We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Are any former Heather-haters starting to like Heather now?

SqueakyYugi

[21]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 13

After the way Justin's been acting in recent episodes, I'm glad Heather got him eliminated in season 1. That's why I'm starting to hate her less.

Edited on 04/28/2009 10:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

emruney_4

[22]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 2

goooo heather!!!

ok...i srsly HATED her in TDI but now shes actually kinda nice...AND shes real smart

the strange thing is tho i used 2 LUV gwen in TDI but in TDA i just dnt like her. shes a real kill joy

XxIcingOnTopxX

[23]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    emruney_4 wrote:

goooo heather!!!

ok...i srsly HATED her in TDI but now shes actually kinda nice...AND shes real smart

the strange thing is tho i used 2 LUV gwen in TDI but in TDA i just dnt like her. shes a real kill joy

yeh /I don;t know why but a lot of people changed...

n5d25d90

[24]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    Someone told me there were different writers for TDA than TDI. Maybe that's why.

imverybasic

[25]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 16

Seeing Heather, Gwen and Leshawna change has made me like them a little more. Only a little bit though.

gideonbernstein

[26]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 45
    Heather might not be as bad as she was in Season One, but part of it might be because the awful way Courtney is acting this season makes Haether look nicer by comparsion in my humble opinion. Courtney's nastiness has made her much worse than Heater ever was.
    Edited on 10/04/2009 6:10pm

imverybasic

[27]Oct 3, 2009
    Since it's TDA, I reckon that the writers are switching things up a bit, including the characters' personalities, apparently. And I doubt that I'm the only one who notices this, but the only reason that the eliminations seem to be so convincing is namely due to everything being switched around. And speaking about Heather, before the season started I never thought that at all she would be leaving. After the impression we got from her from last season, I couldn't picture her going home. Though in this instance, I think she's in her rightful place in the top 10.

stephdumas

[28]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 10

I saw a trailer preview of the next "Har Har Thursdays" and they showed a very brief segment of the next TDA episode who'll be the "AfterMath III".
    ***SPOILER***

imverybasic

[29]Oct 4, 2009
    Wow. I've got to see that. Torturing Heather? Geoff's really gone off the deep end.

gideonbernstein

[30]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 45
    It goes without saying that Bridgette isn't going to like that.

CyclopsBoy

[31]Oct 18, 2009
    I'm starting to like her more. She stood up for Leshawna and in The TDA AfterMath I think it was cool of her to try something harold normanly does.

4EverGreen

[32]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 44
    I think it's kind of weird that it took a selfish act from LaShawna that started to make Heather like LaShawna. I'm not saying they're all going to become best buddies or anything, but I think that Heather's days of going out of her way to insult LaShawna are mostly over by now. And by the way, I now officially like Heather a LOT more than I like Courtney! Whereas Heather has always been honest about her dishonest tendencies, Courtney is a total sham! Courtney likes to believe that's she's FAR better than everyone else because she's a C.I.T. with a P.D.A. and Lawyer's, when she's actually nothing more than a less muscled up version of Eva with better brains! And I know Justin's dense but come ON! The only way Justin could've been so stupid to not see that Courtney was just going to eliminate him like Heather did, was that Courtney must have put a bunch of Stupid pills in Justin's food so that Justin wouldn't think straight in the challenge! Even Ezekiel would've had more brains than that! Speaking of, it's going to be great to see Ezekiel, Noah, Tyler, and Cody in season 3 again! It's time for those characters to have a chance to shine in the limelight! Enough said!

imverybasic

[33]Oct 19, 2009

4EverGreen wrote:
    I think it's kind of weird that it took a selfish act from LaShawna that started to make Heather like LaShawna. I'm not saying they're all going to become best buddies or anything, but I think that Heather's days of going out of her way to insult LaShawna are mostly over by now. And by the way, I now officially like Heather a LOT more than I like Courtney! Whereas Heather has always been honest about her dishonest tendencies, Courtney is a total sham! Courtney likes to believe that's she's FAR better than everyone else because she's a C.I.T. with a P.D.A. and Lawyer's, when she's actually nothing more than a less muscled up version of Eva with better brains! And I know Justin's dense but come ON! The only way Justin could've been so stupid to not see that Courtney was just going to eliminate him like Heather did, was that Courtney must have put a bunch of Stupid pills in Justin's food so that Justin wouldn't think straight in the challenge! Even Ezekiel would've had more brains than that! Speaking of, it's going to be great to see Ezekiel, Noah, Tyler, and Cody in season 3 again! It's time for those characters to have a chance to shine in the limelight! Enough said!

Probably the reason that Leshawna accepted Heather's shoulder could be that because of the spa incident, Heather and Leshawna find that they have more in common than the other believes. Heather sees this and is therefore willing to see Leshawna in another light. This seems possible considering how she used to see her back in season 1; a kind, sweet, compassionate individual to stood up for other people and offered a shoulder to cry on. This, I take it was one of Heather's petpeeves and therefore refused to accept Leshawna for it. When she heard the insult about her on the hidden footage, instead of getting angry and trying to get even, Heather simply let it slide. She told everybody that Leshawna was just telling it like it is and that there was nothing to get worked up about. And since she does that sort of thing all the time, Heather is used to that kind of treatment. She basically likes anybody who is as mean and nasty as she is. That kind of thing puts Heather under some sort of spell, telling her to be nicer to those people and to go easier on them. Bridgette was not too fond of the new Geoff, but Heather said that she was proud of him, which is something you don't often hear from someone like her. I wonder if she heard that little clip of Geoff saying that she was the hottest girl on the show. That might be why. And yes, Courtney is a total and complete sham. Not to mention a hypocrite. She may be twice as nasty as Heather, but they probably don't get along so well because Courtney goes way off the deep end.

animation_luver

[34]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    XxIcingOnTopxX wrote:
    emruney_4 wrote:

goooo heather!!!

yeh /I don;t know why but a lot of people changed...
    maybe its because there was too much attention on her when she was still in the game or maybe in season 1 the writers wanted gwen to be one f the less liked characters and after noticing her popularity she was written to be one of the disliked characters for sure OR maybe the way she got trent eliminated and played both sides made her less liked but then again its trent own fault for being obsessed then the aftermath tried to make it seem like gwen was a complete jerk

dohnought

[35]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 2
    I've always liked Heather.

