We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

OneHungryHippo's Top 10 Best and Worst Episodes of Spongebob

OneHungryHippo

[1]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 4

I'm going to post my opinions on what I think are the best and the worst episodes of Spongebob. Feel free to post your Top 10 Favorite and Least Favorite episodes of the show, if you would like.

Top 10 Favorite:

#10 My Pretty Seahorse A strong episode from Season 3, this episode really made me laugh. I have seen this episode so many times, but the onion scene gets me every time. The random ending with Patrick, Debbie, et cetera.

#9 Arrgh! Such a strong episode from the show. "Arrgh!" has really solid jokes, the plot is really funny in itself. The "look at the map" scene had me in stitches. Great episode.

#8 Wet Painters This episode takes such a simple idea, and turns it into such a funny episode. Between how Spongebob and Patrick cannot try painting Mr. Krabs' wall without somehow messing it up, and the ending. Really memorable episode.

#7 Culture Shock The Squidward dance scene was funny enough to get this into the Top 10. That and Spongebob's mopping.

#6 Dying For Pie This episode is one of the most original episodes of the show. How the pie was made in a bomb factory, the ending with Squidward literally blowing up. It was too good.

#5 Graveyard Shift Another really really memorable episode. The Hash-Slinging Slasher, the Nosferatu ending, and the guy asking for ketchup. Another funny, funny episode.

#4 Band Geeks It has a great plot, an excellent song at the end; like many Spongebob episodes, it is really funny. "Do you have a dying animal on the premise?"

#3 Spongebob Meets the StranglerThis episode is my favorite 2004 episode. The sheer ridiculousness between how nobody wants to be Spongebob's bodyguard, how the Tattletale Stranger literally turns himself in, and Spongebob's birthday party (the background scene with Squidward wearing the party lampshade).

#2 Shanghaied Oh, this was a really close second. I love this episode, and there really isn't anything in it that I don't like about it. I found the "Squidward torture", or so to speak, to be very tasteful. Patrick's "leedle leedle leedle lee" part is really funny. "You're good, you're good, you're good", The Flying Dutchman's dining sock, the perfume department, that part with Spongebob and Patrick discussing what the Flying Dutchman means by "I want it to look good and scary". Really, really, really great episode.

#1 Chocolate With Nuts It really is the absolute best episode of the show. Another episode that I love everything about. One of the best episodes in any cartoon, honestly. The old lady and then her mother, the crazy "CHOOCCCOLLAAATTEEE!", the con artist, "He's so rich he has a swimming pool in his swimming pool", "Fancy living, here we come", "I love you", "Focusing", "Nice place you've got here". This episode is just so quotable, so funny. I really think the new writers should really take notice at this episode.

Top 10 Least Favorite:

#10 Funny Pants Really annoying, irritating, and just not good.

#9 Good Ol' Whatshisname An episode that makes Squidward look like one of the biggest idiots on the planet, and gets him arrested? Count me out.

#8 Pet or Pests Not funny, not cute, and just plain gross. That and how Mr. Krabs gets his greedy way, and makes money off of worms Spongebob found.

#7 A Pal For GaryThis episode does a great job at making you really hate Spongebob, because of how oblivious he is to the problem.

#6 Atlantis Squarepantis I have not seen the whole thing, but from what I have seen, it isn't good at all. No King Neptune, that, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire is just so much better of a movie. The songs are terrible. David Bowie doesn't sing once.

#5 Spongehenge Really boring, and back in 2009-2010, Nick played this one all the time, and I don't know why.

#4 House Fancy It was going okay until the toenail scene. After that, it just lost me.

#3 Boating Buddies Creepy, stalkerish, and just plain wrong.

#2 The Splinter I don't think they could make the episode anymore disgusting without the FCC having a say in it. Either way, it should probably be banned. It's not funny, it involves Squidward bashing his head with a cash register at the end, you have Patrick's creepy foot fetish in the middle, and that puss splash at the end. Just terrible, and I don't understand how anyone working on the show could have approved this for a plot idea.

#1 To Love a Patty Not to be confused with "Fear of a Krabby Patty" (which was a far better episode, and one of the best episodes of Season 4). I don't think you could sink any lower if you tried without making it completely unpresentable. This episode, is just hard to watch. Between how gross it is at the end being filled with worms, to how he is literally falling in love with a Krabby Patty, and not like how an artist loves his/her work, but rather a sexual relationship. This episode really is just the worst. I don't understand how anyone could like this episode. It's like thinking Doogal is a good movie, I don't understand how it's possible.

What do you think of my list? Agree? Disagree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

epiclaser

[2]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 5

here are my top 20

you heard me, 20

20.ROLLER COWARDS (the mitten)

19.KRABS A LA MODE (well maybe it is personal....I'M TOUCHING THE THERMOSTAT!! I'M TOUCHING THE THERMOSTAT!!!)

18.THE SNOWBALL EFFECT (that snowball that lands in the fireplace 3 times)

17.KRAB-BORG (night of the robot)

16.HELP WANTED (that funny song at the end)

15.GARY TAKES A BATH (GET IN THE TUB GET IN THE TUB GET IN THE TUB)

14.WET PAINTERS (spongebob could you hurry up i'm out of time cards)

13.JELLYFISH JAM (that song is so awesome, not the one at the end though, i'm talking about that one with spongebob and jellyfish dancing)

12.BAND GEEKS (AND IT'S SWEEEEEEET, SWEEEEEEEEEET, SWEET VICTORY, YEAH!!!)

11.MERMAID MAN AND BARNACLE BOY 5 (this one's just awesome)

10.PATTY HYPE (hey tom there's a talking dog at Shell Shack. Whoa, that's cool, lets go. say whats a dog)

9.FRANKENDOODLE

8.DUNCES AND DRAGONS (XD XD XD XD XD XD)

7.I'M YOUR BIGGEST FANATIC (the part where Kevin keeps getting stung)

6.KRUSTY KRAB TRAINER'S VIDEO (POOP-People Order Our Patties)

NOW FOR THE TOP 5....

5.CHRISTMAS WHO (where do i start)

4.SHANGHAIED (once again, where do i start

3.SURVIVAL OF THE IDIOTS (Who you callin' a pinhead)

2.TEXAS

1.LIFE OF CRIME, CHOCOLATE WITH NUTS, AND DYING FOR PIE (you can't not put all 3 of these at #1)

worst 20 episodes coming soon

epiclaser

[3]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 5

derp

PIGGYDOOM

[4]Jul 4, 2013
    • level: 8

Great List @OneHungryHippo, Although there are only a few episodes I like that you hate, but that's your opinion. Smile

Edited on 07/04/2013 5:25pm