We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who is tolerable: Heather or Courtney?

Who is more tolerable as a villain?

kitendoc

[1]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 25
    Who is the more tolerable bad guy in the show? Personally, I think Heather was a tolerable bad guy on TDI because at least she used strategy to win unlike Courtney, who would just put herself for the prize and let the others get hurt for her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[2]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 9
    You're just providing more fuel for the pro-Courtney vs anti-Courtney people to argue.

But my answer is (duh) Heather.

HaydenAvery

[3]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    heather big time. courtney is the most annoying villain in television history.

imverybasic

[4]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 16

Heather. 'Nuff said.

gideonbernstein

[5]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 45
    imverybasic wrote:

Heather. 'Nuff said.

Ditto. Courtney has become much worse than Heather ever was. At least such chicanery is expected of Heather, but Courtney even betrays her significant other, Duncan, in order to win. Besides, Courtney has something Heather doesn't: a conscinece. Furthermore, Heather seem to be mellowing out a little this season.
    Edited on 10/24/2009 10:36pm

SqueakyYugi

[6]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 13

I like Heather; she's a more believable antagonist since she hasn't gotten stuck into a relationship. Also, she made it to the final 3 without bolstering herself with lawyers or anything, and all her immunities were won fair and square

Still, I voted "both" because the question is "Who is tolerable?" and Courtney is tolerable.

alagaesian

[7]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    Heather was nasty, but she didn't really whine that often. Complain, but not whine. She manipulated and spited people, but these are expected of an antagonist. And, despite her invincibility as the main antagonist, there was always some way to get rid of her. The writers simply avoided these paths, so that the antagonist could stay in the game. Her abilities were flawed, and we all knew it.

Courtney, yeah, she whines. (I wanna prize!) She manipulates and spites, and I'm okay with that, but she's really starting to get on my nerves. She is apparently a perfect strategist with unrealistic physical abilities. She hasn't had to unleash any delicious strategies to keep herself safe, other than getting rid of LeShawna. I was happy at this. But I am not happy with her consistently winning invincibility with Mary-Sue-esque ease. As far as we know, her only flaws are green jello and Duncan. One of these is irrelevant to the show, and another one can also be used as a strength. She just doesn't look human to me...which is one of the reasons why I'm growing to resent her.

Courtney was pretty high on my favorites list even through Million Dollar Babies. Now she's dropping like a rock. So, I think Heather is tolerable, but Courtney is not.

TDMe

[8]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 7
    One Day, Courtney will rule the world. And us trustworthies will be able to live, others will perish.

HaydenAvery

[9]Oct 25, 2009
    however harold will immediately dethrone her. bringing peace and happiness to the world.

Brodoin15

[10]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 20

I like Heather much more than Courtney.

At least when something didn't go Heather's way, she didn't whine, she just changed her strategy. Courtney whines when she doesn't get a prize in a non-prize getting part of the challenge.

And I don't like how Courtney is winning everything, while still whining when things don't go her way. She went from around the middle, yet still respectable spot in how strong she was, to apparently the strongest in TDA. Heather was a better villian, but she didn't win all the time.

Only reason the creators are having Courtney win immunity so much is because they know that the viewers would expect the others to vote her off if she lost immunity.

alagaesian

[11]Oct 25, 2009
    ^ The problem is, we have two people who won't vote her off under usual circumstances. As the number of competitors shrinks, individual votes become more and more valuable. You can't win with three votes when there are ten people...but you CAN win when there's five. So as each round progresses, her alliance with Duncan gets more and more powerful. In the final five, she's already one person away from taking the majority vote. She might be able to manipulate Beth to her purposes, or Owen, and at least tie the vote next round, making her almost safe without even winning invincibility.

Heather, from the final fourteen onward, never had a significant alliance with more than one person at any given time. From the final six onward, she had no apparent alliance with anyone. This greatly reduces her strength in the game. For the most part, she was fighting her way to the top as soon as Beth ditched her. It looks like Courtney is barely breaking a sweat...unless you think she's whining hard enough to do so.

I guess I'm just really ticked off with Courtney because she went from a funny character that I could relate with to a whining character that is downright annoying.

MabinogiFan

[12]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    Why does everyone call her Mary Sue? What does that mean?

Tell me.

alagaesian

[13]Oct 25, 2009
    ^ In fanfiction and unprofessional writing, a Mary-Sue is a perfect female character; strong physical skills, strong mental skills, very useful talents. Often, she is the love interest for more than one boy, and any person that disagrees with her or ticks her off is hurt or humiliated in some way.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what everyone is referring to when they use the term in this context.

shishkabob999

[14]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    Nope, you're right. And as usual, I couldn't have said it better myself.

gideonbernstein

[15]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 45
    At least Heather didn't threaten the lives of her opposition like Courtney twice did.

imverybasic

[16]Oct 25, 2009
    Yep. While I'll admit that all the stunts that Heather pulled in the past where cruel and unjust, she basically scoped any visible weaknesses that she could find in some of her fellow competitors and exploited them against them. Not exactly what I call playing the game fairly, but it was strategy, nonetheless.

nate4123

[17]Oct 25, 2009
    I have to say Heather. She will always be the villain in the series according to what I see. Courtney has just gone crazy and even if I love her so much in the show, I do have to admit she is not herself like I thought she was back in the first season. Her way is much worst than Heathers and i don't think she's going far....

snowedin

[18]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    I like them both, they're both tolerable. But I pick Courtney, she's funny and I don't see how people think she's so annoying. She deserved the prize in Get a Clue, so she asked for it.

HaydenAvery

[19]Oct 27, 2009
    where did you interpret whining as asking?

Brodoin15

[20]Oct 28, 2009
    • level: 20

Courtney should make a T-shirt that says: "I whined and whined for a prize, and all I got was a bag of cheese puffs."

Deserving of a prize or not, it wasn't a part of the challenge in which you get the prize. Heck, it was pretty much just the intro to the challenge.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I really think Courtney is worse than Heather, but at the same time, Heather was a better villian.

Edited on 10/28/2009 2:05pm