt going to continually allow Courtney to win cases against them for every little thing that happened to her. The Bottom Line: Courtney can't sue anymore...

Having won a lawsuit doesn't mean you can't win another, and if Courtney finds more things to complain about, then she can and will sue again. But she can't sue for trivial things, otherwise her case will get thrown out; if she gets eliminated legitamitely, then she's gone, for good, never to return... ever!

imverybasic wrote:
    Chris said that no one could vote Courtney off and I assume that it's going to continue.

He said it was for that week; it wouldn't be fair to the other competitors if Courtney had some kind of extended immunity. I imagine the one-time immunity was granted to give her time to integrate with her team, and not get booted out in case they formed a clique and blamed a loss on the newcomer, which is exactly what happened. And after getting sued the first time, Chris and the show will be watching out for anything that could trigger another lawsuit; so while a threat of a lawsuit will come up again, and might get Courtney some leverage, it's not going to get her to the end.

Edited on 07/19/2009 9:56am

snkcole06

[44]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    i think she'll only last til the final 3 cause thats when her laywers get tired of her then she'll be able to get eliminated

imverybasic

[45]Jul 19, 2009

MisterVoid wrote:
    He said it was for that week; it wouldn't be fair to the other competitors if Courtney had some kind of extended immunity. I imagine the one-time immunity was granted to give her time to integrate with her team, and not get booted out in case they formed a clique and blamed a loss on the newcomer, which is exactly what happened. And after getting sued the first time, Chris and the show will be watching out for anything that could trigger another lawsuit; so while a threat of a lawsuit will come up again, and might get Courtney some leverage, it's not going to get her to the end.

Right. But it's like you said, it was a one timer thing and if Courtney could take it as an advantage whether getting extended immunity or filing another lawsuit for any trivial reason, she could get by. I take it that she has come more prepared, so if not for the lawsuit, I can still see her making it to the end.

TDMe

[46]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 7

snkcole06 wrote:
    i think she'll only last til the final 3 cause thats when her laywers get tired of her then she'll be able to get eliminated

If her lawyers quit they wont get paid

See the issue here

alagaesian

[47]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 12
    Possible reasons why Courtney could survive until the final four that do not involve lawyers, lawsuits, or any combination thereof:

-She's INSANE (and therefore, good at challenges).
    -Duncan.
    -Induction into Justin's man-candy alliance.
    -Extortion on Harold (and/or other characters).
    -The strange protection that surrounds all powerful antagonists and keeps them from being voted out until the last few rounds.

The_Cartoon

[48]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 20
    It's tough to say. I have a feeling that the two will end up being friends, but I think that Duncan's karma will hit him and he will be voted out before Harold. Actually, I think both have a possible chance at winning.

HaydenAvery

[49]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 21
    harold has the higher chance.

shishkabob999

[50]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 9
    alagaesian wrote:
    -The strange protection that surrounds all powerful antagonists and keeps them from being voted out until the last few rounds.

That's the only reason I'm tolerating Courtney flaunting her antagonist powers and such - I only hope it sets her up for a great fall. Especially since unlike Heather, everyone really knows from the start she's doing all this.

Riankg

[51]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

That's the only reason I'm tolerating Courtney flaunting her antagonist powers and such - I only hope it sets her up for a great fall. Especially since unlike Heather, everyone really knows from the start she's doing all this.

Totally agree, Courtney will have a big fall.

facebookfan

[52]Sep 28, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Probably Harold. This season's development gives him the possibility to latch onto a long-term plotline and stay until the finale.

LeShawna is waiting for karma to bite her, and so is Duncan. He could very well perish and the hands of Courtney.

Heather, I can't see her making it far past the merge.

But Harold is the staple for the complex Gaffer net of hate and conflict. He has to stay until every other Gaffer has been voted off.

I agree. Besides, I can't imagine Duncan making it to the final 4 again.

imverybasic

[53]Sep 28, 2009

Riankg wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

That would be the highlight of the entire series.

facebookfan

[54]Sep 28, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    Harold is in the final 4!!! with justin beth and courtney according to the lame o game. who else would win. its either him or beth because an underdog has to win. also harold has a lot more screen time than justin courtney and beth.so theres the evidence!

what's the lame-o-game?

somewierdkid

[55]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 5
    imverybasic wrote:

Riankg wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:

That would be the highlight of the entire series.

you mean like Heather's "mishap" and (to others, not me) Gwen and Trent getting back together?
    or Owen somehow winning TDI? (YYYYYEEEESSSSS!!!)