We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Squidward Abuse

Misticblade723

[1]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 3

Do you feel that in recent seasons they're making Squidward TOO MUCH of an underdog. I for one feel that way. In Krusty Sponge I was sickened to see Mr. Krabs think using Squidward as a horse for some fatass when Squidward did nothing wrong through the entire episode. Heck Squidward was never abused so badly in pre-movie episodes (except Jellyfishing, another episode that disgusts me and I refused to watch as a kid). Squidward isn't my favorite character but abusing him senselessly doesn't make a goood show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dumb_Dog_19

[2]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 15

Misticblade723 wrote:

Do you feel that in recent seasons they're making Squidward TOO MUCH of an underdog. I for one feel that way. In Krusty Sponge I was sickened to see Mr. Krabs think using Squidward as a horse for some fatass when Squidward did nothing wrong through the entire episode. Heck Squidward was never abused so badly in pre-movie episodes (except Jellyfishing, another episode that disgusts me and I refused to watch as a kid). Squidward isn't my favorite character but abusing him senselessly doesn't make a goood show.

Exactly

Rosspel

[3]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 9
    Yeah, i feel sorry for poor squid.

spongebobfan200

[4]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 30
    I've seen many threads like this one.

SpongebeachBob

[5]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 14
    I actually like Squidward abuse

TVdude3895

[6]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 14

I feel bad for squidward too, even though he's not my fav character.

Misticblade723

[7]Sep 29, 2010

I don't mind when he does something major to deserve it, but when Spongebob and Pat are annoying him (And honestly in recent seasons they take it too far) and he suddenly gets hit with an anvil or something, its not funny. Especially in the one I mentioned when he has nothing to do with the plot and Mr. Krabs practically poisons people with his food, yet Squid gets punished instead.

ShrinkinViolet

[8]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 11

I do feel bad for Squidward most of the time, although sometimes (mostly in Shangheid and Boating Buddies) it's funny. But I think they've been a little easier on him since season six started (with a few exceptions here and there).

Misticblade723

[9]Oct 19, 2010

Post Movie Episodes and Jellyfishing are the ones that I cant stand his abuse in. Any episode where he gets bandaged up and then further abused, or where he gets abused for no reason instead of provoking it, its unwatchable.

ShrinkinViolet

[10]Oct 19, 2010
    Misticblade723 wrote:

Post Movie Episodes and Jellyfishing are the ones that I cant stand his abuse in. Any episode where he gets bandaged up and then further abused, or where he gets abused for no reason instead of provoking it, its unwatchable.

I understand where you're coming from, although I found Jellyfishing to be hilarious.

Misticblade723

[11]Oct 19, 2010

Some parts were. In fact, to be honest the episode would've been perfect if Squidward had been tricked into or forced into jellyfishing without being injured and disabled already. The FIRMLY GRASP IT joke wouldnt work but I never liked that one.

ShrinkinViolet

[12]Oct 20, 2010
    Misticblade723 wrote:

Some parts were. In fact, to be honest the episode would've been perfect if Squidward had been tricked into or forced into jellyfishing without being injured and disabled already. The FIRMLY GRASP IT joke wouldnt work but I never liked that one.

I guess you're right. And even though I thought the FIRMLY GRASP IT joke was funny, I honestly could have lived without it.

Misticblade723

[13]Oct 20, 2010

I never liked it. I mean its just taking a heavily injured person who doesn't want to be there at the moment, and shoving a solid object through their hand. When you get down to it, its sickening and shouldn't be on a kid's show

ShrinkinViolet

[14]Oct 21, 2010
    Well, I'm sure that the writers didn't itend for it to seem like that-it was probably just funny to them. And it's not like it showed any blood, so it technically is appropriate.

Psyduck057

[15]May 4, 2011

Ever since I saw House Fancy and Professor Squidward, I've been kind of feeling bad for him. SpongeBob and Patrick are really annoying in the new episodes. And SpongeBob was meant to be annoying to the characters, not the audiences. OOOh, they should also make episodes where we see a good side of Squidward like Dying For Pie or Pizza Delivery.

fweepers

[16]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 4

NO! What About In "Good Neighbors"?!

teenj12

[17]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 26
    Meg abuse on FG is much worse though.

Spider-Kid

[18]Nov 3, 2011
    The thing about it is that before the movie, whenever Squiardward got hurt, you would feel sorry for him because you felt like he didn't really deserve it, even if it was cleverly written. I always felt like that. But since the movie, I have hated how Squidward has been written; he's come off as such a stuck-up, ignorant jerk who doesn't hesitate to insult or berade Spongebob or Patrick any chance he gets (not that they don't deserve it from time to time), so now, whenever bad things happen to him, I enjoy it. It's sad, really. But that's how it is right now.

Third-Kind

[19]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 13
    Spider-Kid wrote:
    The thing about it is that before the movie, whenever Squiardward got hurt, you would feel sorry for him because you felt like he didn't really deserve it, even if it was cleverly written. I always felt like that. But since the movie, I have hated how Squidward has been written; he's come off as such a stuck-up, ignorant jerk who doesn't hesitate to insult or berade Spongebob or Patrick any chance he gets (not that they don't deserve it from time to time), so now, whenever bad things happen to him, I enjoy it. It's sad, really. But that's how it is right now.

I can see your point of view, but I throughout the newer episodes, I thought Squidward was a jerk because of how Sponge and Pat annoy the crap out of him. That's why I think Squiddy's become one of the most sympathetic characters on the show. I hate watching episodes where Squidward is well and truly happy, then the World's Worst Neighbours(TM) come along and mess it all up for him.