We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

"Little Yellow Book" Episode Discussion

PIGGYDOOM

[1]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 8

What do you guys think of this episode? Express your thoughts here:

I absolutely despised this episode! I cannot believe I'm saying this but this is the worst episode I have ever seen! Squidward has never been this mean to Spongebob before! I wanna roast Squidward on the grill and eat him for dinner! The only part that made me chuckle at least a little was how mean everyone was to Spongebob after Spongebob started crying!

SQUIDWARD MUST DIE!!!!!!

Do you guys hate Squidward too? Express your thoughts:

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ayranci

[2]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 17

It was the worst of season 9. It could be better, If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary. The ending was the worst ending, I've ever seen. 5.5/10

Edited on 03/03/2013 4:19am
    Edited 3 total times.

PIGGYDOOM

[3]Mar 3, 2013
    Ayranci wrote:

It was the worst of season 9. It could be better, If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary. The ending was the worst ending, I've ever seen. 5.5/10

Not only was it the worst of season 9, but its the worst Spongebob episode of all time. I knew this episode was gonna suck before I even watched it. The ending was even worse! Squidward said sorry to Spongebob, Spongebob says that was his work diary and he didn't read his personal diary and then Squidward reads his personal diary, Spongebob cries even harder, and everyone starts throwing tomatoes at him! If it weren't for Squidward I would have enjoyed this episode a lot better. And if you don't hate Squidward, you will by the end of this episode.

SpongePuppy678

[4]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 11

I Hate Squidward more than I did already.

PIGGYDOOM

[5]Mar 3, 2013

SpongePuppy678 wrote:

I Hate Squidward more than I did already.

IKR, remember in "Pizza Delivery" (One of the best episodes) when Spongebob was giving the man the pizza, the guy wants a drink and gets livid at Spongebob because he didn't get a drink (He can just get a drink himself) and Spongebob starts crying, you know what Squidward does? He takes the pizza and throws it at the guys face (Which was funny) and that cheers Spongebob up. And in "Fools in April" Squidward felt sorry and said sorry to Spongebob. This episode he did nothing nice like those two I just mentioned! He was laughing when Spongebob was crying. And he didn't even feel sorry like he used to in the older seasons. Now he's a bigger jerk to Spongebob! I want Squidward Tentacles burried alive! What a Diary Reader!

(EDIT): Also if next weeks episode isn't good and you quit reviewing Spongebob episodes, can you start reviewing episodes of Ed Edd n Eddy?

Edited on 03/03/2013 8:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

fsaenz0125

[6]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 23
    It didn't sound so perfect when I first heard of the plot. I didn't like very much and I was expecting Squidward to a major jerk. I was right. Plus, this got to be the WORST episode from the people who wrote this. I am very disappointed in Luke Brookshier, Marc Cecarelli, and Derek Iversen, those guys are always writing better than average episodes. There were some good parts especially when the people threw tomato at Squidward for reading SpongeBob's diary. He deserved that for being a jerk. This felt like Fools in April, Squidward humiliating SpongeBob making him cry. However, he didn't feel sorry at the end. The episode just ended with Squidward laughing and laughing instead of scolding at the people. Worst ending ever. It is Whatever Happened to SpongeBob? all over again b./c of Squidward's harness toward SpongeBob. His harness here however was worse. I only had a few funny parts here and the funniest was Mr. Krabs' hair. This episode gets a 4/10. Wow, a not so good season 9... /

TV.com users are going to regret giving those July 2012 episodes 9especially Extreme Spots and Squirrel Record) a bad rating cause this one worse than those (expect for Face Freeze, that episode still sucks)
    Edited on 03/03/2013 9:21am

Ayranci

[7]Mar 3, 2013

I hated Squidward too.

