We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

LEAST favorite episodes from seasons 1-3?

MrCellophane1

[1]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 7

I can only think of a few.

Squeaky Boots - Actually a pretty decent episode, but the squeaking can get really annoying and Mr. Krabs was a little out of line in this episode.

SpongeBob B.C. (aka Ugh) - "Ugh" pretty much sums up this episode. This felt like Stephen Hillenburg got into a time machine and brought a season 6 episode back into season 3. This episode barely had a plot and having the characters just talk gibberish for an entire episode got really irritating.

The Camping Episode - Another episode that felt like a later season episode got sent back. This episode started the "Squidward Gets Tortured" gags that would later be overused and the joke about a dirt circle stopping a bear had a similar vibe to some of the unfunny awkward gags from the latter day episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WPinbacker

[2]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 1
    I agree with "Ugh"; that was arguably the show's "jump the shark" moment.
    I thought Squeaky Boots, though, was pretty good-- especially with Mr. Krabs' freaking out at the end with that "Telltale Heart" reference. The Camping Episode was in the middle.

I'll add mine.
    I Had an Accident: there's no excuse for that lame ending-- not even the acknowledgement at the very end that it was indeed a lame ending.

Mermaidman...5: had that uncharacteristic "sitcom-y" sense of humor that started to surface in season 3-- more details in a future essay ;-)

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler: I always thought that that "SpongeBob is gay" controversy a few years back in turn influenced the writers later. This episode is a little awkward in that regard. Also it is the first instance of an unfunny time card: six hours of cleats in his eyes?? Sigh...

mack9dizzy

[3]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 2

Ok peole, you are crazy.

Squeaky boots isn't THAT bad.

Spongebob meets the strangler is good too!

I agree that I don't like spongebob B.C very much, but I don't think it deserves to be here.

I LOVE the camping episode! C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G!!........

I liked I had an accident okay, the ending IS stupid though.

Mermaidman and Barnacleboy V is probably THE funniest episode, I love the "dark side of the krusty krab" gag.

the one I would add to this list would be Reef blowers.

Third-Kind

[4]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    I'd add The Sponge Who Could Fly too. My review does explain it all, but in short - it's a poor special (but not a dowright AWFUL one), and it further highlights the future issues of the series.

fsaenz0125

[5]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 23
    I has a few from from the first three season that I rated under a 6.

Squeaky Boots-Didn't laugh too much.

Sleepy Time- Same reason as SB. It was boring.

I'm with Stupid: Worst episode from this era. Patrick was out of character. Only liked the first few minutes.

Squid on Strike: The plot wasn't good and it was boring. Plus a couple problems as well.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 4: Meh...kinda sucks especially when everyone started attacking SpongeBob. Maybe the worst MM&BB episode I had seen.

Ugh: Not the worst, but caveman episode doesn't work that much.

Last, The Sponge Who Could Fly: Although the plot here sounds interesting it got worse because of the citizens were being jerks to SpongeBob. Also, the Patchy sequence wasn't that funny.

OneHungryHippo

[6]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 4

I have never seen "Ugh", however I do quite like Squeaky Boots. Spongebob Meets the Strangler is one of my favorite episodes. The Sponge Who Could Fly, I thought, was pretty good. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V is another great one. "I'm With Stupid" was pretty out of character for Patrick, however I thought the jokes were there. "I Had An Accident" was hilarious as well. I thought the ending was hilarious, too.

As for my least favorite Seasons 1-3 episode, it would probably go to Reef Blower. It was a good throwback to silent cartoons, which I can appreciate, but a lot of the other episodes were a lot funnier. Then Plankton's Army, which I thought, although being pretty good, was also not terribly funny compared to a lot of the later Season 3 episodes.

Edited on 09/22/2012 9:45am