We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Overrated Episodes

bob_ball

[1]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 13

Here we talk about episodes that we find overrated. I got the idea from a comment by a certain user about a certain one of the best SpongeBob episodes ever (yes I'm talking to you whizkid and please explain why you find The Camping Episode overrated )

Anyway I will start by posting (in my opinion) one of the most overrated episodes ever.

Have You Seen This Snail?

Seriously, its a good episode, but its not a superb episode like my post people think it is.

The beginning dragged a lot and the way they set up Gary's return to SpongeBob was pretty dull.

Feel free to comment about others opinions and to place what you think are overrated episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ultimatekey

[2]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 22
    Don't we already have a thread like this?

JellyFishJammer

[3]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 29
    The Graveyard Shift: (DUCKS)
    Ok, it is funny and I do like it a lot, but people praise this episode I honestly don't see what is the hullabaloo. I don't really know how to explain it, but it got boring at times? I don't know, it's overrated. period.

SB-129: (HUGE DUCK)
    Nah, I don't see what's the big deal with this one either. it used to be one of my least favorites of season 1, but I've grown a little more fond to it, just a little. I don't like the pre-historic bit, I thought it was dumb, sorry. The only part I actually like is the "Alone" part. Other than that: overrated.

SpongeSebastian

[4]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 41
    "Neptune's Spatula" is very overrated. Some consider it to be the best of season 1, but I consider it to be one of the worst episodes of the series.

bob_ball

[5]Mar 8, 2009
    ultimatekey wrote:
    Don't we already have a thread like this?

I think what your thinking off is a topic RaeandAnasRock made like six months ago and its probably extremely far back, so there is no reason to bump it.

JellyFishJammer, you think your ducks were huge, well prepare for one of the biggest duckings.

I think Band Geeks is overrated.

I do like this episode, but I don't worship it and call it one of the best like almost every user here does.

spongebobfan111

[6]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 5

i think f.u.n is definitly overrated, i dont get what the big deal is over it. that stupid song just annoys me. when i see it on t.v i get embarressed because my mum thinks im a baby watching a baby show. that song just isnt needed and it makes the show seem babyish. i think even a 5 year old would think its for babys after he saw that episode.

whizkid777

[7]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 19
    The Camping Episode:
    Wow, they go camping and Squidward gets mauled. What's so good about it?

Band Geeks:
    This may be my second favourite episode, but anyone that says this isn't overrated is just wrong in my opinion.

Krusty Towers:
    By far one of the best of the series, but again, overrated.

clapmaster

[8]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    whizkid777 wrote:
    The Camping Episode:
    Wow, they go camping and Squidward gets mauled. What's so good about it?

Marshmallows, Tent Setting Up, Sea Bears, The Campfire Song Song, Fake Science Monthly, the list goes on and on my friend

JellyFishJammer

[9]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 29
    Ouch! My face hurts! I slapped my face on surprise when I gasped to see Band Geeks as overrated But you are liiiiiittle right.

Another one, Missing Identity. Repetitive, ending leaves you like wha? But I love it

clapmaster

[10]Mar 8, 2009
    I kinda agree on the whole Band Geeks being overrated thing, even though the episode made me join the marching band in high school .

I think that Sing A Song of Patrick is overrated as well. It doesn't deserve the praise that some give it, like Best of Season 5. That honor should go to Le Big Switch

whizkid777

[11]Mar 8, 2009
    No. Le Big Switch sucked.

And so did Sing A Song of Patrick.

It should be The Inmates of Summer.

Rock_Goddess_18

[12]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 17

^I loved both Le Big Switch and The Inmates of Summer! But I agree, The Inmates of Summer I thought was great and to me is perhaps the best of season five, it alos had catchy songs!

As for overrated episode(s) this is tough, but Not Normal and Sun Bleached I think are overrated, but it depends on how many poeple like them here, otherwise they are likely to be underrated episodes.

I can't really think of any episodes in my mind that to me are overrated right now.

Hmmm, I do think Boating School is overrated, maybe also Sandy's Rocket. Both had horrible endings. And SpongeBob reached a new level of anti-smartness in SR.

(And at least no one here is saying CwN is overrated here, at least not yet. Might not be for long though now that I say that... oh noes!)

FOP_fan17

[13]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    I think Imitation Krabs can be a little overrated. I didn't love it like some others do. I thought it got boring at some parts. And I agree with JellyFishJammer about SB-129. I don't like any prehistoric SpongeBob stuff.

Chewster17

[14]Mar 8, 2009
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    The Graveyard Shift: (DUCKS)
    Ok, it is funny and I do like it a lot, but people praise this episode I honestly don't see what is the hullabaloo. I don't really know how to explain it, but it got boring at times? I don't know, it's overrated. period.

SB-129: (HUGE DUCK)
    Nah, I don't see what's the big deal with this one either. it used to be one of my least favorites of season 1, but I've grown a little more fond to it, just a little. I don't like the pre-historic bit, I thought it was dumb, sorry. The only part I actually like is the "Alone" part. Other than that: overrated.
    I agree completely (about the "SB-129" episode), cept about the prehistoric part, that was the only funny part imo. :/

whizkid777

[15]Mar 9, 2009
    I also think Imitation Krabs is overrated, and possibly SB-129, but I still do love it.

DC-Dude

[16]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 26

Band Geeks (DUCK, DUCK, goose )

I agree with bob_ball. I like it, but it's not the BEST episode ever. Let's face it- most people like it because of "Sweet Victory."

Giant Squidward

I liked it alot, but it's not my FAVORITE in the season!

clapmaster

[17]Mar 10, 2009
    Meh I wouldn't call Giant Squidward overrated because I don't consider it great. Its only good. But that's your opinion DC-Dude

I also think that The Smoking Peanut is pretty overrated too. It was pretty stupid, but I know lots of people that love that episode.

whizkid777

[18]Mar 11, 2009
    clapmaster wrote:
    Meh I wouldn't call Giant Squidward overrated because I don't consider it great. Its only good. But that's your opinion DC-Dude

I also think that The Smoking Peanut is pretty overrated too. It was pretty stupid, but I know lots of people that love that episode.
    I agree. I find it so dang boring.

clapmaster

[19]Mar 11, 2009
    You know what else is overrated, Wishing You Well

I just don't get why so many people (for example DC-Dude and Whizkid) love this episode. I thought it was bad and that song was so dumb. Sorry, but I just don't like it.

Rock_Goddess_18

[20]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 17
    clapmaster wrote:
    You know what else is overrated, Wishing You Well I just don't get why so many people (for example DC-Dude and Whizkid) love this episode. I thought it was bad and that song was so dumb. Sorry, but I just don't like it.
    Agreed. I also got another episode to mention myself that in my opinion is overrated, and that episode is none other than Wigstruck, I don't know how many other people here like it but I think this episode had more gross features when SpongeBob had food and insects crawling around his wig, and also when... uuurgh... when Patrick offered him his wig when it was under his armpit. *Throws up in mouth.* Wasn't as bad as TBoBB but it was still pretty nasty. And besides gross features to me the plot was just poor and lacked something great about it. Also that wig was girly and made SpongeBob look like a sissy. So in all bad episode that might also be overrated here.