We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who is tolerable: Heather or Courtney?

Who is more tolerable as a villain?

kitendoc

[21]Oct 28, 2009
    • level: 25
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Courtney should make a T-shirt that says: "I whined and whined for a prize, and all I got was a bag of cheese puffs."

Deserving of a prize or not, it wasn't a part of the challenge in which you get the prize. Heck, it was pretty much just the intro to the challenge.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I really think Courtney is worse than Heather, but at the same time, Heather was a better villian.

I think the shirt idea is pretty funny, but any way, I don't think that getting a prize for one part of a challenge was part of the challenge, but Courtney was just whining for a prize. However, I will say this, at least when Heather tries to get a prize, she does it by playing the rules and using "magnificent" tactics to get her prize. At least she didn't try to sue. In my honest opinion, I think Heather's a way better villain than Courtney. If I can match Heather's evil with any villain, it would be Light Yagami from Death Note. But Courtney? She's more like Angelica Pickles from Rugrats: a spoiled brat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tigerty101

[22]Oct 28, 2009
    • level: 15

I liked watching Heather's plans unfold and then seeing how the other characters reacted. Then when she got hurt, or picked on by the other characters, I didn't really care that much.

Courtney, the opposite, and I know I'm going to love watching her downfall, or atleast when she's finally eliminated.

UltimatePyro9

[23]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 36
    Heather. She never whined as much as Courtney did.

kitendoc

[24]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 25
    Also, Courtney is basically a Canadian Tsundere, an anime archtype that basically act brash and rude towards the main character (Ducan), but secretly likes him, which is kind of annoying since it doesn't occur to them to admit that they like the main character. What Courtney is basically is a mixture of a Mary Sue and a Tsundere, a very deadly combination. Plus, I find Heather to be more tolerable because she's a manipulative and magnificent villain, almost like a weasel.

Lionheart08

[25]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 30

People hated Heather because she was a good villain. Breaking up Trent/Gwen, stabbing Lindsay in the back, it was her actions that made us dislike her. Even with all her strategy though you never got the feeling that she was "invincible" or "Untouchable" because more than likely some characters always managed to get her back one way or another and she didn't win every challenge.

In the case of Courtney not only has she developed an unlikable personality (for non Courtney fans) but writers has also developed this annoying habit of letting Courtney win every.single.challenge while having everything played into her field. Of course, like any other tv cliche, she's being played up as the spoiled princess right now, so it's fairly obvious she's going to eventually get knocked down to earth.

AcmeAcne

[26]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    Heather without a doubt. Courtneys whole "look at my amazing new talent I suddenly gained with no proper buildup or explaination to beat you losers and win the challenge effortessly, hahaha Im so amazingly talented" thing has really started to bug me of late. Im also irritated how the writers allow her to be unberable b#tch to the others yet give her no comupence like they did to Heather when she got out of line. Thankfully the last episode seems to be breaking down her power over the game and the other castmates and hopefully it will continue on that way.

HaydenAvery

[27]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 21
    i agree with you a lot acme. courtney will most likely make it to the top 3 before her downfall however. and if the 26 ep thing is true. then she should go down in the pirate movie challenge.

iamtunk

[28]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 13
    I actually don't find either annoying, but Heather is awesome!

Courtney actually doesn't win EVERY challenge...just the one's that have an elimination where she can earn immunity.

Grammar_man

[29]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 2

Heather.

Heather was a strategist, and her better-than-you attitude made you love to hate her.She wasn't really that great at challenges in themselves, but won through her intelligence. She was something of a bully, but she got her comeuppance. Every episode, one way or another. I cannot remember her ever actually cheating.

Courtney was just a bossy, inconsiderate bully in season 1. She was pretty human in ability. Now that she's the villain, she almost never gets any comeuppance(what she gets is horribly underpowered, too), she sudden developed mad physical skills out of the blue(while Heather used her brain), and now she's a "master manipulator" too(this I can blame on her competitors being morons, however).

Hmm. Seldom gets any comeuppance, suddenly gained superb physical abilities, just happens to be great at singing, supposedly very attractive with several boys falling for her.

The ONLY things saving her from being a Jerk Sue(See link below) is the fact that we really know she'll fall and fall hard, and that the creators are obviously intending her to be villainous.

Heather was the intelligent, scheming type of villain we love to hate. Courtney's the brawny borderline Jerk Sue that we just find aggravating.

Skyancez

[30]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 14

Another thing is the determination and tactical differences between the two.

Heather was willing to suck jelly from Owen's dirty bellybutton, eat his toejam, shave her head (until change of heart), get mud on her head, freeze to death, break up relationships by manipulating them and using two 'mindless' people to your advantage by being undercover (for the most part anyway). She was smart, like you said but she was also very determined for the money.

Courtney might want the money but she only shows it by anger, self-centering herself or mentioning her lawsuit. She didn't even want to risk being stuck in puke for a few seconds for heaven's sake! ANYONE would have done that for money, let alone THAT much money. She busts up with her 'alliance members' because of her big ego. If Beth won immunity by doing that I would have personally praised her for standing up to me and winning an immunity, thus keeping MY alliance member in the game and voting someone else off instead. But she decided to go solo instead of that and she lost a VITAL member to her team at this stage of the game. That should be a turning point for her, just to prove to the viewers that being selfish in important situations is bad for you and that will teach that nagging egostrical girl that she should had grown a grip and let it go.

TBMSFriday

[31]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    This is "Who's Tolerable" so (despite personal opinions) I will say Heather. That T-Shirt idea was funny, I'd buy it...

They're both tolerable (for the most part) but Heather's more tolerable. So much Courtney hate on here though, give her a break....am I sticking up for a cartoon character....?

n5d25d90

[32]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    This is "Who's Tolerable" so (despite personal opinions) I will say Heather. That T-Shirt idea was funny, I'd buy it...

They're both tolerable (for the most part) but Heather's more tolerable. So much Courtney hate on here though, give her a break....am I sticking up for a cartoon character....?

The Courtney hate goes hand in hand with the Harold hate. I'm sure once one dwindles down a little, the other will follow suit. But we seem to be doing alright at the moment, so I'll leave it at that.

shishkabob999

[33]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 9
    I just hate Courtney less now that I know she isn't above getting what she deserves.

haein45

[34]Apr 13, 2016
    • level: 1

I voted for Heather because even as a Courtney fan myself, I do not like seeing Courtney as a villain and want Courtney and Gwen to befriend each other instead.