We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

spongebob loses

Prateem

[41]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    AaRoN122894 wrote:
    In MY opinion, Avatar sucks and is really boring. Spongebob deserved it a lot more than sucky avatar. If you disagree with me I really don't give a f**k.
    I'm gonna take it that you haven't even given the show much of a chance. Heck, I doubt you've even seen past the first 10 episodes.

Like I said, judgemental people are just that. But you said that you don't give a f**k, so I'll leave it at that.

Note, I mean you no more disrespect past the "judgemental" comment. It'd be ignorant to say I meant you no disrespect at all in this post when I blatantly said that word.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

suss2it

[42]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 14
    AaRoN122894 wrote:
    Spongebob deserved it a lot more than sucky avatar.
    Well if Spongebob deserved to win, why didn't it?

spongebobfan_17

[43]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 22
    suss2it wrote:
    AaRoN122894 wrote:
    Spongebob deserved it a lot more than sucky avatar.
    Well if Spongebob deserved to win, why didn't it?
    Because the KCA started to be a publicitary trick

yogi_tulsii

[44]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    Robochao21 wrote:
    hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:
    Finally.Avatar won beacuse it has an actual plot that isn't danm gay sponge and gay starfish in nautical nonsense
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT SPONGEBOB AND PLOT DON'T MATTER IT IS THE WAY YOU CONNET TO THE SHOW AND FOR ME THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOO CONNETION BETWEEN A EVERYDAY PERSON AND A AIR BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU EVER SAY SB IS GAY BECAUSE LIKE I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY REVIEW ABOUT HIM THERE IS NO REAL EVDINCE THAT HE IS GAY HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT KNOW THAT AVATAR IS GAY BUT SOMEBODY IS NOT READY TO SAY!!!!! PLOT PLOT PLOT I SAY DON'T MATER DON'T MATTER DON'T MATTER.

PEOPLE NEED JOY AND LAUGHTER IN THIS WORLD!!!!!

NOT VOILENCE!!! IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ALL READY BETWEEN THE WAR AND THERE BEING NO JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you **** stop that?

Geese.

See this is the reason why people spam us everyday..

Because of **** like this guy.

Um hpfreakfan, im a fan of hp and avatar. if you say the world doesnt need violence, why read HP? No simiairity between airbender and normal person? how about harry potter and a normal person? just because a person has special powers doesnt mean thy are totaly different for a normal person. so please, if you still think yur write, take down yur username, as you just make hp fans seem unintelligent, stupid, one dimensional etc.

meatboys

[45]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 20

acually, i hated almost everyone that won the award

I hated jessica Alba

I Hated Chris Brown

and i hated ratatoullie

merdok2005

[46]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 19
    Ughhh, some of you people are way overreacting. Avatar won for a reason, because we have a looot of fans. The kca's were not rigged in anyway possible, if so, Spongebob would've won. You heard them say the votes doubled, and it might've been because of us. If you would watch the season two finale or the amazing 310 and 311, you would understand our love for this show. Spongebob is getting really old. We got that spongebob is ready in the first episode...ENough. lol.

Afro_monkee

[48]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    Think of this, ok? No one cartoon can hold up an entire network on their own, they're likely to be crushed. It could use some help, so let's just say that Nick finally let someone like that come along and lighten the burden, and the viewers think it had the strength to carry a little more, to finally give the poor sponge a break.

spongebobfan200

[49]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 30
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

I think SpongeBob deserved to win, but Avatar!!!

I like more The Simpsons than Avatar

I think maybe the KCA is becoming in to a publicitary trick, just think it, the resents SpongeBob season aren't so good like the old ones (1, 2, 3) (Well, I like all the seasons) and Avatar is becoming in a popular show, so maybe nick made Avatar win to win more viewers

Oh that's rich. Nick favoring AVATAR?!?! A 5 second of text at the bottom of the screen is Avatar's promotion. Spongebob gets marathons, new episodes, daily reruns, and commercials. Avatar gets none of that. It's pretty obvious who's getting favored here.
    I don't mean that Avatar is the favorite of Nick, I mean that Nick is trying to use another strategy if you understand, I think they want to see how famous Avatar can be and if it can win to SpongeBob

And SpongeBob have maratons, because the show have more episodes than Avatar, well I think so and new episodes, because the people who works in SpongeBob is trying to still the show alive

If the other two shows won, I would let that one slide, because if neither Avatar and Spongebob won, then, we might had learned something.

