We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

SpongeBob Plotholes

whizkid777

[1]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 19

Just about every book, TV show, movie, video game/video game series with a plot etc. have something that doesn't make sense and SpongeBob is no exception. So discuss them here!

The most obvious is what happened at the end of the movie, but lots of episodes have it too. I know it's only a cartoon, but sometimes it's fun thinking up theories. Here's my example:

I Was A Teenage Gary: The ending.
    My theory: My theory is that this episode was when Sandy was a scientist, and she found the snails there. She didn't realise at first, but eventually she saw they had similarities to Squidward and SpongeBob, and eventually realised it was them, and changed them back.

Edited on 03/10/2009 2:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rock_Goddess_18

[2]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 17

Dear Vikings:

My theory: The ending was too abrupt, so once SpongeBob plugged up the hole, he had the vikings row around the rest of the sea while SpongeBob ahd fun watching the sea view and evening and night sky, because the vikings were gonna travel all day and night! SpongeBob had to stay in his spot while the vikings had wild parties and had nachos and cheese! Squidward after being flung far away, eventually fins his way back home and throws a celebration because SpongeBob still is not back yet! So he plays his clarinet all night and makes a painting of a viking helmet and how Squidward could be a viking king! Or he just painted ocean views and pirate ships. Once SpongeBob and the vikings got back to Bikini Bottom, they all said friendly good-byes and hoped they would come across each other again. And finally, Mr. Krabs was counting up his money the whole night back at the Krusty Krabs and his Anchor house.

SpongeSebastian

[3]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 41
    The novelized version of "Sandy's Rocket" fills in the plothole.

FOP_fan17

[4]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    SpongeBob claims that he is already a manager of the Krusty Krab in "Stanley S. SquarePants," yet he doesn't become a manager until the movie.

terminoob

[5]Mar 10, 2009
    Isn't Squidward still in jail at the end of "Good 'ol whatshisface"? (or whatshisname, I forget lol), so yea... that's kinda weird... Maybe he drove all the other people in jail crazy with his constant naming things so they released him early just cause they were sick of it

clapmaster

[6]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 20
    Wishing You Well

The ending: If Mr Krabs gets eaten by that guy, doesn't that mean he's dead? I guess so, unless the magic saved him, which I doubt it did

SpongeSebastian

[7]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 41
    SquidBob TentaclePants

My ending: The therapist tells Squidward to release his innerself or something and he does.

(Sorry, that's all I could think of.)

whizkid777

[8]Mar 11, 2009

SquidBob TentaclePants: Ending.
    My theory: The therapist's son had just made an invention to fix that sort of thing, coincidently, so he turned them back, but it took a while.

It said the message was blank, so I just had to write this pointless sentence too.

Edited on 03/11/2009 9:46am

talonmalon333

[9]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 27

The Paper: After Squidward loses the paper, SpongeBob feels bad and decides to give him back his house.
    (Possibly though, SpongeBob keeps the shirt since that was the real part of the trade. Perhaps that explains how Squidward got back his shirt in Can You Spare a Dime? after losing everything. SpongeBob lets him live in his house, and gives him back the shirt.)

whizkid777 wrote:

I Was A Teenage Gary: The ending.
    My theory: My theory is that this episode was when Sandy was a scientist, and she found the snails there. She didn't realise at first, but eventually she saw they had similarities to Squidward and SpongeBob, and eventually realised it was them, and changed them back.

I think it's more likely that the affect just wore off over time.

JellyFishJammer

[10]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 29
    Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV: The ending, and well, everything.
    My Theory: The shrink ray's effect is not permanent, that's why mermaid Man didn't remember how to reverse it. Eventually, everybody and everything started to grow back to normal.

talonmalon333

[11]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 27
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    My Theory: The shrink ray's effect is not permanent, that's why mermaid Man didn't remember how to reverse it. Eventually, everybody and everything started to grow back to normal.

Or maybe SpongeBob realized that Bikini Bottom was smaller then the rest of the world, so he fired the shrink ray into the sky, where it made contact with satellites floating in the sky, which sent the rays into the sun, causing a wave that spread through the rest of the universe, causing every galaxy to shrink...

... or perhaps your theory is more likely.

whizkid777

[12]Mar 13, 2009
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:

Or maybe SpongeBob realized that Bikini Bottom was smaller then the rest of the world, so he fired the shrink ray into the sky, where it made contact with satellites floating in the sky, which sent the rays into the sun, causing a wave that spread through the rest of the universe, causing every galaxy to shrink...

... or perhaps your theory is more likely.
    I agree with your theory!

Rock_Goddess_18

[13]Mar 13, 2009
    Doing Time: After Mrs. Puff's hallucination about that criminal who said: "So what's for dinner tonight Puff Mama? Chili?" And after Mrs. Puff screamed again and then said "Aw forget it." Once that was over, they fell for five more minutes into a very low trench in the ocean that goes down for miles, which is why they were falling for so long. Once they land in the trench, there are very scary creatures and monsters around them. So now they do their best to evade them for survival, same goes for the police officers. After a long adventure of finding a way up and out, after thinking strategic ways of climbing on rocks, jumping across gaps, avoiding pits of lava, and finding ways to have the monsters distracted with something else, they eventually find their way out, which leads to a graveyard of pirate ships. After The Flying Dutchman appears again and some deals and arguments are made, Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob finally go home because the police officers let them go free of charge for saving their lives. That's my theory for after Doing Time's ending.

crystalopal

[14]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    The Splinter: Everything about it.
    Theory: Only god and the closest crack seller to the SpongeBob studios know.

whizkid777

[15]Mar 13, 2009
    crystalopal wrote:

What exactly do you mean by that?

crystalopal

[16]Mar 13, 2009
    whizkid777 wrote:
    crystalopal wrote:

The fact that the writers had to be on crack to write that episode.

whizkid777

[17]Mar 13, 2009
    crystalopal wrote:
    whizkid777 wrote:
    crystalopal wrote:

So, plot-wise, what didn't make sense?
    Sure, splinters aren't like that, but the plot makes sense. Even though the plot is a load of [censored].

crystalopal

[18]Mar 13, 2009
    whizkid777 wrote:
    crystalopal wrote:
    whizkid777 wrote:
    crystalopal wrote:

Sure, splinters aren't like that, but the plot makes sense. Even though the plot is a load of [censored].
    I didn't mean just the plot. I ment EVERYTHING.

whizkid777

[19]Mar 13, 2009
    crystalopal wrote:
    whizkid777 wrote:
    crystalopal wrote:
    whizkid777 wrote:
    crystalopal wrote:

I didn't mean just the plot. I ment EVERYTHING.

Well the point of this thread is when plots don't make sense, but oh well.

Life of Crime: The fire.
    My theory: It was magical fire.

Rock_Goddess_18

[20]Mar 13, 2009

Man Ray after the end of Mermaid Man and Barnalce Boy III: Since he was able to do bad things again without laughing from being tickled in MM & BB V my guess is this: He decided to take some evil power villain classes and have special dark warlocks try magic practices on him to get rid of the tickle effect on him, and after a week or so of attempts, thye were able to get rid of it! Because Man Ray wanted to do this a few weeks later after MM & BB 3 since after a short while he was tired of doing good deeds and all this hard work for folks around Bikini Bottom, and he really wanted to do evil things again because he thought they were more fun!

So yep Man Ray is back to normal again! Ready to avoid Mermaid Man's attempts for another possible future tickle belt. After being with dark warlocks and special evil viallain classes!