We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 5 - Total Drama All Stars Discussion Thread (Spoilers for aired episodes)

iamtunk

[1]Sep 10, 2013
    • level: 13

I know this board is basically dead, but I figured I'd start a discussion anyway, now that season 5 has officially aired in the U.S.

I know some of us do research and may have heard things. I ask that you please don't put any spoilers for episodes that have NOT already aired. Season 3 had been pretty much spoiled for me, for most of us probably, and while it was my own fault I would like to avoid it this season.

However SPOILERS FOR ALREADY AIRED EPISODES ARE ALLOWED. So if you haven't seen an episode or if it hasn't aired yet where you live then please proceed with caution and read at your own risk. Or don't read it at all. This will probably follow the U.S. timetable, since I don't think it's aired elsewhere. (Because we are on different timetables would threads for specific episodes be better?)

Anyway, on to the good stuff! What did you guys think of the first episode? I thought it was pretty good. I was kind of passive about this season coming, since there aren't many of my favorites this season. However, after watching the first episode I've gotten a little more excited for it. It wasn't necessarily outstanding but I'm happy that it's back.

Here are some specific thoughts:

No offense to Owen fans but I'm glad he's not in it this season.

Alejandro's new voice kinda threw me off. He just didn't sound as much of a bad guy like he did 3rd season. I thought at first that he had turned over a new leaf but then I realized it was just a different VA.

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me what Gwen is thinking? I mean, she said she didn't do anything wrong. That Courtney and Duncan weren't together when she and Duncan got together. However, I SPECIFICALLY remember that Courtney and Duncan were in fact dating when Gwen and Duncan kissed. Yes, maybe Courtney dumped him before he and Gwen started officially dating but she still kissed him while they were together. Yet she kept trying to justify herself.

ELIMINATION SPOILER. (I warned you) I figured Lindsay would get the boot once she made the comment about lip gloss not being worth the money. I like how she's just sick of it all. Shows that she actually is kinda smart.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[2]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 19
    Gwen's in a state of denial which I assume will lead to a redemption arc, or maybe not, guess we'll see how this plays out. Duncney might not be dead in the water after all....

I wonder if that was Lindsay's final elimination in the series. You're right, in a way she's grown smarter than the rest of them. Especially since most of the time no one walks away with any money. I wish she had mentioned Tyler like Sam and Sierra mentioned their counterparts. But meh, I'll just assume they were endgame even after a year.

Alejandro's new voice was a little offputting at first, but I think I'll get used to it. Looking forward to how Aleheather plays out this season, on the same team this time.

Exile Island and a swank new winners cabin will go the extra mile in making this season stand out more. Who will get that head this time?

Evil Mike personality of course.

iamtunk

[3]Sep 12, 2013
    Yeah, I think Gwuncan may be on the rocks. I actually kinda like Gwuncan more than Duncney, even though I disapprove of the way they ended up together. Overall, I don't care either way though. And yeah, I guess Gwen is in denial. I hope she eventually realizes what she did wrong.

It sounds like some people are hoping Lindsay will be back. That could be wishful thinking though. But, you never know. I can't remember if there was one last season but there was always a character returning in the first 3 seasons. I also wonder if someone will start midseason like Courtney did in TDA. I kinda liked Tyler and Lindsay, but yeah if a girl can't remember her boyfriend's name that's not a good sign for the relationship.

I saw a preview video for the next episode and Alejandro sounded much better so hopefully his voice will work well. I liked Aleheather in season 3, but I got bored with it in the fandom and I'm not into it anymore. However, if I liked in it the show the 3rd season maybe I can grow to like it again this season. I did find it interesting how when Lindsay said Heather missed her "honey bunny" Heather immediately knew she was talking about Alejandro, even if she denied it. haha.

I think the Exile Island is a cool idea. I hope they actually show scenes of it. and yeah, maybe Evil Mike personality will find the head. hahaha. hmmm, if his evil personality takes over would he get moved to the villians' team?

I felt a bit sorry for Zeke and his fans. Dude never gets respect.

Sinedd

[4]Sep 14, 2013
    • level: 3
    I don't think Linsday will ever come back. Lucky I am!

iamtunk

[5]Sep 14, 2013
    I guess we'll see. I'm not really holding my breath for it to happen.

skbrettbug

[6]Sep 17, 2013
    • level: 20

Brendan, you're here? I am surprised

Anyhoo...I just watched the first two episodes today, and whoo they are crazy. Alejandro definitely sounds different. IMHO I think that bringing some of these guys back 4 times doesn't make them all stars. Some of them *cough cough Sierra* are so annoyning...I just want to get them out of my TV screen!

And I wasn't upset at all to see Dumbsey aka Lindsey the Moron or Sha-Lighnarcissist leave the game at all.

If Jo, Scott, Heather, and Alejandro with the amazing legs leave soon I will be happy as a lark. This season isn't good as the others, just what I think

iamtunk

[7]Sep 17, 2013
    I thought Alejandro seemed a little more himself tonight than last week. I do wonder if his "my legs don't work" scheme is just gonna backfire on him. It could just get Heather more mad and irritated by him. It could also turn his teammates on him since it causes a disadvantage to the team.

