We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

What happened to the good old days of Total Drama?

AC

[1]Nov 8, 2013
    • level: 6

What happened to Gwen and Bridgette being friends?
    What happened to Gwen and Geoff being friends?
    What happened to Eva Sadie and Katie?
    What happened to Courtney being nice?
    What happened to her wooden skull?
    What happened to Justin never talking?
    What happened to Heather and LeShawna being enemies?
    What happened to the times when friends were friends, couples were couples, and everyone mutually respected each other?
    What happened to the good old days on the island?

So, what do you miss most about Total Drama Island?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iamtunk

[2]Nov 8, 2013
    • level: 13
    Heather and Leshawna were only friends briefly. I think Leshawna beating the crap out of her probably put them back to being enemies.

As for all that other stuff, well, I don't know. Life goes on, things and people change. It just happens.

I'd have to say though, I miss a lot of the characters they never used much or haven't used much lately. Like Noah or Trent or Justin. I also miss Ezekiel being normal.

skbrettbug

[3]Nov 9, 2013
    • level: 20
    I miss the old 3 seasons. I'm a purist so I loved them much more

UnovaChampion

[4]Nov 10, 2013
    • level: 19
    The show evolved into something better, that's what happened. And just about all of your questions made little to no sense. Justin's allowed to talk and develop, Courtney hopefully burned that skull, Eva/Katie/Sadie were filler characters never meant to do much of anything, and they didn't have huge fanbases so they weren't brought back past season 1. Courtney was never nice, at best she was a hypocritical brat who thought she was better than everyone else there. Heather and Leshawna went back to enemy status I'd assume in World Tour, but I'd of liked it if that turning point from TDA had been kept. Gwen is still friends with Bridgette/Geoff off screen. They still interacted in later seasons. And finally the first season had plenty of conflict, friends and couples still exist in the TD Universe, and mutual respect never existed, it's Total DRAMA. The show is still as strong as ever. And I look forward to more and more new casts and stereotypes to enjoy. That doesn't make it impure just because it grew past using the same old characters over and over. If we stuck to the complete old cast a 4th season in a row, we'd of had another Total Drama Action on our hands.

iamtunk

[5]Nov 10, 2013
    • level: 13

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Heather and Leshawna went back to enemy status I'd assume in World Tour, but I'd of liked it if that turning point from TDA had been kept.

Yeah, me too.

I admit. I miss the old cast and wouldn't have minded if they used them for another season or two. But I understand the need for keeping things fresh. And I do like some of the new cast too.

AC

[6]Nov 15, 2013
    Since when is total drama getting better? The show has only gotten worse ever since Gwen broke up with Trent.

skbrettbug

[7]Nov 16, 2013
    AC wrote:
    Since when is total drama getting better? The show has only gotten worse ever since Gwen broke up with Trent.

It ain't getting better at all. Imo the show jumped the shark in the episode that Sierra got eliminated.

Vegeto30294

[8]Nov 16, 2013
    • level: 11

Because this isn't a friendship show. Not everyone is going to be friends with each other. In the end, only one person is going to get the prize at the end, and some people are going to do anything to get it. Of course there's going to be drama in Total Drama.

AngryMcBeaver

[9]Dec 4, 2013
    • level: 2
    The show has gotten better with time. So much in fact that the first season seems tame in comparison to seasons 3, 4 and 5.

skbrettbug

[10]Dec 4, 2013
    I believe the opposite! haha

AC

[11]Jan 6, 2014

Fans, WAKE UP!Justin talking... Heather and LeShawna being friendly with each other... Trent gets crazy... Courtney isn't the same correctly girl from TDI... Duncan loving Gwen... What happened??? All the characters are NOT the same anymore!! All they changed!!! Now how do you guys feel?

skbrettbug

[12]Jan 6, 2014
    The only constant in life is change...

AC

[13]Jan 8, 2014
    Oh, I get it now.

AC

[14]Jan 8, 2014

Oh, I get it now.

AC

[15]Jan 8, 2014
    I agree though.

AC

[16]Jan 18, 2014
    LIE! Geoff and Bridgette didn't have enough screen time in seasons 2 and 3 and Courtney was a nice girl in season 1.

AC

[17]Jan 18, 2014

UnovaChampion wrote:
    The show evolved into something better, that's what happened. And just about all of your questions made little to no sense. Justin's allowed to talk and develop, Courtney hopefully burned that skull, Eva/Katie/Sadie were filler characters never meant to do much of anything, and they didn't have huge fanbases so they weren't brought back past season 1. Courtney was never nice, at best she was a hypocritical brat who thought she was better than everyone else there. Heather and Leshawna went back to enemy status I'd assume in World Tour, but I'd of liked it if that turning point from TDA had been kept. Gwen is still friends with Bridgette/Geoff off screen. They still interacted in later seasons. And finally the first season had plenty of conflict, friends and couples still exist in the TD Universe, and mutual respect never existed, it's Total DRAMA. The show is still as strong as ever. And I look forward to more and more new casts and stereotypes to enjoy. That doesn't make it impure just because it grew past using the same old characters over and over. If we stuck to the complete old cast a 4th season in a row, we'd of had another Total Drama Action on our hands.

My questions did make sense, you idiot.

Island:Well, Gwen and Bridgette being friends, Gwen and Geoff being friends, Gwen and Trent being a couple, Courtney being nice, Heather and LeShawna being enemies, Duncan and Courtney being a couple, Cody and Gwen being friends, DJ being cool, and feeling like the staff actually cared about what they were doing.

Sequels: Really, I don't think they really care anymore. TDA is such a lazily-assembled season that I barely got through, and World Tour is a long, terrible, seemingly-hateful ride that I wish to forget.

skbrettbug

[18]Jan 19, 2014
    [QUOTE="AC"]

UnovaChampion wrote:
    The show evolved into something better, that's what happened. And just about all of your questions made little to no sense. Justin's allowed to talk and develop, Courtney hopefully burned that skull, Eva/Katie/Sadie were filler characters never meant to do much of anything, and they didn't have huge fanbases so they weren't brought back past season 1. Courtney was never nice, at best she was a hypocritical brat who thought she was better than everyone else there. Heather and Leshawna went back to enemy status I'd assume in World Tour, but I'd of liked it if that turning point from TDA had been kept. Gwen is still friends with Bridgette/Geoff off screen. They still interacted in later seasons. And finally the first season had plenty of conflict, friends and couples still exist in the TD Universe, and mutual respect never existed, it's Total DRAMA. The show is still as strong as ever. And I look forward to more and more new casts and stereotypes to enjoy. That doesn't make it impure just because it grew past using the same old characters over and over. If we stuck to the complete old cast a 4th season in a row, we'd of had another Total Drama Action on our hands.[/QUOTEMy questions did make sense, you idiot.

Ooo fight fight fight

AC

[19]Jan 23, 2014

UnovaChampion wrote:

"Still as strong as ever?" Yeah....until Trent and Gwen broke up in Total Drama Action and many of the fans were traumatized. Thanks a lot Teletoon!

skbrettbug

[20]Jan 23, 2014
    AC wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:

"Still as strong as ever?" Yeah....until Trent and Gwen broke up in Total Drama Action and many of the fans were traumatized. Thanks a lot Teletoon!

I doubt they were traumatized