We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

spongebob loses

spongebobfan_17

[22]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 22
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

I think SpongeBob deserved to win, but Avatar!!!

I like more The Simpsons than Avatar

I think maybe the KCA is becoming in to a publicitary trick, just think it, the resents SpongeBob season aren't so good like the old ones (1, 2, 3) (Well, I like all the seasons) and Avatar is becoming in a popular show, so maybe nick made Avatar win to win more viewers

Oh that's rich. Nick favoring AVATAR?!?! A 5 second of text at the bottom of the screen is Avatar's promotion. Spongebob gets marathons, new episodes, daily reruns, and commercials. Avatar gets none of that. It's pretty obvious who's getting favored here.
    I don't mean that Avatar is the favorite of Nick, I mean that Nick is trying to use another strategy if you understand, I think they want to see how famous Avatar can be and if it can win to SpongeBob

And SpongeBob have maratons, because the show have more episodes than Avatar, well I think so and new episodes, because the people who works in SpongeBob is trying to still the show alive

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

leafninja0011

[23]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    MWJ13 wrote:

I will say this again.

Avatar won because it has plot. Spongebob, That ed show, and The Simpsons don't have a true plot. They all follow the same concept, use the same jokes, etc. Who do you people hate Avatar? Because it actually appeals to a more older fanbase? Because it has PLOT? I don't dislike the other nominees, but out of all of them, Avatar deserved to win.

This isn't about plots, or which show is better, The Kcas are just votes from kids to decide which are their favorites.

Anyway I was really surprised at this, I thought SB had a larger fanbase. And you can vote more than once, it isn't called cheating, Avatar won fair.

WiseLad

[24]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

I think maybe the KCA is becoming in to a publicitary trick, just think it, the resents SpongeBob season aren't so good like the old ones (1, 2, 3) (Well, I like all the seasons) and Avatar is becoming in a popular show, so maybe nick made Avatar win to win more viewers

Oh that's rich. Nick favoring AVATAR?!?! A 5 second of text at the bottom of the screen is Avatar's promotion. Spongebob gets marathons, new episodes, daily reruns, and commercials. Avatar gets none of that. It's pretty obvious who's getting favored here.
    I don't mean that Avatar is the favorite of Nick, I mean that Nick is trying to use another strategy if you understand, I think they want to see how famous Avatar can be and if it can win to SpongeBob

And SpongeBob have maratons, because the show have more episodes than Avatar, well I think so and new episodes, because the people who works in SpongeBob is trying to still the show alive

actually I saw Simpsons as the "show" fighting with Avatar this year; as they had the "movie". is there a way to know exactly how the "votes went"?

vampys_girl

[25]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:
    Finally.Avatar won beacuse it has an actual plot that isn't danm gay sponge and gay starfish in nautical nonsense
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT SPONGEBOB AND PLOT DON'T MATTER IT IS THE WAY YOU CONNET TO THE SHOW AND FOR ME THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOO CONNETION BETWEEN A EVERYDAY PERSON AND A AIR BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU EVER SAY SB IS GAY BECAUSE LIKE I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY REVIEW ABOUT HIM THERE IS NO REAL EVDINCE THAT HE IS GAY HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT KNOW THAT AVATAR IS GAY BUT SOMEBODY IS NOT READY TO SAY!!!!! PLOT PLOT PLOT I SAY DON'T MATER DON'T MATTER DON'T MATTER.

PEOPLE NEED JOY AND LAUGHTER IN THIS WORLD!!!!!

NOT VOILENCE!!! IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ALL READY BETWEEN THE WAR AND THERE BEING NO JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to disagree but people need shows that stimulate their minds. Television is very influential in kids and while SpongeBob can get kids to laugh a show like Avatar can make you experience all kinds of emotions. Happiness, sadness, excitement... Also Avatar can inspire kids to learn more about asian culture and to develop an interest in history. Also the fact that Avatar has a plot allows the viewers (kids, teens and adults) to comprehense, analyze and think in an analytical way which helps develop the brain. I don't want to offend any SB fan but this show only brings jokes and funny things to the minds of kids, not allowing them to mature.

