We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Saddest moment in SpongeBob?

Misticblade723

[21]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 3

Well, of course the saddest ones are when Spongebob and Patrick are dying in the movie (Dried to death but came back) and when Squidward though Spongebob exploded (Dying for Pie)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rosspel

[22]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 9
    ShrinkinViolet wrote:

Jamesbray wrote:
    There were always those times where Squidward made SpongeBob cry, like in Christmas Who? and Fools and April that I found pretty sad.

Thank you! I thought I was the only who felt sad when SpongeBob cried in Fools in April.

Yeah i also think that part was kinda sad, Squidward was kinda mean to Spongebob in that scene.

ShrinkinViolet

[23]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 11

Come to think of it, I actually found the scene in Welcome to the Chum Bucket where SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs sang that song was a little sad.

CarlieNye0

[24]Oct 28, 2010

I thought it was sad when everyone called Spongebob Idiot Boy. He left town because of them. I almost cried.

ShrinkinViolet

[25]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 11
    CarlieNye0 wrote:

I thought it was sad when everyone called Spongebob Idiot Boy. He left town because of them. I almost cried.

Same.

Voo_Bopo

[26]Nov 13, 2010
    ShrinkinViolet wrote:

For me, it's probably when SpongeBob and Patrick were dying on the drying rack in the movie.

This. I was thirteen or fourteen when I first saw that moment. And it was really sad, especially for a huge fan.

CarlieNye0

[27]Feb 24, 2011
    Here's a new one that not many people have seen yet. It's an episode called Perfect Chemistry. It deals with Plankton and Sandy working on an invention. There is a part where Spongebob is sad because she called Plankton her new lab partner. Then there is a close up where you see Spongebob's heart breaking into pieces. It's about the middle of the episode when this happens. It is still a great episode. Here is the link to the episode. http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-squarepants-perfect-chemistry-152b-full-cart.html

money3003

[28]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 6

For some reasons, I felt a bit sad in the Dying For Pie episode. When Squidward thought SpongeBob exploded and bursted into, I felt kind of sorry even though it was obvious that SpongeBob was still alive. It was nice to see that Squidward actually cared.

mack9dizzy

[29]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 2

Are you kidding? In Fools and april I cried so hard that was when I officially startedHATING Squidward.

fweepers

[30]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 4

mack9dizzy wrote:

Are you kidding? In Fools and april I cried so hard that was when I officially startedHATING Squidward.

Hating Him?! .... The Saddest moment is...in "That Sinking Feeling" when Squidward "Grinds" Spongebob & Patrick into chum.

PIGGYDOOM

[31]Feb 11, 2013
    • level: 8

"Gary come home" song in the episode "Have you seen this snail?"

I also cried when seeing Spongebob and Patrick die on the drying rack in the movie, and seeing Squidward being a jerk to Spongebob in "Little Yellow Book".

Edited on 04/13/2013 4:13am
    Edited 3 total times.

Murvine_Taylor

[32]Feb 12, 2014

I thought it was sad when SpongeBob got fired in the special "SpongeBob You're Fired". The poor sponge cried a lot and was really depressed to the extent of becoming a woobie. I can't tell you how tearjerking it was. I felt really bad for SpongeBob that I just wanted to hug him.

(Btw, if you do not know what woobie and tearjerking mean, look it up on tvtropes.org.)

When you think about it, the episode "Gone" was pretty sad because everyone celebrated a cruel holiday dedicated to getting away from SpongeBob, forgetting all of the selfless things he has done. I also found it sad when Squidward cried in "Enchanted Tikki Dreams".

Speaking of Squidward I found it sad when he did not care about SpongeBob one bit in "Whatever Happened To SpongeBob". The beginning of that special was also sad because everyone called SpongeBob an idiot boy and drove him out of town.

Edited on 06/16/2014 6:39pm