We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

ONLY post here if you're a huge SpongeBob fan (Seasons 1-8)... NOT (Seasons 1-3)

money3003

[21]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 6

But if they do let them know, it should be believable and meaningful. It shouldn't be all of a sudden or "everything's becomes all right" in just a flash or something like that.

You know, they should also include more of the minor characters in SpongeBob. And another, as I was watching Culture Shock, I realized that the stage show thing was also used in Squirrel Jokes. They should definitely do another episode involving those stage or talent show thingy. And I have another idea for a plot. Why not do an episode where SpongeBob doesn't pay the water bill and thus there's no water from the pipes in his house? The ironic thing would be how they're already underwater. I really can't believe the writers of SpongeBob. There are tons of things people can come up with, yet the thing they do is "ruin SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship with a beard." What kind of episode was that? I really hope they improve season 8.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tigerdude22

[22]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 43
    @money3003: I love Season 8 except for "Squidward's School for Grown Ups"... Season 8 has been awesome with the exception of that one episode in my opinion.

fweepers

[23]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 4

Yeah, the old ones are not bad, not good. just fair.

fsaenz0125

[25]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 23

Sorry for the one year bump (I wished I posted this last year but I lost the Internet at that time)...

I am really true huge fan of the whole show. I have been obsessed with it since I was younger. I has a bit of merchandise from SpongeBob. That's explained how I'm a big fan. Plus, the new episodes need to have some respect. Who agree with me on that? I'm just tired of seeing "SpongeBob sucks since seasons 4," "the new writers ruined the show," "Season 1-3 were the best," and all those other rude comments about the new episodes (season 4-present).

KyahCA

[26]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 6
    Although I haven't watched the show in years, and I only have seasons 1-3 on DVD, I can say that I still loved this show as a kid, and I don't think they should cancel it.

MarcoAntonioG

[27]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 5

I agree Spongebob Squarepants is one of the few cartoons of taday that doesnt suck unlike those canadian craptoons like johnny test

BrookeParker

[28]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 12
    Kinda off topic, but I saw Spongebob, Patrick, and other Nick character at the Mall of America in Minneapolis today! I think they came to Birmingham, AL at one point!

PNest

[29]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 10

my god i love this show. but i hate people who hate it. even criticize i! honestly do you people want to ruin a childhood by getting rid of this show? also this is the only classic nick show left and practically the only best show on nick right now. so spongebob ios amazign and neds to stay on air for as long as it can

monster_boy1

[30]Jul 21, 2012

I like episodes from all seasons, and there's nothing people thatonly like season 1-3 can do about it. I also hope that when they stop making Spongebob episodes, they releasethe entire series onDVD. I also have an idea for4 new episode sets (8 episodes):

Sleepover At SpongeBob's/Chum Bucket Mecha-Bucket:

Sleepover At SpongeBob's: Squidward doesn't have anywhere to stay while his house is being fumigated. Then he remembers that Patrick is spending the night at SpongeBob's house - but you couldn't make Squidward sleep at SpongeBob's house, but he simply has no choice. Can he survive one night with SpongeBob and Patrick?

Chum Bucket Mecha-Bucket: Plankton gives the Chum Bucket arms and legs and uses them to kidnap Mr. Krabs, and won't let him go without giving him the secret Krabby Patty formula. SpongeBob must destroy Plankton's Mecha-Bucket to save Mr. Krabs.

Driving Mrs. Puff Crazy/Get Well, Squidward:

Driving Mrs. Puff Crazy: Mrs. Puff doesn't have a ride to boating school, so she has no choice but to ask SpongeBob for a ride to school, but as usual SpongeBob can't drive.

Get Well, Squidward: Squidward is sick (for real) with a very bad cold. But on the bright side, he's going to have peace and quiet all day long. NOT! SpongeBob decides to stay home from work and keep him company, entertain him and help him get better.

Super Zeroes/The Second Camping Episode:

Super Zeroes: SpongeBob and Patrick decide to become superheroes, just like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. But all they're doing is making things worse. That is, until Squidward is captured by a giant moray. Sponge Man and his trusty sidekick, Star Boy look at this as a perfect opportunity to show Bikini Bottom that they're good superheroes. But as they find out, the job is too hard for a sponge and a star to do alone.

