We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spongey wins a KCA! (again)

doguineta

[1]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 20

I am really surprised.

But in all seriousness, after watching Friendly Game & Oral Report, I guess this year is justified.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Boolia

[2]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 23
    I'm not. SpongeBob wins every year (except when Avatar won that one year).

futuramarama

[3]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 37
    when spongebob wins, is it because of that one year's episodes, or because of the show as a whole? like, if it wins 2012's, is it because of 2011's/2012's episodes up to that point, or is it because of the earlier episodes of the show? because in that aspect, if it is every episode, then i can see why it wins. but if it is only that particular year (or the previous year, whatever), i don't really understand.

Hail-the-Whale

[4]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 3

Go Spongebob!

I don't understand why people get all shocked and angry when he wins. I would agree that the show is riding off the success of the pre-movie episodes were it not for the fact that new episodes are consistantly among the most watched shows on all of cable television. Spongebob makes the top 25 every week without fail. Numbers don't lie; kids still love Spongebob. And this is the Kids Choice Awards, a show were kids vote for their favourites in each category. In effect, it's a popularity contest. Spongebob is the most popular. So why shouldn't he win?

I think people forget that the KCAs aren't judged awards, and that winning/not winning a blimp doesn't say anything about the quality of a show. Just it's popularity.

TL;DR - Lighten up, guys.

Toonrater21

[5]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 19

I knew spongebob was going to win anyway because all the nominees they picked for best animated show all sucked including spongebob now, and since it's the only show on nickelodeon on the list along with penguins. It makes me think they picked those shows purposely to make spongebob an easy victory to the kids.

aangloveskatara

[6]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 4

It does seem like that. Every year, Nick puts Spongebob up against a couple of other really bad cartoons, which makes the Sponge an automatic win. The last time Nick put them up against another decent cartoon, it was Avatar. And Avatar beat them. Since then, they've only had him compete with bad shows so that Spongebob can win.

Hail-the-Whale

[7]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 3

aangloveskatara wrote:

It does seem like that. Every year, Nick puts Spongebob up against a couple of other really bad cartoons, which makes the Sponge an automatic win. The last time Nick put them up against another decent cartoon, it was Avatar. And Avatar beat them. Since then, they've only had him compete with bad shows so that Spongebob can win.

In what way are Phineas and Ferb and Penguins of Madagascar "bad" shows? PoM is the number two rated animated series on broadcast and basic cable with kids 2-11, and I can't think of a more popular current Disney toon than P&F.

Toonrater21

[8]Apr 5, 2011

Hail-the-Whale wrote:

aangloveskatara wrote:

In what way are Phineas and Ferb and Penguins of Madagascar "bad" shows? PoM is the number two rated animated series on broadcast and basic cable with kids 2-11, and I can't think of a more popular current Disney toon than P&F.

Well Penguins of Madagascar is just plain boring, Phineas and Ferb is full of falure and I can't wait til it gets blown away even by Disney's other show Fish Hooks which is way more decent, and I say they shouldn't even have a "Favorite Cartoon" nomminees from this point foward which is also a bad thought if you think about it.Smile

Edited on 04/05/2011 6:53am

edmasterchaos

[9]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 41
    Toonrater21 wrote:

Hail-the-Whale wrote:

aangloveskatara wrote:

Well Penguins of Madagascar is just plain boring, Phineas and Ferb is full of falure and I can't wait til it gets blown away even by Disney's other show Fish Hooks which is way more decent, and I say they shouldn't even have a "Favorite Cartoon" nomminees from this point foward which is also a bad thought if you think about it.Smile

Wow, your tastes are... different. To say the least.

futuramarama

[10]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 37
    my friend says fishhooks is pretty much just disney's version of spongebob. this true?

edmasterchaos

[11]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 41
    futuramarama wrote:
    my friend says fishhooks is pretty much just disney's version of spongebob. this true?
    Nah, it follows a Three Amigos formula strictly, with a peppy girl, an idiot sidekick and a strawman nobody listens to as the main character. They all live in a pet-shop where apparently all the fish tanks are connected allowing them to have a society.

Toonrater21

[12]Apr 5, 2011
    Anyone remember when spongebob won over Ed, Edd n Eddy?

bugsy29

[13]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 15

Yeah, Ed Edd N Eddy should've won that year, but this year Scooby Doo should've won because it's a great show, and I don't see why people are saying it's one of the bad cartoons put up against SB, it's actually really good.

mahesh2001

[16]May 1, 2011
    • level: 11

Spongebob won because that is the cartoon they show!!!!! So it's like if this is the only cartoon they Show we should just vote for it! If they put some 90's cartoons back than i think that some of the results would change!

doguineta

[17]May 1, 2011
    • level: 20
    mahesh2001 wrote:

Spongebob won because that is the cartoon they show!!!!! So it's like if this is the only cartoon they Show we should just vote for it! If they put some 90's cartoons back than i think that some of the results would change!

That wouldn't be profeitbale, the shows are cancelled so they don't get more money from them.