We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Episode 13: How will CN handle it?

cornergas94

[21]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 5

I'm reminded of a quote that many people have varied on but Family Guy put best. "I learned that parents should take responsibility and not let their kids get what they find offensive instead of taking issue with the things themselves. Yeah."

Censorship, even on a children's network, is inappropriate. Granted, the ratings should be kept as a guideline to parents, but to edit shows just to make them "appropriate" seems Sovietesque. Parents that are saying "ONOZ! THEY SHOWED TEENAGERS KISSING AND FLIRTING!" should realize that they aren't doing it to be lewd or vulgar. It's just how teenagers are. But when faced with $500,000 fines, people have to be careful. Anything is offensive to at least somebody. What you find wrong and inappropriate for a 9 year old, I may not. What you say should not be shown so early (9 eastern), I may not see fault with. Why parents think this is raunchy is puzzling. If we want to make a point of their ridiculousness, let's complain to the next network that shows ANY cleavage at all. I think that's too sexual for primetime why won't you listen to my rants! Granted, outright snuff films should be banned and we should not set out to offend, but other than that, warn, do not censor. I think Americans are more worried that kids will see sexual content (necessary to make children that we must hide said content from) or hear bad language than see violence or hard drug use. For example, "They made a pun about a beaver and a dam! That's so wrong! Oh, Saving Private Ryan, that's appropriate for a 10 year old."

I think this may be Puritanical America's way of showing shame in the human anatomy. Why just read the lost 12th commandment, "Thou shalt be ashamed of thy own natural anatomy."

Edited on 08/16/2008 11:43am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Brodoin15

[22]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 20

I'd be suprised if they don't show it, they showed other people totally naked, blurred, so I don't see the big deal. And I don't see why parents would be mad if they do show it, after all, I know people who openly watch South Park and other TV-MA shows WITH their kids, or their parents know they watch it.

Plus, how could a topless, blurred topless, cartoon character cause a kid to want to do bad things? "Oh blurred breasts! I want to do out and do BAD things now!" Seriously, I can't hear any kid to pre-teen saying that.

Edited on 08/16/2008 5:25pm

Diddy_2000

[23]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    They keep Owen and Harold naked. Although u can see part of the thing unblured for a second but idk. CN edits are weird.
    They keep some SHut up's
    some sucks
    some craps

Brodoin15

[24]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 20

Yeah, like in the talent episode you can hear "Oh Crap." Then, in the last new episode, I don't think you hear Gwen say "Crap."

Plus in the same episode you can tell that Gwen says "Screw it" not "Skip it" when her skirt is torn off.

It's TV-PG after all, and they don't cuss, so saying things like crap should've be taken off, it's no big deal.

Rewile

[25]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 2

They will probably not do anything, it is rated PG, and if you watch Naruto, at some parts they show it, but censor it.

Or they will just have to err.... Cancel the show... F.O.R.E.V.E.R

cornergas94

[26]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    NO! This is a ratings goldmine! I think they are editing it too much but it's better than nothing. I hope this inspires CN to make a real version of TDI (less life threatening) I want in on that action!