The Second Camping Episode: It's the weekend of SpongeBob and Patrick's annual camping trip again, they were originally going to camp on SpongeBob's front yard, but Squidward's new electric fence prevents them from doing so, so they decide to camp in the Kelp Forest instead. But, Squidward's electric fence was really expensive and so he's unable to pay his bills, so he is evicted from his home until he can pay them and therefore must join SpongeBob and Patrick.

Guess Or Not/SpongeBob & Squidward's Road Trip:

Guess Or Not: Mr. Krabs gets the chance of a lifetime when he is invited to become a contestant on a quiz show where SpongeBob is the host. The winner gets $1,000,000. Unfortunately, Plankton has also been asked to become a contestant too, and he continually sabotages Mr. Krabs.

SpongeBob & Squidward's Road Trip: Tired of SpongeBob and Patrick bothering him every single day, Squidward takes SpongeBob and Patrick to Glove Universe in hopes of leaving them there. However, he ends up getting all three of them lost.

MichaelIntrav

[31]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 3

In my book, Spongebob is an aging classic that will always continue the tradition and carry the legacyof the first 3 seasons, while the next episodeplot seems alittle on the unintresting side butim sure it'll end on a good note like the last episode.

Patrick: Is Mayonese an instrument?

Squidward: No Mayonese is not an instrument.

Patrick: *Raises hand*

Squidward: Horse Radish is not an instrument either...

OneHungryHippo

[32]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 4

I am a huge Spongebob fan, however I don't care for any episodes after Season 4. Honestly, I feel the show has ran its course. It was already kind of running its course later in Season 3 with episodes like "Plankton's Army" and "Pranks a Lot", which I feel aren't nearly as classic as say "Chocolate With Nuts" or even Season 4's "Fear of a Krabby Patty", but still are pretty good. You can feel free to disagree with me, however I can't say I approve of the flanderization the show has had. I don't think the new writers on the show are untalented, however I do think they don't really know how to write Spongebob. I think some of the people here are a bit rabid, from reading the comments, and should calm down a bit.

YellowRaven2715

[33]Dec 30, 2012
    • level: 7
    OneHungryHippo wrote:

I am a huge Spongebob fan, however I don't care for any episodes after Season 4. Honestly, I feel the show has ran its course. It was already kind of running its course later in Season 3 with episodes like "Plankton's Army" and "Pranks a Lot", which I feel aren't nearly as classic as say "Chocolate With Nuts" or even Season 4's "Fear of a Krabby Patty", but still are pretty good. You can feel free to disagree with me, however I can't say I approve of the flanderization the show has had. I don't think the new writers on the show are untalented, however I do think they don't really know how to write Spongebob. I think some of the people here are a bit rabid, from reading the comments, and should calm down a bit.

Me too.

PIGGYDOOM

[34]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 8

I have always loved Spongebob, every season (except season 6) was awesome! Though I do agree it did loose a nano bit of its charm after the movie in 2004, but starting at season 7 this show improved. Season 9 already feels like watching an episode from season 1-3.

YellowRaven2715

[35]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 7
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:

I have always loved Spongebob, every season (except season 6) was awesome! Though I do agree it did loose a nano bit of its charm after the movie in 2004, but starting at season 7 this show improved. Season 9 already feels like watching an episode from season 1-3.

Me too.

