We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Was Seasons 1-3 better, or is Seasons 4-present better?

finnysohr

[1]May 15, 2013
    • level: 12

I think the newer ones are. Season 1 was decent, Season 2 was the best of the original three, and Season 3 was in between 1 and 2's rating. The rest is great.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ayranci

[2]May 21, 2013
    • level: 17

I'm still a huge fan of SpongeBob and I like "Season 4-present" too but I thought this show went downhill a little after the movie. I loved "season 1-3" more than season 4-present. The best season is season 3, the worst is season 6. I think you're the only one who likes "season 4-present" more than "season 1-3".

finnysohr

[3]Jun 16, 2013

Ayranci wrote:

I'm still a huge fan of SpongeBob and I like "Season 4-present" too but I thought this show went downhill a little after the movie. I loved "season 1-3" more than season 4-present. The best season is season 3, the worst is season 6. I think you're the only one who likes "season 4-present" more than "season 1-3".

Season 1 was good, and Season 2 and Season 3 were great. Although I did not like the movie. Season 4 was a great comeback. Season 5 was amazing, and it was the best season. Season 6 was boring, only the first few episodes were great, the only thing that was great about this season was the first few episodes. As for Season 7, I'm not so sure, but it's definitely better than Season 6. Although the second half was boring because of the "Legends Of SpongeBob" episodes. Those covered the second half of Season 7. Season 8 was good, although not as good as the last season. And as for Season 9, I really don't know what to say about it, but I really think it went downhill a little here. It's even a little worse than Season 6. Hopefully Season 10 will be decent.

Ayranci

[4]Jun 18, 2013
    • level: 17

finnysohr wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

Season 1 was good, and Season 2 and Season 3 were great. Although I did not like the movie. Season 4 was a great comeback. Season 5 was amazing, and it was the best season. Season 6 was boring, only the first few episodes were great, the only thing that was great about this season was the first few episodes. As for Season 7, I'm not so sure, but it's definitely better than Season 6. Although the second half was boring because of the "Legends Of SpongeBob" episodes. Those covered the second half of Season 7. Season 8 was good, although not as good as the last season. And as for Season 9, I really don't know what to say about it, but I really think it went downhill a little here. It's even a little worse than Season 6. Hopefully Season 10 will be decent.

So far season 9 is still great for me. It's still better than season 6. In my opinion, Season 7 wasn't better than season 8 but It was better than season 6.

fsaenz0125

[5]Jun 21, 2013
    • level: 23
    I liked the two eras equally in term of quality. In term of animation, the post movie seasons are better.

pashotshot

[6]Nov 9, 2013
    • level: 15
    I love every season of SpongeBob. I even love that Season 9 went high def. However, I sense that some fans are saying that the late seasons are bad because the writers are running out of ideas.

lazlo_dork

[7]Dec 15, 2013
    • level: 29

Seasons 1-3 = Classic era, similar to The Simpsons

Seasons 4-present = Mixed bag full of either great episodes, mediocre episodes, or completely godawful episodes which overshadow the good ones pretty much with Season 6 being the worst. Strangely enough Aaron Springer getting credited for some of the most notorious episodes like "House Fancy." Good to see some Spumco alumni like him, Robert Ryan Cory, Vince, Rich Pursel, and even Chris Reccardi at one point work together on a few of the episodes though. I also never liked how SpongeBob was drawn more rectangular in more recent episodes and the colors being a bit brighter than how the classic eps were, which was a turn off for one of my cartoonist friends. I'd say overall the newer seasons have been a lot more inconsistent in entertainment quality but the drawings and stuff remain top notch compared to a lot of other cartoons out there.

I was such a huge fan of this show many years ago, got turned off by some of the really bad episodes and stopped watching the show for a few years and now I've gotten back into it thanks to some great Season 8-9 episodes, so the show while not as great as it was during the classic era, has improved a ton in the last two seasons.

Edited on 12/15/2013 10:44pm
    Edited 4 total times.

pashotshot

[8]Dec 24, 2013
    • level: 15
    I also really like Season 9's jump to high definition. SpongeBob was overdue for a high def switch. Way overdue. I can't wait until its movie release in 2015. I hope it's super radical.

finnysohr

[9]Jan 5, 2014

After a year my opinion has changed. Seasons 1-3 were all good, Season 4 was OK too, Season 5 included. But Seasons 6-9, come on, are you kidding me?

lootlimo

[10]Jan 9, 2014
    • level: 10

Seasons 1-3 were much better than Season 4- present. Spongebob died in Season 6, but there are a few good episodes here and there.