We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Why do you care so much if people call Spongebob ga(y)

fullmetalfriend

[1]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    It's not like they're actually going to cancel it. If Spongebob REALLY wasn't gay you should be able to just ignore what everyone is saying. The only reason I see for trying so hard to change everyone's mind is you really think he is gay. (like I do)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

p9804194

[2]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 23
    I'm so sick of these threads...

KonnishSugah

[3]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 13
    THIS is why people keep talking back to Spongebob haters. It's alright if you're not a Spongebob fan, but please, don't keep rubbing it in our faces! So you hate Spongebob, we'll respect that.BUT, respect other people's opinions, and stop these kind of threads.

Spongeyfan

[5]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 28
    fullmetalfriend wrote:
    It's not like they're actually going to cancel it. If Spongebob REALLY wasn't gay you should be able to just ignore what everyone is saying. The only reason I see for trying so hard to change everyone's mind is you really think he is gay. (like I do)

SpongeBob is not g*y sheesh characters like Miles Tails Prower and Bugs Bunny are being called that these days i don't agree though listen to what Stephen Hillenburg(SpongeBob creator) said he said he's not g*y just because he has blue eyes and occasionly dresses like a girl does not make him like that he might be using it as a disguise or somewhere like that.

p9804194

[6]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 23
    This thread should be locked.

fullmetalfriend

[7]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 4

KonnishSugah wrote:
    THIS is why people keep talking back to Spongebob haters. It's alright if you're not a Spongebob fan, but please, don't keep rubbing it in our faces! So you hate Spongebob, we'll respect that.BUT, respect other people's opinions, and stop these kind of threads.

This is why I made this thread. You should be able to just ignore what people are saying. I didn't do this to INTENTIONALLY flame Spongebob or rub it in your faces. I'm just curious as to why you make so many threads saying he isn't gay as people make ones saying he is. You should be able to say he isn't gay without getting all moody or flooding the board with topics saying it. Though what I said in parentheses is my opinion the second to last sentence was just to see how well you could keeep your cool.

CBFan

[8]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 1
    Nevertheless, you're kinda missing the point. If SpongeBob is officially not £@Y, then there should really be no reason to think he is.

timever

[9]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 9

If Spongebob is gay.

Then it would not be rated TVY.

And read this: http://www.theage.com.au/news/TV--Radio/SpongeBob-is-asexual-says-creator/2005/01/29/1106850117040.html

That is proof that Spongebob is not gay.

He is asexual, And Patrick is also not gay.

He likes princess Mindy in the movie.

Spongefan890

[10]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I think us fans wouldnt care much about people calling Spongebob gay if the ones saying it didn't always mean it in an insulting or offensive way. People always say stuff are gay to make fun of it and it really does make those who are actually gay insulted.
    Edited on 06/06/2006 3:25pm

KonnishSugah

[11]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 13
    fullmetalfriend wrote:

KonnishSugah wrote:

This is why I made this thread. You should be able to just ignore what people are saying. I didn't do this to INTENTIONALLY flame Spongebob or rub it in your faces. I'm just curious as to why you make so many threads saying he isn't gay as people make ones saying he is. You should be able to say he isn't gay without getting all moody or flooding the board with topics saying it. Though what I said in parentheses is my opinion the second to last sentence was just to see  well you could keeep your cool

Oh, I hope I didn't sound moody, If I did, sorry.    Anyways, I respect the fact that you don't like Spongebob, but we get the point from every Spongebob hater. We know you don't like Spongebob, but you should choose words carefully, so no one ends up insulted in either side, fan or hater. Yep, I'll try to choose words carefully, too. I sounded kinda nasty in that last post.Again, sorry.

Edited on 06/06/2006 7:08pm

Spongeyfan

[12]Jun 7, 2006
    timever wrote:

If Spongebob is gay.

Then it would not be rated TVY.

And read this: http://www.theage.com.au/news/TV--Radio/SpongeBob-is-asexual-says-creator/2005/01/29/1106850117040.html

That is proof that Spongebob is not gay.

He is asexual, And Patrick is also not gay.

He likes princess Mindy in the movie.

Eaxctly what i said like the link Stephen Hillenburg never said SpongeBob is g*y and yeah he does like Mindy in the movie also Tails in Sonic X is called g*y but he has a love intrest(Cosmo who is a girl).

Noteldnep

[13]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 16
    The reason everyone keeps getting ticked off is because too many people come to this forum just to make a thread about how they hate the show, or how they think that SpongeBob is gay.

As long as you express your opinion without offending anyone, you shouldn't get in trouble, though.

Spongefan890

[14]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 7
    Noteldnep wrote:
    The reason everyone keeps getting ticked off is because too many people come to this forum just to make a thread about how they hate the show, or how they think that SpongeBob is gay. As long as you express your opinion without offending anyone, you shouldn't get in trouble, though.
    Yeah its pretty stupid too that people waste their times on a show they can't stand. Like on livejournals people actually take the time to make so many anti-spongebob communities and clubs just to show how much they hate the show.

Spongeyfan

[15]Jun 7, 2006

Yeah it's stupid to call a cartoon character g*y IT'S A KID'S CARTOON FOR SPONGESAKES THEY WOULD'NT MAKE A G*Y CARTOON CHARACTER FOR KIDS AND SPONGEBOB LOVES SANDY NOT PATRICK(well i think he does look at some season 1 episodes it proves it)

EDIT: i found out that his creator said he was a*exual so he does'nt love anybody.

Edited on 07/03/2006 10:02am

Noteldnep

[16]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 16
    Spongefan890 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:
    The reason everyone keeps getting ticked off is because too many people come to this forum just to make a thread about how they hate the show, or how they think that SpongeBob is gay. As long as you express your opinion without offending anyone, you shouldn't get in trouble, though.
    Yeah its pretty stupid too that people waste their times on a show they can't stand. Like on livejournals people actually take the time to make so many anti-spongebob communities and clubs just to show how much they hate the show.

If you ask me, that's just downright stupid.

InvaderVAL

[17]Jun 10, 2006
    • level: 9
    Exactly. I wrote a blog on this. WHY WOULD PEOPLE CARE IT'S A CARTOON! Sorry, just using caps to get my point across, I'm not yelling.