PIGGYDOOM

[8]Mar 3, 2013

fsaenz0125 wrote:
    It didn't sound so perfect when I first heard of the plot. I didn't like very much and I was expecting Squidward to a major jerk. I was right. Plus, this got to be the WORST episode from the people who wrote this. I am very disappointed in Luke Brookshier, Marc Cecarelli, and Derek Iversen, those guys are always writing better than average episodes. There were some good parts especially when the people threw tomato at Squidward for reading SpongeBob's diary. He deserved that for being a jerk. This felt like Fools in April, Squidward humiliating SpongeBob making him cry. However, he didn't feel sorry at the end. The episode just ended with Squidward laughing and laughing instead of scolding at the people. Worst ending ever. It is Whatever Happened to SpongeBob? all over again b./c of Squidward's harness toward SpongeBob. His harness here however was worse. I only had a few funny parts here and the funniest was Mr. Krabs' hair. This episode gets a 4/10. Wow, a not so good season 9... / TV.com users are going to regret giving those July 2012 episodes 9especially Extreme Spots and Squirrel Record) a bad rating cause this one worse than those (expect for Face Freeze, that episode still sucks)
    Well, my friend, everything you just said is true. Yeah I have noticed most of the season 9 episodes haven't gotten good scores. Face Freeze was actually underrated in my opinion, mostly an okay episode, I mean I've seen much more disgusting faces in Spongebob, such as the face Spongebob made in Whobob Whatpants when he asked who he was (And there was even a snot coming out of his nose ew) and in House Sittin for Sandy when he asked Patrick what he was wearing, it was a water helmet, then Spongebob remembered he needed water in Sandy's treedome and he made a disgusting face, I mean I was fine with the way Spongebob looked when he needed water in Tea at the Treedome and Squirrel Jokes. That's because Spongebob has changed after the 2004 film "The Spongebob Squarepants Movie". Okay this is Little Yellow Book here not the other episodes. Yeah this was the lowest rated Spongebob episode of all time, I mean no Spongebob episode has ever gotten a red score before. If you don't hate Squidward, you will by the end of this episode. Thanks to this garbage they call an episode Squidward is officially the worst character of the show now. Squidward has never been this mean to poor Spongebob before. I felt bad for him. Squidward has became a bigger jerk to Spongebob than he used to be. Not only was this the worst of Season 9, but the worst Spongebob episode of all time. Its the first time in a long time a new episode has gotten a low score from me.

Edited on 03/03/2013 5:51pm

tigerdude22

[9]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 43
    I normally make episode discussions but with this episode, I didn't even think it deserved to be made by a die-hard SpongeBob fan like me so thanks for covering for me on this episode since I didn't want to make it. Honestly, it's the WORST EPISODE of ALL-TIME. If I seriously made a SpongeBob episode 10 Worst List, this episode would be #1... Penny Foolish is now #2 worst since this episode came. Squidward was a major jerk and I hope he burns so much in Hell. I'm also pissed off at the writers... they are real people to blame actually. Did they seriously think this would be a good episode??? obviously they don't know what us fans want at least according to this episode. Nothing was funny here and it's a disgrace to the series. This episode should've never existed in the episode and it literally ruined the rest of my Saturday after watching it. In my review, I HAD to give it a 1 out of 10 but I rate this episode a..... 0 out of 10 (1st time I've given an episode that low). Penny Foolish was 1 out of 10 for me. It is the lowest of the low and I'm seriously bursting my head with anger right now.

PIGGYDOOM

[10]Mar 4, 2013

tigerdude22 wrote:
    I normally make episode discussions but with this episode, I didn't even think it deserved to be made by a die-hard SpongeBob fan like me so thanks for covering for me on this episode since I didn't want to make it. Honestly, it's the WORST EPISODE of ALL-TIME. If I seriously made a SpongeBob episode 10 Worst List, this episode would be #1... Penny Foolish is now #2 worst since this episode came. Squidward was a major jerk and I hope he burns so much in Hell. I'm also pissed off at the writers... they are real people to blame actually. Did they seriously think this would be a good episode??? obviously they don't know what us fans want at least according to this episode. Nothing was funny here and it's a disgrace to the series. This episode should've never existed in the episode and it literally ruined the rest of my Saturday after watching it. In my review, I HAD to give it a 1 out of 10 but I rate this episode a..... 0 out of 10 (1st time I've given an episode that low). Penny Foolish was 1 out of 10 for me. It is the lowest of the low and I'm seriously bursting my head with anger right now.

I know right, Squidward was even worse in this episode than he was in "Model Sponge" and "Whatever Happened to Spongebob (Whobob Whatpants)", and "Good Neighbors". Thanks to this episode Squidward is now the #1 worst Spongebob character of all time. He was okay in the older seasons, now whenever I watch Squidward be harassed in episodes like "Good Neighbors", "Squid Wood", "Krusty Sponge", "Slide Whistle Stooges", "Giant Squidward", and "Boating Buddies", I don't feel bad for him since he deserves it because of what a f*cking a**hole he has been lately to poor Spongebob and Patrick. Especially Spongebob. I hate Squidward so much and let's all explain how much we all despise Squidward and that he shall rot in hell!

Edited on 03/04/2013 3:58pm

SpongePuppy678

[12]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 11

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

I know right, Squidward was even worse in this episode than he was in "Model Sponge" and "Whatever Happened to Spongebob (Whobob Whatpants)", and "Good Neighbors".

Actually, he was worse than all those episodes combined.

