We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

What on Earth Happened to This Show?

Has the show gotten better since the movie?

Spider-Kid

[1]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 3

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this, but this is certainly NOT the same show that took the world by storm in 1999. The writing has been dumbed down severely, the characters have changed immensely and are all around not as funny anymore, and worst of all, Spongebob's voice has changed, and not for the better. Here, I found two articles where a lot of people are complaining about the show's quality.

http://mybiggestcomplaint.com/spongebob-squarepants-voice/748/

https://sites.google.com/site/tria1andfai1ur3/over-analysis/oa-tv-shows/spongebob-decline-in-quality

And whether you still like the show, and I'm certain there are still a few, you can't deny the fact that the facts listed in the second article are all true.

This is moreso just a rant on my part, because I used to love this show and now it's just become painful to watch. I'm sure not all of you agree, but if you do, or just want to comment, feel free to do so.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spongebobfan200

[2]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 30
    (Oh look, it's THIS thread again.)

You know, there were past threads that were about Spongebob's "decline". You can express that there instead of making another thread like that.

Third-Kind

[3]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 13
    Admittedly, complaining about the declining quality standards of SpongeBob is a dead horse topic 'round here. However, I do agree with you. It's not the same SpongeBob I watched as a little kid. The new SpongeBob is more... annoying. With a higher-pitched voice than I remember. And Patrick's too dumb to live. And Mr. Krabs is a jerkass who never gets what he deserves. And Squidward is one of the most sympathetic characters.

...Where's my childhood-favourite show gone? (Don't answer; I know what happened.)

Spider-Kid

[4]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 3
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    (Oh look, it's THIS thread again.)

You know, there were past threads that were about Spongebob's "decline". You can express that there instead of making another thread like that.

My apologies. This is actually the first time I've visited this thread in a long time, and since I didn't see a thread like this on the first page, I simply assumed it didn't exist. Silly me.