We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Why are people insulting the SpongeBob writers and fans?

Murvine_Taylor

[1]Jul 27, 2014
    • level: 9

I am starting this topic because some people on this website and on other websites are being way to harsh to the writers, ever sense SpongeBob got revived. I am talking about comments wishing the writers ill by saying that they should burn in Hell or anything else that extremely harsh and it makes me mad. I know that a lot of you think that SpongeBob went downhill and that the writers create mean spirited episodes, but isn't disproportionate retribution to say evil stuff about the writers? IT IS JUST SICKENING! >

I am also ticked off by how some of the post-movie haters on any website like to insult anyone who likes New SpongeBob. That makes me feel offended and it hurts my feelings because I like both old and new SpongeBob, as said in my review. I hate Justin Beiber, but I don't insult anyone who likes him.

I respect your opinion weather you think SpongeBob went down hill or not, but please for goodness sake, don't insult the writers or fans. I hope I made myself clear.

Edited on 07/27/2014 10:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kingnicky1

[2]Jul 27, 2014
    • level: 13

This will probably be my last post, as I am moving on.

Look, almost none of us actually HATE the new writers, we just hate the way they write and the way we changed SpongeBob. And maybe the reason why people bash these episodes like me is because it is for kids. I don't know about you, but I would never let my kid watch episodes like "Pet Sitter Pat", "A Pal for Gary", "Demolition Doofus", "ONE COARSE MEAL", and every Gross out episode that takes it too far. You mention that we call the writers these names, and while this true, it's partially because SpongeBob is way too violent too. Take for example, Casey Alexander.

He directed One Coarse Meal (Which is also my most hated episode), in this episode, Mr. Krabs drives Plankton to suicide after scaring him in a whale outfit. Does that honestly sound like something you'd expect in a kid's show? (Please answer that). Therefore, he's sick in the head, and It wouldn't surprise me if he wants to do this in real life. Especially after all the crap he's done over the years.

Now to be fair, yes, New Sb does indeed have a few gems. Such as "Sand Castles in the Sand", "Krusty Towers", "Roller Cowards", "Plankton's Pet", and "Best Frienemies". However, there are way too many more bad ones than good, and more meh ones too. Even looking from a non-biased perspective, almost all of them are complete crap.

Continued in next post.

kingnicky1

[3]Jul 27, 2014
    • level: 13

You also need to understand that the show took on a very different life after it got renewed. Everything from the Animation, all the way to character personalites, you get the feeling it's a very different show. it just dosen't feel the same as the old show. I don't feel like I'm watching SB, I feel like I'm watching some pre-school show from the early 90's. I hate it when people always accuse the quality, it's also the nostalgia.

One more thing: Nickelodeon airs it WAY too much. Whether the episodes are good or bad, the show will always be a joke. they air it too much, they wring out too much merchandise, they advertise it more than anything. It's a joke, and always will be.

If you like New SB, that's totally fine. But you have to at least understand a couple things. I don't expect you to change your mind, but hopefully I at least helped you realize why.

fsaenz0125

[4]Jul 28, 2014
    • level: 23

Murvine_Taylor wrote:

I am starting this topic because some people on this website and on other websites are being way to harsh to the writers, ever sense SpongeBob got revived. I am talking about comments wishing the writers ill by saying that they should burn in Hell or anything else that extremely harsh and it makes me mad. I know that a lot of you think that SpongeBob went downhill and that the writers create mean spirited episodes, but isn't disproportionate retribution to say evil stuff about the writers? IT IS JUST SICKENING! >

I am also ticked off by how some of the post-movie haters on any website like to insult anyone who likes New SpongeBob. That makes me feel offended and it hurts my feelings because I like both old and new SpongeBob, as said in my review. I hate Justin Beiber, but I don't insult anyone who likes him.

I respect your opinion weather you think SpongeBob went down hill or not, but please for goodness sake, don't insult the writers or fans. I hope I made myself clear.

I like how you're always defensive to this show just like I am because it's my favorite show. I will be offended if ever see a comment insulting me just because I like post movie SpongeBob. Thankfully, that had never happened to me before as I don't want to argue with someone on the Internet.

Murvine_Taylor

[5]Nov 2, 2014
    • level: 9

Kingnicky1, sorry that it took me this long to reply, but I can see where you are coming from. I will be honest that I actually like One Coarse Meal, but I agree with you on Demolition Doofus. You say that most of ya'll do not hate the SB writers, but there have been some people harassing Casey Alexander on his Twitter account. Even though he directed One Coarse Meal, he still did NOT deserve that and I don't think that he would drive someone to suicide in real life. In fact, Mr. Alexander did admit that he went to far and apologized to anyone who was offended (or at least that is what I have heard in a comment from a tvtropes.org member). As for the episodes not being kid friendly, I think that kids are smarter than we give them credit for. I am only sixteen, yet my younger sister and I already watch South Park, which is rated TV-MA.

Edited on 11/02/2014 10:59am