Amity_Phantom

[50]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:
    Finally.Avatar won beacuse it has an actual plot that isn't danm gay sponge and gay starfish in nautical nonsense

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT SPONGEBOB AND PLOT DON'T MATTER IT IS THE WAY YOU CONNET TO THE SHOW AND FOR ME THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOO CONNETION BETWEEN A EVERYDAY PERSON AND A AIR BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you saying you connect to a sponge more than an airbender? Are you saying that you have more in common with a sponge, a dumb starfish (he is dumb-that's his trademark), a greedy restruant owner, and many other characters who are only there for light satire, then an airbender who must face his responsibilities (much like Harry Potter, btw), and other fully developed characters who all face problems and have real human emotions? I hope not. DON'T YOU EVER SAY SB IS GAY BECAUSE LIKE I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY REVIEW ABOUT HIM THERE IS NO REAL EVDINCE THAT HE IS GAY Wow, so you wrote in your review that Spongebob isn't gay Total evidence there. Actually, some people believe SB and Patrick are gay because they have held hands and got together as a 'couple' in one episode-and they are 19 and 20 years old, as Nick stated once. HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT KNOW THAT AVATAR IS GAY BUT SOMEBODY IS NOT READY TO SAY!!!!! He has already verbally stated "I LOVE KATARA" and has been hinting in so many episodes that he likes her. PLOT PLOT PLOT I SAY DON'T MATER DON'T MATTER DON'T MATTER. I cannot believe that is your final arguement.

PEOPLE NEED JOY AND LAUGHTER IN THIS WORLD!!!!! Not long posts ranting one-sided about a futile topic.

NOT VOILENCE!!! Yes, please support that statement, instead of making these posts that actually stir up violence. IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ALL READY BETWEEN THE WAR AND THERE BEING NO JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

wiseone_777

[51]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    Amity_Phantom wrote:
    hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT SPONGEBOB AND PLOT DON'T MATTER IT IS THE WAY YOU CONNET TO THE SHOW AND FOR ME THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOO CONNETION BETWEEN A EVERYDAY PERSON AND A AIR BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you saying you connect to a sponge more than an airbender? Are you saying that you have more in common with a sponge, a dumb starfish (he is dumb-that's his trademark), a greedy restruant owner, and many other characters who are only there for light satire, then an airbender who must face his responsibilities (much like Harry Potter, btw), and other fully developed characters who all face problems and have real human emotions? I hope not. DON'T YOU EVER SAY SB IS GAY BECAUSE LIKE I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY REVIEW ABOUT HIM THERE IS NO REAL EVDINCE THAT HE IS GAY Wow, so you wrote in your review that Spongebob isn't gay Total evidence there. Actually, some people believe SB and Patrick are gay because they have held hands and got together as a 'couple' in one episode-and they are 19 and 20 years old, as Nick stated once. HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT KNOW THAT AVATAR IS GAY BUT SOMEBODY IS NOT READY TO SAY!!!!! He has already verbally stated "I LOVE KATARA" and has been hinting in so many episodes that he likes her. PLOT PLOT PLOT I SAY DON'T MATER DON'T MATTER DON'T MATTER. I cannot believe that is your final arguement.

PEOPLE NEED JOY AND LAUGHTER IN THIS WORLD!!!!! Not long posts ranting one-sided about a futile topic.

NOT VOILENCE!!! Yes, please support that statement, instead of making these posts that actually stir up violence. IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ALL READY BETWEEN THE WAR AND THERE BEING NO JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

QFT!?!