I hope Heather makes it pretty far. I mean, she doesn't have to win, I just hope she lasts several episodes.

Looks like Gwen and Duncan are pretty doomed relationship-wise. Courtney doesn't seem much interested either. I think it'd be funny if he ended up getting neither of them. haha

I wasn't surprised at all that Lightning got eliminated. I knew it was down to him or Sam depending on which team lost. The eliminations are getting a bit predictable to be honest. Though before watching the episode I didn't expect it to go that way. I thought another good guy was in for it.

skbrettbug

[8]Sep 18, 2013

I thought it was gonna be Sam as soon as they started, but I knew that they wouldnt want to make it 7:5.

iamtunk

[9]Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah, I thought it was gonna be Sam, but I figured if the Villains lost it would be Lightning.

I know, it would be an awkward ratio if they made it 7:5 but with this show you never know. Look what happened to Team Victory in TDWT.

skbrettbug

[10]Sep 18, 2013
    I mean that was a gag.

Also does anyone else think Lindsay got dumber?

iamtunk

[11]Sep 18, 2013
    yeah, it was. hopefully they won't use it again.

not sure, lol. She's always been so dumb it's hard to tell.

4EverGreen

[12]Sep 20, 2013
    • level: 44

It was interesting to see Jo and Heather clash for control of the Villainous Vultures! I hope they BOTH manage to last for a while, it's very interesting to see Heather have a WORTHY rival opponent who's NOT Alejandro! And Alejandro's 'Wounded Gazelle' gambit may be working for now, but SOMEONE'S going to find out about it sooner or later (maybe EVIL Mike!!!!) Yell PLEASE let either Duncan or Courtney be eliminated next; their combined screen-time is OVERKILL!!!! Enough said!

skbrettbug

[13]Sep 20, 2013
    4EverGreen wrote:

It was interesting to see Jo and Heather clash for control of the Villainous Vultures! I hope they BOTH manage to last for a while, it's very interesting to see Heather have a WORTHY rival opponent who's NOT Alejandro! And Alejandro's 'Wounded Gazelle' gambit may be working for now, but SOMEONE'S going to find out about it sooner or later (maybe EVIL Mike!!!!) Yell PLEASE let either Duncan or Courtney be eliminated next; their combined screen-time is OVERKILL!!!! Enough said!

I do hope that Courtney is next.
    Maybe swap Courtney and Gwen?

UnovaChampion

[14]Sep 21, 2013
    • level: 19
    Malevolent Mike is real, totally called it. Loving it already, I hope he only gets more malevolent from here on out. Cameron and Zoey have a big problem on their hands. Scott really needs to lay off those whacks to the head. At least he's sabotaging other teams over his own.

Lightning got the sha-boot, but at least he had some memorable moments before leaving. His hubris is not welcome on an All Stars season. Guess Jo went back on her word, which Lightning seemed to have been keeping, so quite possibly a bad move on her part, it's not anyone else on the team currently has her back.

Was actually surprised Alejandro was faking the leg problem, granted he probably wasn't lying about it last episode. At least Heather is sympathetic about it, interesting to see how that plays out from here on.

Sam is some good comic relief, especially that no one else was going to pee on him line. And Sierra was all around fun too, digging for Cody, priceless.

Don't expect Duncan and Courtney to leave anytime soon, from the looks of it a reunion for Duncney is in store, especially since Gwen is still caught up with her reputation and giving D the cold shoulder. Ouch.

skbrettbug

[15]Sep 21, 2013
    Brendan!

Sha-shut up!

And I didn't think he was faking until he said he was. The pee thing and digging for Cody...ugh.

iamtunk

[16]Sep 22, 2013
    I didn't think Alejandro was faking either but, come to think of it, it's not really surprising that he was.

The Heather-Jo rivalry should be interesting.

And yes, I think Duncney might get another chance this season.

skbrettbug

[17]Sep 24, 2013

iamtunk wrote:
    I didn't think Alejandro was faking either but, come to think of it, it's not really surprising that he was. The Heather-Jo rivalry should be interesting. And yes, I think Duncney might get another chance this season.

Another week, another piece of sweet predictability

Jo goes bye, and...Duncan's a hero?? Not too surprised about Courtney being a villian

iamtunk

[18]Sep 24, 2013
    haha, yeah, it's a bit predictable especially with who's getting eliminated. I admit I was a little nervous with Heather on the chopping block but I was mostly convinced it'd be Jo instead of her. I know Heather probably won't be in the top 2, but I hope she makes it at least halfway.

I knew there was talk of a switch with the teams. I'm not surprised about Courtney being switched, but I didn't expect Duncan to be. Hmm, I wonder if drama will go down between him and "The Malevolent One."

Looks like Cameron is Sierra's new little crush. Whom she thinks is Cody. lol, poor Cameron.

skbrettbug

[19]Sep 26, 2013

Oh, how I loved the "old" original Mike...I miss him.

All this love stuff is...love stuff. It's part of the show I guess but it is kinda cheesy...

iamtunk

[20]Sep 26, 2013
    haha, I like couples. But some of the couples annoy me on this show (like the CxDxG triangle) and I'm more of a fanon shipper than a canon shipper. So I'm not into most of the couples anyway. (Like AleHeather.)