4EverGreen

[36]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 44
    Personally, I've never really disliked Gwen or Trent. Since this is a parody of a reality game show, I try to remember that the way characters act is probably because of the circumstances of the competition. In season 1, Gwen and Trent were on the same team, and since they didn't have to compete against each other, everything was fine between them. But in season 2, Trent and Gwen were forced onto separate teams, and Duncan lost no time in trying to come between them, which Duncan did a fantastic job at that! Duncan didn't even really need to DO anything except like the same things that Gwen likes, and be as cool as Gwen is WITHOUT coming off as too needy. Duncan 'came on' to Gwen on purpose in order to push Trent's buttons/pressure points so that Trent would lose it and go crazy in trying to protect Gwen. Trent's biggest flaw is that he is FAR too trusting of others. He trusted Heather, and she stabbed him in the back (metaphorically speaking) BIG time! Trent trusted Owen's opinion that girls (like Gwen) liked winning more than anything else, so Trent decided to lose challenges on purpose so that Gwen would get the satisfaction of winning and like Trent for throwing the challenges for her. MAJOR tactical mistake there, as Trent overdid it with losing the challenges, AND trying to be cute with Gwen and instead, having it come off as though he was crazy! And besides, it's not like Gwen WANTED to play on both sides of the teams, she was forced into it when Justin found out that Gwen KNEW that Trent was throwing the challenges for her! Some people might have thought that Justin was being villainous, but as far as I'm concerned, Justin had every right to be angry with Trent and Gwen for pulling this stunt, and losing challenges for Justin's team when they didn't have to lose them! Justin simply wanted Gwen to get a taste of her own medicine, and forced Gwen into cooperating with the Killer Grips so that the Screaming Gaffers wouldn't find out that Gwen and Trent had been cheating against them. The only reason Gwen went along with Justin's ultimatum is because Gwen believed in Karma too much and felt that she had no right to be dishonest when she shouldn't be. And of course, Gwen's decision to do that came back to bite her in the butt as the truth came out anyways and it ostracized her from the team. If Gwen had just been honest about the whole thing in the first place with her own team, they might not have been so mad about it! Speaking of Gwen, I wonder how she's going to feel about LaShawna and Heather, now that they've sort of become acquaintances with each other. That might be an interesting topic to be discussed on the next "Aftermath" episode, especially whatever persona Geoff is assuming; his Captain Hollywood persona or his regular Party Guy persona. This is a topic that really needs to be touched upon. Enough said!

HaydenAvery

[37]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 21
    i like heather i guess.

pixarprincess

[38]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    Back when I saw my very first episode of TDI, I Triple Dog Dare, I somehow I knew Heather was going down. But I didn't feel like she'd deserved that heard shave until I saw the recap episode. That's when I knew I had the right to hate her, and it's been that way ever since. However, I did realize that she's been not so much of a (insert an insult word here) this last season. Even though I still hate her a little bit, I do tolerate her more than I used to. And she was pretty funny in One million Bucks B.C. and in the last Aftermath.

imverybasic

[39]Oct 21, 2009
    Heather is actually pretty well-rounded for a queen bee. Teletoon's profile of her confirms that the reason she makes others suffer is because she was once a chubby, pimply loser who had no friends and got teased by her brother... And now I'm guessing that she makes others' suffer because of the hardships she experienced. This is completely understandable. This is a common feeling and a common reaction to one who has been rediculed for half their lives which in time prompts them to develop this vengeful tendency towards other people, so this could very well explain where Heather gets the vengeful, malicious trait from. I'm sure that for whatever she does, it is not completely intentional. She only acts bossy and controlling to prevent others from walking on her, but sometimes doens't realize that it could get out of hand every so often. This is also understandable. She says that she doesn't like to be mean all the time, but yet, it is a habit that has manifested into itself and has reached to the point where it's become almost impossible to control. This makes sense as for why Heather acts so vicious.

shishkabob999

[40]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    Don't victimize Heather too much there, basic. While I love Heather because she has a backstory and has the potential to be a rounded character, she is still a bossy mean girl. Even in TDA, when she's more of an anti-hero than an antagonist, she's still portrayed as disliked by everyone, still rude on the outside.

Also, one thing interesting about Heather is that she likes people more when they're as awful as her: impressed by Harold when he steals the case, friends with Leshawna when she badmouths everyone (and isn't well-liked by everyone anymore), and even is "so proud of" Geoff when he's awful.

Heather's not only a shallow witch, and she's not only a poor little girl with a miserable backstory that tries to overcompensate. She's both, plus being a schemer, plus being a magnet for pain and humiliation.

That being said, I've always liked Heather. The "villans" really make the reality show, and she was a particularly good one. Hope we see some more of her strategizing in TDM, especially if Alejandro isn't way better than Justin.