NitaAries327

[52]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 18
    I voted once and I gave my vote to Avatar. There's nothing wrong with that.

cyber-tooth

[53]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 9

Can everyone please stop flaming each other! You're not going to come to an agreement if you keep on bashing the other show.

Personally, I love the fact that Avatar won. It deserves a bit more recognition.

It must have been a really close race with Spongebob, though. Good job to all of you who voted, and be happy that you were the KCA favourite for the last 6-7 years, SB fans.

Still, just because Avatar doesn't revolve around humour, doesn't mean it can't be funny or light hearted! How about the famous Cactus Juice! All hail the Giant Mushroom!

toosmooth

[54]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    Robochao21 wrote:
    MWJ13 wrote:

I will say this again.

Avatar won because it has plot. Spongebob, That ed show, and The Simpsons don't have a true plot. They all follow the same concept, use the same jokes, etc. Who do you people hate Avatar? Because it actually appeals to a more older fanbase? Because it has PLOT? I don't dislike the other nominees, but out of all of them, Avatar deserved to win.

Plot. Plot. Plot.

All of you avatar fans can use the word plot.

But can you use the word "Nobody cares"?

Well first of all, your a complete idiot. "Nobody Cares" is two words. Not 'word', WORDS. Plural. If your going to whine and complain about your cartoon losing to a better cartoon, get over it. Spongebob is already down on its knees for Avatar. And guess what, spongebob likes it.

talonmalon333

[55]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 27

I noticed two things.

1. All those little Avatar fans are spending a lot of time on this forum... shows that these is nothing better to do on their own forum .

2. The Avatar fans won, but still need to prove themelves on this place?

For fans, you guys aren't giving your show a good name.

Spike815

[56]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 14
    talonmalon333 wrote:

I noticed two things.

1. All those little Avatar fans are spending a lot of time on this forum... shows that these is nothing better to do on their own forum .

1. Sorry for posting on a public board. Maybe we should go back to segragating things based on beliefs.

2. How do our actions have any effect on the show?

talonmalon333

[57]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 27
    Spike815 wrote:
    talonmalon333 wrote:

I noticed two things.

1. Sorry for posting on a public board. Maybe we should go back to segragating things based on beliefs. 2. How do our actions have any effect on the show?

You don't get what I mean. You guys just come in swarms and do nothing but flame.

I say we have a right to defend.

joeking14

[58]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    talonmalon333 wrote:

I noticed two things.

1. Sorry for posting on a public board. Maybe we should go back to segragating things based on beliefs. 2. How do our actions have any effect on the show?

You don't get what I mean. You guys just come in swarms and do nothing but flame.

You weren't defending yourself and some of us do more then flame.

Prateem

[59]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    talonmalon333 wrote:

I noticed two things.

On the polar end of that statement, I've defended both Avatar and Spongebob in most of the posts on these forums. I've tried to show that I also respect the show Spongebob and it's fans. It's the fact that you guys flame Avatar that draws Avatards to defend it.

[ sarcasm ]Forgive us if we love our show as much as you love yours. We didn't realize you guys were the only ones that were allowed to feel passionately about something.[ /sarcasm ]

Also, if you want to make a generalized statement like that about the Avatar fandom, then here's one that relates to the Spongebob fandom (to make the playing field even, if you will): All you guys do is judge a show before even really giving it a chance. Try watching more than just five episodes (which I know is an extreme to many Spongebob fans) to get an actual feel for the show, please.

If you're going to spend hours of your life attacking/defending a certain show, then actually watch hours of that certain show so you know what you're talking about. And yes, I have watched hours of Spongebob before, and I have watched hours of Ed, Edd n' Eddy, The Simpsons, and (Especially) Avatar.

Edited on 03/30/2008 3:18pm

Batweb32

[60]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    People just need to accept that Avatar won. It did. It won. People voted and Avatar got the most voted. That's it. Done.

And next year this will all start over again.....only this time, they'll be different shows.

"It was rigged!"

I doubt they were rigged.

"Nick is favoring a show!"

They only favor the shows that make the most money, they don't care about the fans.

At least this will be the last year of the SB and Avatar wars...unless Avatar gets nominated again.