We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Episode 13: How will CN handle it?

RammerXK5

[1]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    The episode won't air on CN for a couple more weeks, but I got to see it early. From the final part of the challenge to the end, I was ranging from mouth agape to cracking up! For those of you from Canada, etc., you know what I'm talking about For anyone else yet to see, I won't spoil anything.

My main concern though is with all the massive and seemingly unnevessary edits the past episodes have undergone whilst aired on CN, what will happen regarding the above scenes? I can only imagine how they're gonna butcher it. If they leave it as it is, I'll be shocked.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Cyrope

[2]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    im from the U.S. and i saw the eppisode on youtube and i know what happens. from how they have been censoring it, i dont know what they are gonna do! they cant cut it out cuz its too long

NejiShikamaru

[3]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 13
    They showed Gwen's panties, they may show this in a heavily reworded segment.

TraverseTown

[4]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 24
    Yeah, this might be harder though..and the beginning of 14 is pretty bad too.

MisterVoid

[5]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 15
    I haven't seen the U.S. versions, but what have they been doing with all the Owen scenes? If those got through unchanged, then the end of X-Treme Torture shouldn't be affected.

cornergas94

[7]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    Is this the one where Heather, you know? Or is this Basic Straining? The latter isn't that bad at all.

MisterVoid

[8]Aug 15, 2008
    Daprincessalic wrote:
    The first part of episode 14, has a certain part in it but it's not that long, they might decide not to show it since no one gets kicked off episode 13 isn't that bad I guess.

Whoa, wait a minute, what episode are you talking about? Are you counting the two parts of "Not So Happy Campers" as one episode? Because by the TV.com listing, the 14th episode is "Brunch of Disgustingness", which is the one where no one is voted off. I think we have to specify exactly which episode we are talking about by title, not by number. Second, we're going to have to stop saying "you know that part" and just come out any say what we mean, because there are lots of parts that different people find questionable, so it's NOT obvious which part we are talking about.

cornergas94

[9]Aug 15, 2008
    My you know was does Heather show her boobs? THAT after Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl will get several calls at the least.

NejiShikamaru

[10]Aug 15, 2008
    They'll probably blur it or have it edited to show Harold's face instead.

cornergas94

[11]Aug 15, 2008
    Come on, it's already covered by a pixelbox so you can't see nipples. Then again if this edited version gets PG, they maybe extra careful and only imply it happened. Have Harold, lying in the mud fondly say "Boobies!" you know just hintity hint hint. (Sets up VCR and deviantART account, some freak will like this).

NejiShikamaru

[12]Aug 15, 2008
    I don't know, CN can be strict, they might take it out completely. There's a big difference between panties and bare boobies...

MisterVoid

[14]Aug 15, 2008
    No need to get cranky Daprincessalic, sorry if I singled you out, but I was just pointing out some potential confusion. Like Cornergas94, I figured everyone was talking about Heather's toplessness, not the gross out of the Brunch of Disgustingness, so when you suggested that episode as the problem one, I thought we needed to stop and get our bearings straight.

cornergas94

[15]Aug 15, 2008
    OOOOOOHHhh! Why is that innappropriate? No one gets voted off but some idiot may try to make some of these dishes. The bull testicles aren't that bad though. If you can order some, they sell as Rocky Mountain oysters, prarie oysters, or calf fries. They're so cooked you don't taste anything weird.

cornergas94

[17]Aug 15, 2008

Based on all the "you knows" and "ahems" I thought it was about Heather.

No, they have to show the ep or people will say Where'd Harold go?

I don't know, they showed Harold naked in front of girls and Owen's naked dance so they may not do anything. You can't really see anything, anyway. But still, any 12 year old boy who sees Heather's boobs will... shall we say "sleep well" when that episode airs. They are just beginning to realize what their domain is, much less be the master of it.

Edited on 08/15/2008 8:17pm

nate4123

[18]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 16

In my case, I'm thinking that CN will show the clip of Heather topless. They did allow Owen and Harold being nude and showing it to the audience. Why not actually show Heather in that state? I mean Teletoon did censore that part right? So why not show it?

cornergas94

[19]Aug 16, 2008
    The whole scene with Heather, she's covered by a pixel box so you can't see anything really.

typogirl

[20]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 10
    It's so weird talking about censoring in a kid's cartoon, but I think it will remain tthe same.