We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Why do people seem so disappointed in Season 4?

tomkfan

[21]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 11

TAMKFan wrote:
    Can't you people understand that shows need to evolve overtime? If character personality only changes a little, as you mentioned bugs you, then that's your problem!

Rocko's Modern Life evolved. It gradually changed over time. A perfect example would be Filburt and Dr. Hutchison's relationship. At first you would just see them hanging around each other and then they started to go out a little and then eventually they got married and had kids. With SpongeBob they just threw these new personalities at us with no explanation whatsoever.

Just proving my point.... You can think diferently. I didn't want to be annoying or anything.....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spongeyfan

[22]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 28
    Because it is very childish and it's ruining Stephen Hillenburg's creation the only good episode in that darn season is Wigstruck the rest suck except Fear of a Krabby Patty and Selling Out.

Lazlo25

[23]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 15
    Wow! These season 4 episodes were written by Steven Banks! One of the writters of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi! I never knew that before.

Spongeyfan

[24]Nov 18, 2006
    Lazlo25 wrote:
    Wow! These season 4 episodes were written by Steven Banks! One of the writters of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi! I never knew that before.

Oh,i think now that Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi is babyish and that it sucks no wonder these new episodes are starting to suck.

gogetenkusu

[25]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    Spongeyfan wrote:
    Lazlo25 wrote:

Oh,i think now that Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi is babyish and that it sucks no wonder these new episodes are starting to suck.

Spongeyfan said something logical? This IS the end of the world!

talonmalon333

[26]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 27
    tomkfan wrote:

I don't like season four because they took all of the characters personalities and exaggerated them to extremes. Okay I'll show you what I mean.

SpongeBob: He was originally sort of dumb and kinda hyper. Now he's just hyper to absurd extremes bouncing all over the place and not having a second of intelligence.

Patrick: He used to be dumb, but still had his moments of intelligence. He also used to have his mentally ill moments. Now he's about as dumb as a rock. Now he's mentally ill 24/7.

Squidward: He used to be nice and feel sorry for people sometimes but was mostly grouchy. Then he had a reason to be grouchy. Now he gets ticked off for no reason whatsoever.

Sandy: Used to be smart, sweet, and southern. Now she's a genius. She's not as sweet anymore and all she ever does is smart things. I really miss the southern references.

Okay I think you get my drift. The only characters that stayed the same for me were Karen and Plankton. Mainly because their personalities are hard to be exaggerated I guess.....or maybe it's just because I love Plankton.....

Don't forget another change in SpongeBob and Patrick. They tried to take the idea from the movie that their "kids" and use it in season four, and now it's not even funny. Everything about them is now so immature. Patrick also uses his stupid look with only one tooth so much now that it's annoying.

Spongebob4eva

[27]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    yeah they do rush episodes. Like Once Bitten (witch was stupid) and the Best day ever.

Spongeyfan

[28]Nov 18, 2006
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    Don't forget another change in SpongeBob and Patrick. They tried to take the idea from the movie that their "kids" and use it in season four, and now it's not even funny. Everything about them is now so immature. Patrick also uses his stupid look with only one tooth so much now that it's annoying.
    Exactly and this is all Derek Drymon's  fault he took over the show when Stephen Hilllenburg left and made it babyish this is similar to what happened to John K with Ren and Stimpy back in 1993.
    Edited on 11/18/2006 9:37am

TAMKFan

[29]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    Wow you people are so picky. SpongeBob's voice change is hardly NOTICEABLE! And you assume that this show is bad now just because it got new creators?

whitetigerswt

[30]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    spongefan4eva wrote:
    Every TV show has "off" seasons. I'm not trying to say that Season 4 is bad, but I do think that it is weaker when compared to the other three seasons. So maybe Season 4 is an "off" season. But SpongeBob will return to prominence with Season 5!

i agree 100%

Spongeyfan

[31]Nov 19, 2006
    TAMKFan wrote:
    Wow you people are so picky. SpongeBob's voice change is hardly NOTICEABLE! And you assume that this show is bad now just because it got new creators?
    Well,yeah and when he shouts and screams or something like that you can notice the voice change and of course Karate Island was the worst episode in my opinion yet that was the greatest episode of all time on the countdown the reason why the Season 4 episodes were in the top ten were because most of the SpongeBob fans are kids and Nick is a kids' network so kids get to control it unless it was on the crappy TeenNick of course which it probably won't they obviously don't care about the adult fans or the teenage fans cause it's a kids' network i did'nt see it cause i don't live in the USA but that is just my guess.
    Edited on 11/19/2006 1:45am

TAMKFan

[32]Nov 19, 2006
    Well, I'm a teen and I like a lot of Season 4 episodes.

Spongeyfan

[33]Nov 20, 2006
    TAMKFan wrote:
    Well, I'm a teen and I like a lot of Season 4 episodes.
    I think i already knew that but it is your opinion my opinion is that it sucks and is not as good as the original first 3 seasons did'nt say that you had to not like the episodes of season 4 that you like in my opinion there are boring.
    Edited on 11/22/2006 8:00am

TAMKFan

[34]Nov 21, 2006
    Okay that's fine. I just don't like people going around and randomly bashing Season 4.

minerva73

[35]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 24

TAMKFan wrote:

I agree with you completely. The new creators have created some pretty decent episodes like Wigstruck, Bummer Vacation, and Once Bitten.

RissaHearts8876

[36]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    Because the new creators don't have the same original, familiar "spongebob-e-ness" that Stephen Hillenburg did. He was the original creator. These people are just Stephen followers. They could never match up to his Spongebob-genius.

superman8119

[37]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 25
    I like the season so i dunno.

YellowRaven2715

[38]Jun 21, 2014
    • level: 7
    Because they get raped by beautiful girls while those episodes are playing