We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

"Restraining SpongeBob" Episode Discussion

tigerdude22

[1]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 43

POST HERE for your opinion on the SB episode "Restraining SpongeBob" please!!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marebear2009

[2]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 27

What I liked:

.The premise, although I was hoping it would focus a little more on Spongebob actually having the restraining order

.Patrick throughout the episode

.Squidward getting burned on the grill

.The lawyers

.Spongebob had a couple funny facial expressions

.The callback to "New Student Starfish" with Spongebob getting upset about losing a gold star... nice to see a hint of continuity

.Spongebob breaking up the fight between Patrick and Squidward despite knowing he would violate his restraining order

.The surprise ending. I was expecting something really predictable, like the restraining order expiring or something.

What I didn't like:

. Spongebob (and Patrick, somewhat) was annoying.

.Spongebob not knowing what a restraining order was (even before starting to watch the episode, I knew that was coming).

. Parts of the episode dragged and felt really repetitive

. The very ending, despite the surprise, felt lazy.

Overall: It was disappointing compared to most of the other more recent episodes, but it turned out alright. To be honest, it felt more like a season 4 or 5 episode than a season 8 in my opinion, not that that's really a bad thing. It just wasn't a great episode, I didn't think.

Grade: C+

Edited on 04/03/2012 4:44pm

PNest

[3]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 10

honestly i liked the episode.

it was good to see dquidward use the law to get spongebob to stop annoying him but it backfired with patrick

it wasnt a great episode it felt like season 4 it was funny!

tigerdude22

[4]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 43
    @marebear2009 and @PNest: I gotta agree with you guys, this episode really wasn't that good. It's not terrible but for Season 8's standards, it's one of the weakest episodes BUT it's nowhere near as weak as "Squidward's School For Grown Ups"

Also, I gotta agree... this episode did feel more like Season 4. Not that Season 4 was bad, I found that season to be pretty enjoyable but it didn't feel like Season 8 episode though

Overall, I would most likely rate this episode a 6.5 out of 10

fsaenz0125

[5]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 23
    This episode was a little boring in a few of the scene. In addition to that, Patrick asking Squidward that he may watch Squidward was probably the annoying part in here. Besides that, this episode was just decent. My score will be between 7 and 7.5.

YellowRaven2715

[6]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 7
    fsaenz0125 wrote:
    This episode was a little boring in a few of the scene. In addition to that, Patrick asking Squidward that he may watch Squidward was probably the annoying part in here. Besides that, this episode was just decent. My score will be between 7 and 7.5.

Same here.