We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Official "The Abrasive Side/ Earworm" Episode Discussion Thread

Which Episode was Better?

marebear2009

[1]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 27

What did you think of these episodes? I thought they were both very good even though Abrasive Side was a tad better. Discuss your thoughts here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpongebeachBob

[2]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 14
    I just saw both of them on youtube.
    I liked the plot fot The Abrasive Side better, but Earworm was WAY funnier.
    Both very good: 9/10

Sabrespongebob

[3]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 16

The Abrasive Side

I found this episode to be great, much better compared to it's partner. The jokes were fresh and I loved that they had lots of call backs to older episodes (Grandma - Grandma's Kisses, Glove World - Rock Bottom, "I Wouldn't hang out with you for all the money in Krabs' mattress" - The Lost Mattress) The plot was fresh as with many other season 7 episodes, I found it to be sort of like Overbooked but they managed to change it. Everyone was in character and I found Mr Krabs to be surprisingly funny in this episode. So it's a great episode that has great characterization, jokes and something we don't usually see in Spongebob: continuity.

Score for The Abrasive Side: B+, 4/5, 8.5/10, Amazing

Earworm

This one was kind of a let down, It wasn't bad I just thought it lacked something. The song was catchy (I found myself humming it) but I did think that after Spongebob got the song stuck in his head the writers couldn't think of an idea for the ending so they just introduced a real "Earworm". The ending was quite good but still the episode wasn't that great. I liked that they had Sandy (In both episodes) and she played quite a big roll. So it was not bad not great just a fairly average/good episode from the seventh season.

Score for Earworm: B-, 3.5/5, 7/10, Good

Overall: 79% - 8/10

Rukia456

[4]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 6

I liked The Abrasive Side more than Earworm.

Earworm was just ok.

NegiSpongie

[5]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 20
    I already made a topic for this, but it got buried underneath the threads that that troll bumped. But oh well. I liked both episodes. I liked The Abrasive Side better, it had a lot of great moments and references to other episodes.
    But Earworm was good too (It had a reference to Your Shoe's Untied). I liked the Musical Doodle song, it gave me an earworm afterwards. I really liked how the characters all worked to get it out of SpongeBob's head.

fenway98

[6]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 18

I liked The Abrasive side better, but The earworm was funny too. I espicially loved the musical doodle song.

doguineta

[7]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 20
    ^ Same, liked both, but preferred Abrasive Side. Loved to see Grandma Squarepants with an abrasive side. And Musical Doodle was great too, trying to stop it is futile!

CarlieNye0

[8]Feb 24, 2011
    • level: 3
    Earworm. I had the Musical Doodle song stuck in my head for days. It's my new favorite Spongebob song.