We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Why did Stephen Hillenburg leave the show?

niki4th

[21]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    hey you guys can sign a petition! http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?bob101
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

niki4th

[22]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    hey wait.. heres the link http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?bob101

jww047

[23]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 16
    It has two signatures including mine. Keep spreading the word.

typogirl

[24]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    blpietsch wrote:

Okay, I was good with Season 5 for a while, but after seeing how horrible some of 6 is, I have one thing to say:

BRING

BACK

STEPHEN

NOW

I absolutely cannot stand this new Spongebob anymore. I cannot STAND the incredibly lame and gross humor, horrible songs every 3 minutes, crap-comparable plots, and how awful the character's personality's have gotten anymore.

I cannot STAND how Nick makes a HUGE deal out of specials only to spend more time advertising it then actually MAKING it anymore.

I cannot STAND how the episodes are so rushed and fast-paced anymore.

And most importantly, I cannot STAND Derek running the show anymore.

Season 5 was okay, but this season is beyond horrible and absolutely lazy, even for a show as creative as Spongebob.

Nick, for the love of all that is good, holy, and preacious in the world, BRING STEVEN BACK!!!!

Here here!

spongebobfan_17

[25]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 22
    jww047 wrote:
    Why did he leave the show after the movie instead of sticking around?
    I don't know, maybe nick decided to change the things to see what happen, but I still LOVING the show, I still thinking the show is good, but it lost originality and I like more the episodes of the season 3, but I love all the seasons. It's sad to see how the show is losing popularity

spongebobfan_17

[26]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 22
    jww047 wrote:
    Now it have 3 including mine.

LordMoe

[27]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    Guy's, he stepped down. He wasn't forced to do it. He's the one who willingly stepped down, so I doubt an internet petition is gonna change his mind. Sorry to burst your bubble.

tyrouchiha

[28]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 8

spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    jww047 wrote:
    Now it have 3 including mine.

now theres 4

BILLY-ELI

[29]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    well, nothing's impossible and Trying doesn't hurt now does it

Captain52

[30]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 12
    Maybe Stephen Hillenburg quit after the movie cuz he thought Spongebob has ended and/or ran out of Episode ideas? Still though, way to go guys at the TV Studio for Spongebob to hire these Writers, I got nothing against them personally, its just that obviously they are making the new Episodes not as good. If the Writers or whoever are getting so Lazy and running out of ideas, then I don't see why they aren't cancelling this Show. Maybe it has something to do with the money, but whatever it is, there maybe still some Fans that like this Show, but if its one thing that's noticeable is that the Score for this Show has gone downhill ever since the end of the Movie. So it would suprise me that the Producers aren't at least a little worried about this. Finally, I'm not saying this is a bad Show or saying anything bad to people who like this Show, that way I'm not Trolling or Flaming, So its good that there's still some Fans, and I think this is a Good Show, its just the Episodes for this Show aren't what they used to be. I'm not sure what's happening to our fellow Spongey friend, but the new Writers aren't doing as good a job as when Stephen Hillenburg was Present. Oh yeah and I find once Bitten too scary and DEFINITELY Fungus Among Us to be too scary and disgusting for kids ages 6-13 to be watching.

jww047

[31]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    a lot of the newer episodes are really gross and disgusting, i mean, how can the writers think that is funny, it is gross!

Captain52

[32]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    Yeah I agree! What's wrong with these Writers? I think they're too obsessed with Gross Humor, I think they should stop with that. Some people just don't find that amusing, plus its just...well...disgusting! And don't get me started on Fungus Among Us! That Episode was blech. Plus to me I think they show that Episode along with Once Bitten too much, They're too scary (an example is the music.) Both of them may have an ending where things return to Normal, but I just can't get my mind off of the other gruesome things that happen in the Episodes. At least Once bitten is a little better because it doesn't show any heavy gruesomeness like in Fungus Among Us.

Vebesbeans

[33]Dec 10, 2014
    • level: 4

Because when he said to Nick he wanted the show cancelled, Nickelodeon said this: ''WE WANT TO MAKE NEW EPISODES!'' Then Stephen said ''I don't want the show to jump the shark.'' But then Nick wouldn't listen. So Stephen left the show.