finnysohr

[36]Apr 22, 2013

Season 1 was good. Traditional cel animation, sadly, they stopped using that frequently like a decade ago! Season 2 was better. The colors were brighter, which wasn't very pleasing, but overall, it was better. Season 3 has very good animation. The only problem with it this seasons is it's too bright and it could use darker colors and a mixture. Season 4 had a large amount of eye straining colors, but the episodes are now better than ever. Season 5 was the personal best, with a shit load of funny episodes. It has almost the same animation as Season 4, but got updated a bit after Sponge Henge. I knew by now traditional cel is practically dead, so I didn't care about the animation so much this season and on wards. Season 6 was only a bit frustrating. It was really annoying. The colors were shits of too bright htis season. Same for season 7. My head shreds out even picturing Seasons 4 , 6, and 7. Seasons 8 and 9 didn't really bother me, except for the rainbow mad bright colors and the new music track. I thought 1999 and 2000 were both good years of Spongebob. 2000 was when Season 2 started. 2002, about the end of Season 3, was good too. Same for 2001, of which both Seasons 2 and 3 were airing. Both late 2002 and 2003 was good for the first half of Season 4, with episodes like the movie, "Fear of A Krabby Patty", "Good Neighbors", and the last episode of 2002, "Funny Pants". 2003 went into episodes like "Ghost Host", only a and 2004 made up the very last few episodes of Season 4 and the first episodes of Season 5. Season 5 was good in both 2005 and 2006, with episodes like "Rise and Shine", "That's No Lady", "Squidtastic Voyage", "Friend Or Foe", "Spy Buddies, "Night Light", "The Original Fry Cook", "Goo Goo Gas", but "Atlantis Squarepantis", the special of 2005, sucked. Seasons 6 was bad, airing in 2006 and 2007, and all later seaosns were fine enough.

Ayranci

[37]May 1, 2013
    • level: 17

In my opinion, this show changed so much and went a little down after the movie but I didn't stop loving this show. There were some decent episodes after the movie too. I hate when some people says that "SpongeBob is a terrible show now", "Their ideas are running out" or "Nick needs to cancel this show". Season 4,5 and 7 were good seasons for me. Season 6 was okay but so far It's the worst season of SpongeBob. Season 8 was totally better than season 4-7 and I liked every episode of season 8, except "Face Freeze" and "Squidward's School for Grown Ups". So far season 9 is going well and I liked every episode of season 9, except "Little Yellow Book". Some people are still sayig that this show is terrible. I thought "Extreme Spots" and "Squirrel Record" were perfect season 9 episodes but these episodes has negative reviews too and they are one of the most underrated episodes. Even I saw a negative review for "License to Milkshake" and the person said "anyone can make a milkshake". Every human can make a milkshare but what about the people in Bikini Bottom? He/she forgot that everyone in Bikini Bottom isn't human. Maybe some people in Bikini Bottom doesn't know how to make a milkshake. In my opinion, SpongeBob is still a good show, even It's not great as old days anymore but season 8 was an improvement for me and I liked season 9 so far. I recommend all episodes of season 8 and 9 to everyone, except "Squidward's School for Grown Ups", "Restraining SpongeBob", "Glove World R.I.P.", "Face Freeze", "Demolition Doofus", "Squid Baby" and "Little Yellow Book" because these episodes are the underrated episodes of season 8 and 9.

CarlieNye0

[38]May 18, 2013
    • level: 3

Heck Nickelodeon would crash and burn without Spongebob. For Disney Mickey Mouse is their mascot. Spongebob is the mascot for Nickelodeon. There are/were plenty of other awesome shows on Nickelodeon, but now I honestly can't imagine what it would be like not to watch Spongebob. I think that a lot of good episodes take place after the movie. A lot of people wanted the show to end after the movie. I am not one of those people. The only season I don't like is season 6. I think that is when a lot of bad episodes and haters came out and haven't stuck around for better seasons. I think a lot of people get tired of all the Krusty Krab episodes. They are tired of all the Plankton wanting the formula stuff. I would say that 8/10 episodes in the whole series take place at the Krusty Krab. Whatever happened to Sandy? She was one of my favorite characters, some of the best episodes take place when Sandy is in it. Also I'm saying that because I'm a big SpongebobxSandy supporter.

Murvine_Taylor

[39]Feb 12, 2014
    • level: 9

I am sick and tired of people trash talking the show as well. I think it is selfish of the post-movie haters to want the show cancelled without caring about the true fans' feelings. I also hate how the haters wish ill of the writers because the are real people. Another thing that bugs me about the post-movie haters is that they demonize the protagonist himself. (If you can, please read my forum. You will know what I mean. It is called, "Why do people demonize SpongeBob?")

I find the show to be underrated at times, even though it is a long runner. This is just because of reading all those reviews and comments trash talking SpongeBob and saying the show has gone or is going downhill. It seems that most people hate SpongeBob nowadays, but I am not too sure if that is true or not. I sometimes wonder if I am insane for liking New SpongeBob.