Before someone says I'm spamming I must say that this is a forum to discuss the show and not only for fans. I have my opinion and I don't want to disrespect others so please don't disrespect me.

Murellus

[27]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 9

86,708,020 People voted for Avatar. Spongebob is growing mold.

Actually if you read it carefully, it's 86,708,020 Million, that's 86,708,020,000,000. So HA! 86.7 trillion votes is pure pwnage.

spongebobfan_17

[28]Mar 29, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

actually I saw Simpsons as the "show" fighting with Avatar this year; as they had the "movie". is there a way to know exactly how the "votes went"?
    Well, maybe the movie helped a little to The Simpsons, but I think that Avatar and SpongeBob have a bigger rivality

SplitReflection

[29]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

Well, maybe the movie helped a little to The Simpsons, but I think that Avatar and SpongeBob have a bigger rivality

I don't really think the Simpsons should have won. It was the "kids" choice awards and the Simpsons, while enjoyed by many kids, is really aimed for older people. Spongebob probably has the most "kid" fans, but Avatar has a greater online presence.

spongebobfan_17

[30]Mar 29, 2008
    SplitReflection wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

I don't really think the Simpsons should have won. It was the "kids" choice awards and the Simpsons, while enjoyed by many kids, is really aimed for older people. Spongebob probably has the most "kid" fans, but Avatar has a greater online presence.
    I agree with you, but the KCA is being transformed a little for teenagers, too

chanteltrainer

[31]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

Actually its just the fandoms that are rivals, but when it comes to nick, they sadly choose a sponge who lives in a pinapple over the epic deep plot of avatar. so at least spongey fans get to see it everyday, unlike avatar fans who haven't seen an new epi in 4 MONTHS! we dont even get RERUNS! try to imagine your self without sponge for that long...

Lisa31468

[32]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 17

WhaleSearcher91 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    Maybe because people like Avatar more than those shows?
    or maybe you guys voted 10,000 times a day? just a thought

Shuh.

Dude, we're not a fanbase, we're a religion.

Qwaps

[33]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 2
    Lisa31468 wrote:

WhaleSearcher91 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:

Shuh.

Dunno why, but that reminded me of Scientology.

Prateem

[34]Mar 30, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:

WhaleSearcher91 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:

Shuh.

So freaking true it's scary.

hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:
    Finally.Avatar won beacuse it has an actual plot that isn't danm gay sponge and gay starfish in nautical nonsense
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT SPONGEBOB AND PLOT DON'T MATTER IT IS THE WAY YOU CONNET TO THE SHOW AND FOR ME THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOO CONNETION BETWEEN A EVERYDAY PERSON AND A AIR BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU EVER SAY SB IS GAY BECAUSE LIKE I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY REVIEW ABOUT HIM THERE IS NO REAL EVDINCE THAT HE IS GAY HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT KNOW THAT AVATAR IS GAY BUT SOMEBODY IS NOT READY TO SAY!!!!! PLOT PLOT PLOT I SAY DON'T MATER DON'T MATTER DON'T MATTER.

NOT VOILENCE!!! IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ALL READY BETWEEN THE WAR AND THERE BEING NO JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, firstly... people can relate to a human that undergoes problems and stress and love in their life much, MUCH more than a sponge that's constantly happy and can do absurd things underwater like create a fire?.

And if you actually watch Avatar, you'll know that the whole show is based around ending the war. Yes, it implies violence, but it has no blatant scenes of intense violence like you may see in say, Full Metal Alchemist (which, for the record, is an awesome show).