4EverGreen

[13]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 44

I actually think it's kind of ironic in the way that for many years, people have been complaining about how Squidward has been getting too much abuse for no good reason; and it is as if the writers made this episode SPECIFICALLY for the people who complained about the Squidward abuse! The writers might as well just have literally said: "There, Squidward actually has a HAPPY ending in an episode, are you happy now?" As a long-time "Spongebob Squarepants" fan, I've seen episode lows such as "Can You Spare a Dime?, To Love a Patty, Breath of Fresh Squidward," AND my lowest ranking episode, "Boating Buddies" which takes the cake in badly written and just plain BAD episodes of "Spongebob Squarepants" in my honest opinion! There are probably going to be SOME people who are going to detest me for taking a middle of the road approach, but as far as the, 'Worst "Spongebob Squarepants" Episode of All Time' goes; I'm not going to go THAT far for "Little Yellow Book!" Besides, if history is any indicator, people are going to stop complaining about THIS episode when "Spongebob Squarepants" inevitably makes ANOTHER episode that involves WAY too much Squidward abuse for no good reason! Because if there is one thing "Spongebob Squarepants" is VERY reliable for, it's consistency!

Pokemon1993Grl

[14]Mar 19, 2013
    • level: 2

I hated Squidward in this episode because he was a jerk for no reason, but it annoys me how people say they hate Squidward, ignoring the fact that Spongebob bothers him all the time and won't let Squidward have any time for himself..I know Squidward is a jerk, but he needs to be left alone when he isn't acting like a jerk.

PIGGYDOOM

[15]May 21, 2013
    Pokemon1993Grl wrote:

I hated Squidward in this episode because he was a jerk for no reason, but it annoys me how people say they hate Squidward, ignoring the fact that Spongebob bothers him all the time and won't let Squidward have any time for himself..I know Squidward is a jerk, but he needs to be left alone when he isn't acting like a jerk.

That is true though, sorry that it took me so long to respond, I haven't been paying attention to this forum in a while. I agree with you Squidward does get abused a lot, so does Spongebob. Both characters actually get abused a lot. Squidward just acts like a jerk a lot in the newer seasons. If this episode aired during the Hillenburg era Squidward would feel bad for Spongebob and apologize, like in Fools in April. This episode made me lose all my faith in Squidward, and he angered me twice as much as Mrs. Puff did in Demolition Doofus. The new writers need to stop making the characters act like jerks which are not just Squidward, but Mr. Krabs, Patrick (Sometimes), and Mrs. Puff too. I respect your opinion and this isn't the only time Squidward was a jerk, he also angered me in Whobob Whatpants, Model Sponge (That one scene where Squidward was happy to hear that Spongebob had to go), Gullible Pants, and more. Mr. Krabs angered me in Penny Foolish, Born again Krabs (The scene where Krabs trades Spongebob for 62 cents), Krabby Kronicle, The Cent of Money, and more. Patrick angered me (Even though I love him) in I'm With Stupid, Stuck in the Wringer, Squidward's School for Grown Ups, and more. Every character acts like a jerk at times. But it feels like every episode one character acts like a jerk. And people don't hate Squidward, a lot of people like him actually. It just angers me that Squidward doesn't understand that Spongebob has always tried to be a good neighbor to him, even if Spongebob does abuse him at times.

Ayranci

[17]May 22, 2013

@PIGGYDOOM Actually I hated Mrs. Puff more than Squidward because at least Squidward didn't try to kill SpongeBob but at least Mrs. Puff improved in "Bumper to Bumper". I was really mad at Squidward in "Little Yellow Book". We saw lots of Squid abuse episodes like "Squid Wood", "Squid's Visit" and "Boating Buddies" and I felt sorry for Squidward in these episodes. @4EverGreen said Squidward was really happy in the ending of "Little Yellow Book" when he read SpongeBob's personal diary. I always wanted Squidward to be happy but not like that. If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary or Squidward felt sorry for SpongeBob in "Little Yellow Book", I wouldn't lower my score. My score is 5.5/10 because there was some funny moments in this episode (my opinion). I really hated Mrs. Puff in "Demolition Doofus" episode too but I liked that episode because of the demolition derby scenes. "Little Yellow Book" is not the #1 worst SpongeBob for me but I thought It's the meanest SpongeBob episode of all time and I didn't like it too. I hope we see an episode that Squidward deserved for being a jerk to SpongeBob.

Edited on 05/22/2013 4:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

pashotshot

[18]Nov 9, 2013
    • level: 15
    I agree with Ayranci. There are actually some funny moments in Little Yellow Book, especially when Squidward said, "I am piqued to peek at that book." Yes, I do think Squidward is just plain mean, but he rocks those puns like there is no tomorrow!"

Murvine_Taylor

[19]Feb 2, 2014
    • level: 9
    Hi everyone, I just became a member of this website back the late December of 2013. Anywho, please do not kill me, but I actually like this episode. It is not my favorite, but I think it is funny. It is kind of weird for me to like LYB because SpongeBob is my favorite character and he gets emotionally hurt. That is not the reason I found this episode funny. Just read my review and you will see why I enjoyed LYB.

lootlimo

[20]Mar 21, 2014
    • level: 10

This is possibly the worst episode of SpongeBob ever.