People need joy and laughter, yes, but they also need to get out of their happy go lucky caves where they try to avoid the issues in the world and in everyday life. Issues like the ones addressed in Avatar. Not in Spongebob. In Avatar. And also, again, if you actually watched the show, you'd know that there's plenty of joy, plenty of laughter, plenty of heart-felt moments, and plenty of romance in there as well. But then I guess judgemental people are just that: judgemental.

All of that formatting is in there for stress. See how I absolutely nullified your statement without even implying that Spongebob is gay Thanks. Enjoy. Bye.

And for the record and the sheer truth of it all...

PLOT PLOT PLOT!

It's so much more fun to watch a show and anticipate what's going to happen and experience anxiety and actually FEEL something than to just know it's going to be filled with randomness.

Edited on 03/29/2008 11:10pm
    Edited 5 total times.

kittiekat10105

[35]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 18
    meatboys wrote:

how did avatar win the kca?

if you ask me neither avatar or spongebob deserved the award

the simpsons did!!!!

i mean come on, AVATAR?????????

i woud've picked ed edd'n eddie over that any day

besides i liked ed edd'n eddie, it was a good show

Hey! What's wrong with Avatar? Aang deserved to win. I mean don't get me wrong. I like Spongebob as much as the next guy, but Avatar has a good plot, occasionall seriosnes, and my favorite romance . Whats not to like? I like that the charecters aren't always happy and cheary, but they actually have problems that they need to work out and relationship issues.

Edited on 03/29/2008 11:18pm

SgtHydra

[36]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    Prateem wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

WhaleSearcher91 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:

Shuh.

hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:

Okay, firstly... people can relate to a human that undergoes problems and stress and love in their life much, MUCH more than a sponge that's constantly happy and can do absurd things underwater like create a fire?.

And if you actually watch Avatar, you'll know that the whole show is based around ending the war. Yes, it implies violence, but it has no blatant scenes of intense violence like you may see in say, Full Metal Alchemist (which, for the record, is an awesome show).

People need joy and laughter, yes, but they also need to get out of their happy go lucky caves where they try to avoid the issues in the world and in everyday life. Issues like the ones addressed in Avatar. Not in Spongebob. In Avatar. And also, again, if you actually watched the show, you'd know that there's plenty of joy, plenty of laughter, plenty of heart-felt moments, and plenty of romance in there as well. But then I guess judgemental people are just that: judgemental.

All of that formatting is in there for stress. See how I absolutely nullified your statement without even implying that Spongebob is gay Thanks. Enjoy. Bye.

PLOT PLOT PLOT!

It's so much more fun to watch a show and anticipate what's going to happen and experience anxiety and actually FEEL something than to just know it's going to be filled with randomness.

Spoken like a prophet...

spongebobfan_17

[37]Mar 30, 2008
    chanteltrainer wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    spongebobfan_17 wrote:

Actually its just the fandoms that are rivals, but when it comes to nick, they sadly choose a sponge who lives in a pinapple over the epic deep plot of avatar. so at least spongey fans get to see it everyday, unlike avatar fans who haven't seen an new epi in 4 MONTHS! we dont even get RERUNS! try to imagine your self without sponge for that long...
    When they was making The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, we was waiting for new episodes for more time than 4 months!!!

Prateem

[38]Mar 30, 2008
    Since you seem to want to talk about past breaks..

4 months? PSSHHHHH!

I doubt you've had to wait 10 months for episodes. The break between Season Two and Season Three was.... well, 10 months.

And now there's a mid-season break that's lasted 4 months during what is one of the most climactic and crucial turning points in the plot (oh, there's that word again!)? It's blasphemy!

vampys_girl

[39]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    SgtHydra wrote:
    Prateem wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:

WhaleSearcher91 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:

Shuh.

hpfreakfan wrote:

OrbofTornami wrote:

PLOT PLOT PLOT!

Spoken like a prophet...

Agreed

AaRoN122894

[40]Mar 30, 2008
    In MY opinion, Avatar sucks and is really boring. Spongebob deserved it a lot more than sucky avatar. If you disagree with me I really don't give a f**k.